|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) They are having dessert.
(b) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(c) She and her husband have a date.
(d) Albert needs to do his homework.
2. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(b) He is late for supper.
(c) He is misbehaving all day.
(d) She is tired of answering his questions.
3. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) Travels around giving speeches.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) Writes a newspaper.
(d) He is a factory owner.
4. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(b) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(c) The boy is poor and dirty.
(d) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
5. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) Almost overnight.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) A decade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
3. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
4. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
5. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)