|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Being a soldier.
(b) Going to the doctor.
(c) Going to prison.
(d) Sleep walking.
2. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A compass.
(b) A planet.
(c) A fish.
(d) A dog.
3. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
4. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) Drives him to study geology.
(b) First arouses his interest in science.
(c) Makes him hate his father.
(d) Creates his curiosity.
5. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
(a) No one takes him seriously.
(b) No one is able to recreate the experiment.
(c) No one hears of his work.
(d) No one understands his work well enough to do the experiments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
3. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
4. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
5. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)