|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it first comes into existence.
(b) How it creates heat.
(c) How it creates light.
(d) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
2. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) A young girl.
(b) His boss.
(c) The postman.
(d) Another professor.
3. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(b) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(c) He is glad his son can tell time.
(d) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
4. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) His electrical shops fail.
(b) He is ready to retire.
(c) Albert is too old to live at home.
(d) They no longer get along well.
5. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
(b) Secretly sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mileva decides to add to the household income by supplementing her husband's university job with income from what?
2. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
3. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
4. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
5. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)