|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) A young girl.
(b) His boss.
(c) The postman.
(d) Another professor.
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(b) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(c) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(d) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) History lessons.
(b) Math lessons.
(c) Speech lessons.
(d) Music lessons.
4. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
(a) He starts too many fights.
(b) He is absent too often.
(c) He makes rude comments about his teachers.
(d) He asks too many questions and makes the teacher look bad.
5. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Work, Church, and Husband.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(d) Sewing, Children, and Money.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
3. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
4. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
5. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)