|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) He needs a job.
(b) His wife is happier there.
(c) His parents are close by.
(d) He wants his son to get a good education.
2. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
(a) He is involved for a long time.
(b) He finds it fascinating.
(c) He is never interested.
(d) He thinks it ridiculous.
3. During Chapter Six, in which of the following cities do Einstein and his family NOT live?
4. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(b) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
(d) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
5. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
(b) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
(c) He always asks dumb questions.
(d) He is usually mean to other kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
2. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
3. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
4. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
5. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)