|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(b) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
(c) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(d) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
2. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(b) Planning social revolution.
(c) Debating religious issues.
(d) Going out with friends.
3. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(b) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(c) Family, Country, and Religion.
(d) Work, Church, and Husband.
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(b) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(c) She spends all her time knitting.
(d) Maja starts fights with other children.
5. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) He is ready to retire.
(b) His electrical shops fail.
(c) Albert is too old to live at home.
(d) They no longer get along well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
2. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
3. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
4. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
5. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)