|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) His sister lives there.
(b) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) He attends school there.
2. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(b) He doesn't think he needs friends.
(c) He hates the other kids.
(d) The other boys think he's stupid.
3. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A good father.
(b) A professor.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A factory owner.
4. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) His daughter is misbehaving.
(b) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(c) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(d) The knife he is using is dull.
5. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Munich Street.
(b) MC Square.
(c) Melbourne Street.
(d) Mercer Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
4. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)