|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Being a soldier.
(b) Going to prison.
(c) Going to the doctor.
(d) Sleep walking.
2. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
(a) Begins shouting at him.
(b) Bursts into laughter.
(c) Gets up and leaves the lecture hall.
(d) Stares at him silently.
3. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) His electrical shops fail.
(b) He is ready to retire.
(c) They no longer get along well.
(d) Albert is too old to live at home.
4. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(b) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(c) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
(d) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
5. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
2. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
3. During Chapter Six, in which of the following cities do Einstein and his family NOT live?
4. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
5. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)