|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(b) The weather is getting worse.
(c) To discuss an interesting theory.
(d) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
2. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) He attends school there.
(b) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) His sister lives there.
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a bad kid.
(b) He is a sickly child.
(c) He is slow in learning to speak.
(d) He doesn't understand English.
4. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) Travels around giving speeches.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) Writes a newspaper.
(d) He is a factory owner.
5. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) MC Square.
(b) Mercer Street.
(c) Munich Street.
(d) Melbourne Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
3. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
4. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)