|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is thinking.
(b) He is mad at his sister.
(c) There is too much noise downstairs.
(d) He doesn't feel well.
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) First arouses his interest in science.
(b) Makes him hate his father.
(c) Creates his curiosity.
(d) Drives him to study geology.
3. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) He can blackmail Einstein.
(b) They are related.
(c) They are both refugees.
(d) He is willing to pay.
4. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) They don't like him.
(b) He hates school.
(c) His teachers don't know the answers.
(d) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
5. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) The compass.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) His teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
5. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)