|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert come to him with questions.
(b) That Albert drops out of school.
(c) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
(d) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
2. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) Travels around giving speeches.
(b) Writes a newspaper.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He is a factory owner.
3. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A planet.
(b) A dog.
(c) A fish.
(d) A compass.
4. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) The other boys think he's stupid.
(b) He doesn't think he needs friends.
(c) He hates the other kids.
(d) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
5. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Bachelor of Science.
(b) Doctorate of Physics.
(c) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(d) Associate of Physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
2. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
3. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
4. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
5. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)