|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) Drives him to study geology.
(b) First arouses his interest in science.
(c) Makes him hate his father.
(d) Creates his curiosity.
2. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) He is late for supper.
3. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
4. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
(a) Musical concerts.
(b) Formal parties.
5. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
3. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
4. The city of Berlin decides to give Einstein what for his 50th birthday?
5. Einstein learns he is awarded what distinction at the end of Chapter Nine?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)