|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author gives three reasons why some scientists disagree with Einstein's work. Which of the following does the author NOT mention?
(a) They say it is impossible to take relativity seriously.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They are after his job.
(d) They really believe he is wrong.
2. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He is wrong.
(b) He makes it all up.
(c) He is correct.
(d) He makes no sense at all.
3. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
(a) His wife, Mileva.
(b) His cousin, Elsa.
(c) His father, Hermann.
(d) His mother, Pauline.
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a sickly child.
(b) He is slow in learning to speak.
(c) He doesn't understand English.
(d) He is a bad kid.
5. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
(a) Dumb Albie.
(b) Honest John.
(c) Evil Einstein.
(d) Nosey Bertie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
2. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
3. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
4. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
5. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)