|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is late for supper.
(b) She is tired of answering his questions.
(c) He is misbehaving all day.
(d) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
2. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
(a) Letting strangers into the house.
(b) Talking to too many people on his way home.
(c) Drinking coffee at the coffee shop.
(d) Going out without his socks.
3. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) First arouses his interest in science.
(b) Drives him to study geology.
(c) Creates his curiosity.
(d) Makes him hate his father.
4. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) Run errands for him.
(d) Clean his house.
5. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Work, Church, and Husband.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(d) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
3. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
5. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)