|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(b) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(c) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(d) He ignores the comment.
2. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
3. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Munich Street.
(b) Mercer Street.
(c) MC Square.
(d) Melbourne Street.
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(b) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(c) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(d) He is glad his son can tell time.
5. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
(a) Going out without his socks.
(b) Drinking coffee at the coffee shop.
(c) Letting strangers into the house.
(d) Talking to too many people on his way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
2. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
3. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
4. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
5. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)