|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(d) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
2. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
(a) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(b) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(c) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
(d) MIT in the USA.
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Math lessons.
(b) Music lessons.
(c) History lessons.
(d) Speech lessons.
4. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
(a) He knows he'll be famous forever.
(b) He hopes it lasts a long time.
(c) He's convinced it dies down in three months or so.
(d) He is excited and enjoying it.
5. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
(a) Those who attack him on personal matters.
(b) Those who are academically jealous.
(c) Those who set out to prove he is crazy.
(d) Those who don't understand his theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
2. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
3. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
4. A major event takes place in Einstein's family in Chapter Ten. What is it?
5. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)