|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(b) To discuss an interesting theory.
(c) The weather is getting worse.
(d) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
2. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He is a beginner.
(d) He is not qualified.
3. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Sleep walking.
(c) Going to the doctor.
(d) Being a soldier.
4. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(b) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
(c) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(d) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
5. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) He is late for supper.
(c) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(d) She is tired of answering his questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
2. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
3. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
4. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
5. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)