|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
2. Einstein's peers feel he has what attitude toward his country during Chapter Nine?
3. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Tutoring students.
(c) Taking in boarders.
(d) Giving piano lessons.
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(b) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(c) She spends all her time knitting.
(d) Maja starts fights with other children.
5. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(b) He is glad his son can tell time.
(c) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(d) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bertrand Russell comments that "Everybody knows that Einstein does something astonishing...".
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
3. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
4. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
5. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)