|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They ignore each other.
(b) They cannot stand living together.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They remain friends.
2. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) His sister lives there.
(b) He attends school there.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) It is also Einstein's hometown.
3. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) Franco-Prussian War.
(b) Russian Civil War.
(c) World War 2.
(d) World War 1.
4. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(d) United States.
5. During the tour of Japan, Einstein's guide says that Einstein offends Japanese people. How?
(a) His lecture does not last four hours like the first.
(b) He does not put on a clean coat for the lecture.
(c) He does not bother to learn Japanese.
(d) He does not greet the mayor appropriately.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
2. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
3. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
4. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
5. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)