|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
(a) Only a dozen men in the world understand it.
(b) The idea is an old one that everyone knows about.
(c) He is completely insane.
(d) It changes the world.
2. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
(a) He makes rude comments about his teachers.
(b) He is absent too often.
(c) He starts too many fights.
(d) He asks too many questions and makes the teacher look bad.
3. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
4. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
(b) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
5. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Relativity.
(b) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(c) Theory of Gravity.
(d) Theory of Space Travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
2. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
3. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
4. Some members of the city council in Berlin oppose giving Einstein a gift. In exasperation, Einstein does what?
5. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)