|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(b) Theory of Relativity.
(c) Theory of Space Travel.
(d) Theory of Gravity.
2. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Create a synthetic sun.
(b) Split a plutonium atom.
(c) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(d) Harness solar energy to use as power.
3. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
(a) Nuclear fusion.
(b) Atomic bomb.
(c) Solar energy.
(d) National Guild of Scientists.
4. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) The other boys think he's stupid.
(b) He hates the other kids.
(c) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(d) He doesn't think he needs friends.
5. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
(a) Only a dozen men in the world understand it.
(b) He is completely insane.
(c) The idea is an old one that everyone knows about.
(d) It changes the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
2. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
5. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)