|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
(a) Energy equals motion times the speed of light.
(b) Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.
(c) Energy equals mass times the speed of sound cubed.
(d) Energy equals motion times the speed of sound squared.
2. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) She is tired of answering his questions.
(c) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(d) He is late for supper.
3. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A better way to measure gravity.
(b) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(c) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(d) A new way to calculate distance.
4. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) A diploma.
(b) Being away from their families.
5. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He plans a career in government.
(b) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(c) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(d) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
2. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
4. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
5. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)