|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(b) Postal Service.
(d) Patent Office.
2. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(b) A new way to calculate distance.
(c) A better way to measure gravity.
(d) A device for measuring small electric charges.
3. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is disrespectful.
(c) He spends too much time dreaming.
(d) No one knows what to expect from him.
4. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(b) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(c) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(d) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
5. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(b) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(c) No one knows who he is.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
4. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
5. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)