|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(b) He is late for supper.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) He is misbehaving all day.
2. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
(a) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(b) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(c) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
(d) MIT in the USA.
3. How does Einstein refer to the way he feels about lecturing at the university?
(a) "My calling in life."
(b) "Performances on the trapeze."
(c) "A silly, pointless exercise."
(d) "The best work I've ever done."
4. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
5. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) Run errands for him.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(d) Clean his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
2. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
3. The Einsteins leave the children at home in Chapter Nine in order to take a trip through what region?
4. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)