|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) Albert is too old to live at home.
(b) His electrical shops fail.
(c) He is ready to retire.
(d) They no longer get along well.
2. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) The compass.
(d) A warm blanket.
3. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Patent Office.
(d) Postal Service.
4. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
5. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
(b) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(c) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(d) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
2. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
4. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
5. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)