|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) The boy is poor and dirty.
(b) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(c) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(d) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
2. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(b) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(c) A better way to measure gravity.
(d) A new way to calculate distance.
3. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(b) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(c) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(d) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
4. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) They are both refugees.
(b) He can blackmail Einstein.
(c) They are related.
(d) He is willing to pay.
5. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) There is too much noise downstairs.
(b) He doesn't feel well.
(c) He is mad at his sister.
(d) He is thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
3. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)