|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Split a plutonium atom.
(b) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(c) Create a synthetic sun.
(d) Harness solar energy to use as power.
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is shy.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He spends too much time dreaming.
(d) He is disrespectful.
3. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) They don't like him.
(b) His teachers don't know the answers.
(c) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(d) He hates school.
4. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(b) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(c) His daughter is misbehaving.
(d) The knife he is using is dull.
5. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
(a) She is bored with her life and doesn't like their house.
(b) She is frustrated and growing more and more unhappy.
(c) She is completely pleased with her husband's success.
(d) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
3. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
5. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)