|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
2. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
3. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one hears of his work.
(b) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
(c) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
(d) No one takes him seriously.
4. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
(a) Only a dozen men in the world understand it.
(b) It changes the world.
(c) He is completely insane.
(d) The idea is an old one that everyone knows about.
5. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
(a) He starts too many fights.
(b) He makes rude comments about his teachers.
(c) He is absent too often.
(d) He asks too many questions and makes the teacher look bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
2. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
4. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
5. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)