|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
2. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
(a) He is never interested.
(b) He thinks it ridiculous.
(c) He finds it fascinating.
(d) He is involved for a long time.
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) The compass.
4. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one takes him seriously.
(b) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
(c) No one hears of his work.
(d) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
5. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(b) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(c) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(d) University of Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
2. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
3. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
4. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
5. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)