|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(b) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(c) He is glad his son can tell time.
(d) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) She no longer loves her husband.
(b) Her children are badly behaved.
(c) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(d) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
3. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
(c) Secretly sympathetic.
4. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
5. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He is correct.
(b) He makes no sense at all.
(c) He is wrong.
(d) He makes it all up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
2. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
3. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
4. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
5. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)