|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a sickly child.
(b) He is slow in learning to speak.
(c) He doesn't understand English.
(d) He is a bad kid.
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(b) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(c) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(d) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
3. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(b) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
(c) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(d) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(b) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(c) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(d) He ignores the comment.
5. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
(b) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
(c) He is usually mean to other kids.
(d) He always asks dumb questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
2. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
4. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
5. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)