|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) He always asks dumb questions.
(b) He is usually mean to other kids.
(c) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
(d) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(b) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(c) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(d) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
3. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
(a) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(b) MIT in the USA.
(c) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(d) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a sickly child.
(b) He is slow in learning to speak.
(c) He doesn't understand English.
(d) He is a bad kid.
5. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
(c) Formal parties.
(d) Musical concerts.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what part of Einstein's job at the university is his wife dissatisfied in Chapter Six?
2. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
3. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
4. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
5. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)