|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) His teacher.
(b) Uncle Jake.
(c) His mother.
(d) Cousin Elma.
2. During Chapter Six, in which of the following cities do Einstein and his family NOT live?
3. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(b) He is glad his son can tell time.
(c) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(d) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
4. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a beginner.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not qualified.
5. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
(a) Dumb Albie.
(b) Evil Einstein.
(c) Nosey Bertie.
(d) Honest John.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
3. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
4. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
5. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)