|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a bad kid.
(b) He doesn't understand English.
(c) He is a sickly child.
(d) He is slow in learning to speak.
2. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
(a) The universe travels at the speed of sound.
(b) There is nothing absolutely at rest in the universe.
(c) Michelson and Morley do their experiment incorrectly.
(d) There is nothing in motion in the universe.
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) His teacher.
(b) Cousin Elma.
(c) Uncle Jake.
(d) His mother.
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) He attends school there.
(b) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) His sister lives there.
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is shy.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He spends too much time dreaming.
(d) He is disrespectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
2. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
3. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
5. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)