|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is not qualified.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He is a beginner.
(d) He is a foreigner.
2. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
(a) There is nothing in motion in the universe.
(b) There is nothing absolutely at rest in the universe.
(c) Michelson and Morley do their experiment incorrectly.
(d) The universe travels at the speed of sound.
3. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) He hates the other kids.
(b) The other boys think he's stupid.
(c) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(d) He doesn't think he needs friends.
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(b) She spends all her time knitting.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
5. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They cannot stand living together.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They ignore each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
2. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
3. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
4. With what part of Einstein's job at the university is his wife dissatisfied in Chapter Six?
5. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)