|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(b) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(c) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(d) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
2. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(b) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(c) His son teaches him.
(d) He has read a great deal about science.
3. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
(d) Secretly sympathetic.
4. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) He needs a job.
(b) His parents are close by.
(c) He wants his son to get a good education.
(d) His wife is happier there.
5. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Walking to school everyday.
(b) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
(c) Fighting on the playground.
(d) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
3. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
4. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
5. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)