|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The knife he is using is dull.
(b) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(c) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(d) His daughter is misbehaving.
2. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
(a) Neither of them are measurable.
(b) Neither of them matter.
(c) Neither go on forever in the same fixed way.
(d) Neither of them change.
3. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(b) His son teaches him.
(c) He has read a great deal about science.
(d) He has a PhD in chemistry.
4. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A compass.
(b) A planet.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
5. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(b) No one knows who he is.
(c) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
3. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
4. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
5. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)