|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) The whole country hates him.
(b) He is pursued by the media.
(c) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(d) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
2. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Harness solar energy to use as power.
(b) Split a plutonium atom.
(c) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(d) Create a synthetic sun.
3. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
4. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
5. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
(a) In case the weather is bad in one location.
(b) To verify that the results are not fake.
(c) International tension might make it difficult for teams to get to the location.
(d) One team is not very good.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
2. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
4. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
5. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)