|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) Run errands for him.
(d) Clean his house.
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(b) He is pursued by the media.
(c) The whole country hates him.
(d) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
3. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Melbourne Street.
(b) Munich Street.
(c) Mercer Street.
(d) MC Square.
4. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) His teddy bear.
(d) The compass.
5. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(b) The weather is getting worse.
(c) To discuss an interesting theory.
(d) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
2. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
3. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
4. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
5. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)