|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) Creates his curiosity.
(b) First arouses his interest in science.
(c) Makes him hate his father.
(d) Drives him to study geology.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) There is too much noise downstairs.
(b) He is mad at his sister.
(c) He is thinking.
(d) He doesn't feel well.
3. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(b) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(c) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(d) No one knows who he is.
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) She spends all her time knitting.
(b) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
5. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Going to the doctor.
(b) Sleep walking.
(c) Going to prison.
(d) Being a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
2. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
5. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)