|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(b) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(c) He is glad his son can tell time.
(d) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
2. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
(b) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
(c) That Albert come to him with questions.
(d) That Albert drops out of school.
3. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A compass.
(b) A dog.
(c) A planet.
(d) A fish.
4. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(b) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
(c) Walking to school everyday.
(d) Fighting on the playground.
5. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(b) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
2. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
3. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
4. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
5. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)