|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Work, Church, and Husband.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(d) Sewing, Children, and Money.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
(a) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(b) MIT in the USA.
(c) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(d) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
3. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) Run errands for him.
(c) Clean his house.
4. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
(a) Energy equals motion times the speed of light.
(b) Energy equals mass times the speed of sound cubed.
(c) Energy equals motion times the speed of sound squared.
(d) Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.
5. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(b) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(c) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(d) He is glad his son can tell time.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
2. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
3. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
4. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
5. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)