|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) Two years.
(b) A decade.
(c) Almost overnight.
(d) Six months.
2. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Relativity.
(b) Theory of Gravity.
(c) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(d) Theory of Space Travel.
3. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a beginner.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not qualified.
4. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(b) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(c) No one knows who he is.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
5. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(b) Her children are badly behaved.
(c) She no longer loves her husband.
(d) Her husband never spends any time with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
2. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
3. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
4. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
5. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)