|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
(a) Musical concerts.
(b) Formal parties.
2. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
(a) There is nothing absolutely at rest in the universe.
(b) Michelson and Morley do their experiment incorrectly.
(c) There is nothing in motion in the universe.
(d) The universe travels at the speed of sound.
3. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Sleep walking.
(c) Going to the doctor.
(d) Being a soldier.
4. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(b) He hates school.
(c) His teachers don't know the answers.
(d) They don't like him.
5. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
2. The author gives three reasons why some scientists disagree with Einstein's work. Which of the following does the author NOT mention?
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
4. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
5. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)