|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A professor.
(b) A factory owner.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A good father.
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) Creates his curiosity.
(b) Drives him to study geology.
(c) First arouses his interest in science.
(d) Makes him hate his father.
3. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(b) His sister lives there.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) He attends school there.
5. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A compass.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A chemistry set.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
2. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
3. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
4. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
5. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)