|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Math lessons.
(b) Music lessons.
(c) Speech lessons.
(d) History lessons.
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) The whole country hates him.
(b) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
(c) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(d) He is pursued by the media.
3. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
(b) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
(c) No one hears of his work.
(d) No one takes him seriously.
4. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
5. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) Writes a newspaper.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He is a factory owner.
(d) Travels around giving speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
2. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
3. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
4. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
5. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)