|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
(a) He makes rude comments about his teachers.
(b) He is absent too often.
(c) He starts too many fights.
(d) He asks too many questions and makes the teacher look bad.
2. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
(a) Stops answering them completely.
(b) Has a stamp of his signature made and has his wife answer them.
(c) Declares that the request must include money for charity.
(d) Refuses to sign any more.
3. Though he has enemies in political circles, why os Einstein is happy during Chapter Nine?
(a) He doesn't care about politics.
(b) World leaders appreciate his work.
(c) Common people still love him.
(d) He feels sure it ends soon.
4. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(b) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(c) A better way to measure gravity.
(d) A new way to calculate distance.
5. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it creates heat.
(b) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
(c) How it creates light.
(d) How it first comes into existence.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
2. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
3. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
4. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
5. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)