|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) Creates his curiosity.
(b) First arouses his interest in science.
(c) Drives him to study geology.
(d) Makes him hate his father.
2. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
(a) He asks too many questions and makes the teacher look bad.
(b) He makes rude comments about his teachers.
(c) He is absent too often.
(d) He starts too many fights.
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Uncle Jake.
(b) His mother.
(c) His teacher.
(d) Cousin Elma.
4. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A factory owner.
(b) A good father.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A professor.
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Speech lessons.
(b) History lessons.
(c) Music lessons.
(d) Math lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
3. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
4. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)