|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(b) The boy is poor and dirty.
(c) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(d) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
2. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He is a beginner.
(c) He is not qualified.
(d) He is a foreigner.
3. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(b) Her children are badly behaved.
(c) She no longer loves her husband.
(d) Her husband never spends any time with her.
4. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
(a) Atomic bomb.
(b) National Guild of Scientists.
(c) Nuclear fusion.
(d) Solar energy.
5. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
(a) Swiss Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich.
(b) MIT in the USA.
(c) His old Gymnasium in Munich.
(d) The Science Institute in Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
2. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
3. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
4. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
5. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)