|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) They no longer get along well.
(b) He is ready to retire.
(c) Albert is too old to live at home.
(d) His electrical shops fail.
2. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) Albert needs to do his homework.
(b) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(c) She and her husband have a date.
(d) They are having dessert.
3. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(b) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(c) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(d) No one knows who he is.
4. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert come to him with questions.
(b) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
(c) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
(d) That Albert drops out of school.
5. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A dog.
(b) A fish.
(c) A compass.
(d) A planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
2. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
4. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
5. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)