|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her children are badly behaved.
(b) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) She no longer loves her husband.
2. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(b) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
(c) Fighting on the playground.
(d) Walking to school everyday.
3. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it creates heat.
(b) How it first comes into existence.
(c) How it creates light.
(d) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
4. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) Another professor.
(b) The postman.
(c) A young girl.
(d) His boss.
5. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) No one knows who he is.
(b) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(c) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
2. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
3. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
4. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
5. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)