|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) His boss.
(b) A young girl.
(c) The postman.
(d) Another professor.
2. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) His teddy bear.
(b) The compass.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) A glass of water.
3. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
(a) Going out without his socks.
(b) Letting strangers into the house.
(c) Drinking coffee at the coffee shop.
(d) Talking to too many people on his way home.
4. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
(b) The whole country hates him.
(c) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(d) He is pursued by the media.
5. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) His daughter is misbehaving.
(b) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(c) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(d) The knife he is using is dull.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
2. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
3. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
5. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)