|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
(b) How it creates light.
(c) How it first comes into existence.
(d) How it creates heat.
2. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They remain friends.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They cannot stand living together.
3. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
(a) She is completely pleased with her husband's success.
(b) She is bored with her life and doesn't like their house.
(c) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
(d) She is frustrated and growing more and more unhappy.
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Math lessons.
(b) History lessons.
(c) Music lessons.
(d) Speech lessons.
5. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) The postman.
(b) His boss.
(c) A young girl.
(d) Another professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
3. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
4. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
5. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)