|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(b) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(c) A new way to calculate distance.
(d) A better way to measure gravity.
2. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) He always asks dumb questions.
(b) He is usually mean to other kids.
(c) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
(d) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
3. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A factory owner.
(b) A good father.
(c) A professor.
(d) A violinist.
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is mad at his sister.
(b) He is thinking.
(c) He doesn't feel well.
(d) There is too much noise downstairs.
5. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Cousin Elma.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) Uncle Jake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
2. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
3. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
4. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
5. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)