|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A compass.
(b) A dog.
(c) A planet.
(d) A fish.
2. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(b) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
(c) To discuss an interesting theory.
(d) The weather is getting worse.
3. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A better way to measure gravity.
(b) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(c) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(d) A new way to calculate distance.
4. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
(b) He is usually mean to other kids.
(c) He always asks dumb questions.
(d) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
5. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) His boss.
(b) Another professor.
(c) The postman.
(d) A young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
2. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
4. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
5. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)