|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
(a) Solar energy.
(b) National Guild of Scientists.
(c) Nuclear fusion.
(d) Atomic bomb.
2. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Going to the doctor.
(c) Sleep walking.
(d) Being a soldier.
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) Being away from their families.
(b) A diploma.
4. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is disrespectful.
(b) He spends too much time dreaming.
(c) He is shy.
(d) No one knows what to expect from him.
5. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Planning social revolution.
(b) Debating religious issues.
(c) Going out with friends.
(d) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
2. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
3. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
4. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
5. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)