|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) He has read a great deal about science.
(b) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(c) His son teaches him.
(d) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
2. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) They are having dessert.
(b) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(c) She and her husband have a date.
(d) Albert needs to do his homework.
3. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) A young girl.
(b) His boss.
(c) The postman.
(d) Another professor.
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(b) He is glad his son can tell time.
(c) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(d) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) He wants his son to get a good education.
(b) His parents are close by.
(c) His wife is happier there.
(d) He needs a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
3. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
4. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)