|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
(a) The Science Institute in Berlin.
(b) MIT in the USA.
(c) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(d) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is disrespectful.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He spends too much time dreaming.
(d) No one knows what to expect from him.
3. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) He is a factory owner.
(b) Travels around giving speeches.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) Writes a newspaper.
4. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
(a) How it creates heat.
(b) How it can send light and heat without burning out.
(c) How it first comes into existence.
(d) How it creates light.
5. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) A decade.
(b) Two years.
(c) Almost overnight.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
2. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
3. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
4. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
5. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)