|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) First arouses his interest in science.
(b) Creates his curiosity.
(c) Drives him to study geology.
(d) Makes him hate his father.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is mad at his sister.
(b) There is too much noise downstairs.
(c) He is thinking.
(d) He doesn't feel well.
3. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
(a) Going to prison.
(b) Being a soldier.
(c) Going to the doctor.
(d) Sleep walking.
4. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(b) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(c) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(d) No one knows who he is.
5. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(b) They don't like him.
(c) His teachers don't know the answers.
(d) He hates school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
2. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
3. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
4. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
5. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)