|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) Almost overnight.
(b) A decade.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
2. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
(a) He makes rude comments about his teachers.
(b) He starts too many fights.
(c) He is absent too often.
(d) He asks too many questions and makes the teacher look bad.
3. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) He is glad his son can tell time.
(b) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(c) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(d) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is late for supper.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a bad kid.
(b) He doesn't understand English.
(c) He is a sickly child.
(d) He is slow in learning to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
3. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
5. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)