|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
(a) All races get along well together.
(b) Their friends are much nicer.
(c) Their house is better.
(d) People leave them alone.
2. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) The other boys think he's stupid.
(b) He doesn't think he needs friends.
(c) He hates the other kids.
(d) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
3. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He is a beginner.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not qualified.
4. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A dog.
(b) A compass.
(c) A planet.
(d) A fish.
5. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
2. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
3. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
4. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
5. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)