|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Melbourne Street.
(b) Munich Street.
(c) MC Square.
(d) Mercer Street.
2. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Patent Office.
(c) Postal Service.
3. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
(a) Secretly sympathetic.
4. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Associate of Physics.
(b) Doctorate of Physics.
(c) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(d) Bachelor of Science.
5. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(b) His son teaches him.
(c) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(d) He has read a great deal about science.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
3. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
4. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
5. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)