|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) They no longer get along well.
(b) He is ready to retire.
(c) Albert is too old to live at home.
(d) His electrical shops fail.
2. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His parents are close by.
(b) His wife is happier there.
(c) He wants his son to get a good education.
(d) He needs a job.
3. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
(b) He is usually mean to other kids.
(c) He always asks dumb questions.
(d) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
4. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(b) His daughter is misbehaving.
(c) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(d) The knife he is using is dull.
5. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(b) He attends school there.
(c) His sister lives there.
(d) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
2. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
4. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
5. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)