|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
(a) Broken hip.
(b) Brain tumor.
(d) Heart attack.
2. In the opening of Chapter Ten, the author mentions that the ____________ is one of the greatest honors that comes to any scientist, writer, or humanitarian.
(a) Nobel Prize.
(b) National Medal of Science.
(c) International Leadership Award.
(d) MacArthur Genius Award.
3. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert come to him with questions.
(b) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
(c) That Albert drops out of school.
(d) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
4. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(a) Science issues.
(b) Religious issues.
(c) Human behavior.
5. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) A diploma.
(b) Being away from their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
2. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
3. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
4. The Einsteins leave the children at home in Chapter Nine in order to take a trip through what region?
5. How does Einstein refer to the way he feels about lecturing at the university?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)