|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
(b) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
(c) That Albert drops out of school.
(d) That Albert come to him with questions.
2. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(b) His sister lives there.
(c) He attends school there.
(d) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
3. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
(a) Taking in boarders.
(b) Tutoring students.
(c) Working in a factory.
(d) Giving piano lessons.
4. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Bachelor of Science.
(b) Doctorate of Physics.
(c) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(d) Associate of Physics.
5. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
2. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
3. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
4. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
5. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)