|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) A decade.
(b) Almost overnight.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(b) Her children are badly behaved.
(c) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(d) She no longer loves her husband.
3. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He is correct.
(b) He is wrong.
(c) He makes it all up.
(d) He makes no sense at all.
4. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
5. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Munich Street.
(b) Mercer Street.
(c) Melbourne Street.
(d) MC Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
2. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
3. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
4. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
5. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)