|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He doesn't understand English.
(b) He is slow in learning to speak.
(c) He is a sickly child.
(d) He is a bad kid.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) There is too much noise downstairs.
(b) He is mad at his sister.
(c) He is thinking.
(d) He doesn't feel well.
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) History lessons.
(b) Speech lessons.
(c) Music lessons.
(d) Math lessons.
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is late for supper.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(d) She is tired of answering his questions.
5. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(b) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(c) He ignores the comment.
(d) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
2. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
3. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
4. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
5. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)