|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Patent Office.
(d) Postal Service.
2. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) He can blackmail Einstein.
(b) They are both refugees.
(c) They are related.
(d) He is willing to pay.
3. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(b) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(c) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(d) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
4. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
5. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is mad at his sister.
(b) He is thinking.
(c) He doesn't feel well.
(d) There is too much noise downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
2. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)