|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) She and her husband have a date.
(b) They are having dessert.
(c) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(d) Albert needs to do his homework.
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(b) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
(c) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(d) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
3. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(b) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(c) He is glad his son can tell time.
(d) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
4. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
5. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her children are badly behaved.
(b) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) She no longer loves her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
3. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
4. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)