|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
(a) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(b) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(c) MIT in the USA.
(d) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
2. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Work, Church, and Husband.
(b) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(c) Family, Country, and Religion.
(d) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
3. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(b) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
(c) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(d) He plans a career in government.
4. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He makes it all up.
(b) He is wrong.
(c) He is correct.
(d) He makes no sense at all.
5. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) She no longer loves her husband.
(b) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(c) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(d) Her children are badly behaved.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
2. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
3. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
4. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
5. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)