|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
(a) He is always himself.
(b) He wins people with warmth and sincerity.
(c) He never tries to impress anyone.
(d) He speaks only to those he considers as smart as himself.
2. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Going to the doctor.
(c) Sleep walking.
(d) Being a soldier.
3. Einstein mentions during the Berlin gift nonsense that it "becomes an excuse for many people for the best thing there is in life:________".
(a) "I mean a laugh."
(b) "I mean debate."
(c) "I mean money."
(d) "I mean entertainment."
4. Besides the honor of the award in Chapter Ten, Einstein also receives what?
(a) New professorship.
(b) Forty thousand dollars.
(c) International acclaim.
(d) Research grant.
5. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a beginner.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He is not qualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
2. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
3. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
4. Though he has enemies in political circles, why os Einstein is happy during Chapter Nine?
5. Einstein learns he is awarded what distinction at the end of Chapter Nine?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)