|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(b) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(c) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(d) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
2. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it creates light.
(b) How it creates heat.
(c) How it first comes into existence.
(d) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
3. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Create a synthetic sun.
(b) Split a plutonium atom.
(c) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(d) Harness solar energy to use as power.
4. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) The compass.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) A glass of water.
5. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Work, Church, and Husband.
(d) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
3. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
4. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
5. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)