|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(b) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(c) He has read a great deal about science.
(d) His son teaches him.
2. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) He doesn't think he needs friends.
(b) The other boys think he's stupid.
(c) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(d) He hates the other kids.
3. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her children are badly behaved.
(b) She no longer loves her husband.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) Her husband never spends any time with her.
4. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(b) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
(c) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(d) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
5. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
2. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
5. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)