|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Tutoring students.
(c) Giving piano lessons.
(d) Taking in boarders.
2. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Mercer Street.
(b) Melbourne Street.
(c) Munich Street.
(d) MC Square.
3. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) They are related.
(b) He can blackmail Einstein.
(c) They are both refugees.
(d) He is willing to pay.
4. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A compass.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A chemistry set.
(d) A horse.
5. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(b) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(c) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
2. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
3. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
4. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)