|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What universities does Einstein NOT visit on his trip in Chapter Eight?
(b) Cal Tech.
2. In what area does Mrs. Einstein excel?
(a) Difficult tasks such as redecorating the house.
(b) Complex things like writing new theories.
(c) Common things like tipping people and keeping track of bills.
(d) Simple things like writing letters.
3. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A fish.
(b) A dog.
(c) A compass.
(d) A planet.
4. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(b) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(c) His daughter is misbehaving.
(d) The knife he is using is dull.
5. During Chapter Six, in which of the following cities do Einstein and his family NOT live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the honor of the award in Chapter Ten, Einstein also receives what?
2. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
3. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
4. The city of Berlin decides to give Einstein what for his 50th birthday?
5. The author gives three reasons why some scientists disagree with Einstein's work. Which of the following does the author NOT mention?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)