|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven ridiculous.
(b) Proven incorrect.
(c) Proven irrelevant.
(d) Proven correct.
2. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
(a) He is excited and enjoying it.
(b) He knows he'll be famous forever.
(c) He hopes it lasts a long time.
(d) He's convinced it dies down in three months or so.
3. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
(a) MIT in the USA.
(b) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
(c) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(d) The Science Institute in Berlin.
4. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
5. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
(a) She is frustrated and growing more and more unhappy.
(b) She is completely pleased with her husband's success.
(c) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
(d) She is bored with her life and doesn't like their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
2. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
3. With what part of Einstein's job at the university is his wife dissatisfied in Chapter Six?
4. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
5. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)