|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bertrand Russell comments that "Everybody knows that Einstein does something astonishing...".
(a) "but very few people know exactly what it is that he does."
(b) "and we eagerly await his next invention."
(c) "but no one thinks it is important."
(d) "and the whole world knows exactly what he does."
2. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(b) University of Berlin.
(c) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(d) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
3. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(b) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(c) He ignores the comment.
(d) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
5. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
(a) Only a dozen men in the world understand it.
(b) It changes the world.
(c) The idea is an old one that everyone knows about.
(d) He is completely insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
2. Though he has enemies in political circles, why os Einstein is happy during Chapter Nine?
3. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
4. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
5. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)