|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one hears of his work.
(b) No one takes him seriously.
(c) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
(d) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(b) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(c) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(d) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
3. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His son teaches him.
(b) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(c) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(d) He has read a great deal about science.
4. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(b) Debating religious issues.
(c) Planning social revolution.
(d) Going out with friends.
5. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He makes it all up.
(b) He is wrong.
(c) He is correct.
(d) He makes no sense at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
2. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
3. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
5. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)