|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
(b) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(c) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(d) He plans a career in government.
2. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Planning social revolution.
(b) Going out with friends.
(c) Debating religious issues.
(d) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) A decade.
(b) Two years.
(c) Almost overnight.
(d) Six months.
4. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(b) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(c) A better way to measure gravity.
(d) A new way to calculate distance.
5. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) She and her husband have a date.
(b) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(c) They are having dessert.
(d) Albert needs to do his homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
3. Einstein is most interested in what part of being a professor?
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
5. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)