|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(b) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(c) She spends all her time knitting.
(d) Maja starts fights with other children.
2. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
3. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Doctorate of Physics.
(b) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(c) Associate of Physics.
(d) Bachelor of Science.
4. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) A diploma.
(d) Being away from their families.
5. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) They are having dessert.
(b) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(c) Albert needs to do his homework.
(d) She and her husband have a date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
2. With what part of Einstein's job at the university is his wife dissatisfied in Chapter Six?
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
4. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
5. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)