|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
2. How does Einstein refer to the way he feels about lecturing at the university?
(a) "A silly, pointless exercise."
(b) "The best work I've ever done."
(c) "Performances on the trapeze."
(d) "My calling in life."
3. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
4. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(b) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
(c) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
(d) He is horrified.
5. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(b) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(c) No one knows who he is.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
2. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
3. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
5. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)