|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(b) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(c) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(d) He ignores the comment.
2. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) He is a factory owner.
(b) Writes a newspaper.
(c) Travels around giving speeches.
(d) He is unemployed.
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Speech lessons.
(b) History lessons.
(c) Music lessons.
(d) Math lessons.
4. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) They are having dessert.
(b) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(c) Albert needs to do his homework.
(d) She and her husband have a date.
5. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A good father.
(b) A factory owner.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
2. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
3. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
4. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
5. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)