|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) A young girl.
(b) His boss.
(c) The postman.
(d) Another professor.
2. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Being a soldier.
(b) Going to the doctor.
(c) Sleep walking.
(d) Going to prison.
3. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) They are both refugees.
(b) He is willing to pay.
(c) They are related.
(d) He can blackmail Einstein.
4. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He spends too much time dreaming.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is disrespectful.
5. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) The other boys think he's stupid.
(b) He hates the other kids.
(c) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(d) He doesn't think he needs friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
2. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
3. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
4. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)