|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) He is pursued by the media.
(b) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
(c) The whole country hates him.
(d) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
2. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(b) She spends all her time knitting.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
3. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) His boss.
(b) The postman.
(c) Another professor.
(d) A young girl.
4. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Cousin Elma.
(b) His mother.
(c) Uncle Jake.
(d) His teacher.
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He spends too much time dreaming.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is disrespectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
2. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
3. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
4. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
5. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)