|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(b) No one knows who he is.
(c) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(d) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
2. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
(b) The weather is getting worse.
(c) To discuss an interesting theory.
(d) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
3. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) He can blackmail Einstein.
(b) They are related.
(c) He is willing to pay.
(d) They are both refugees.
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) He is late for supper.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) He needs a job.
(b) His wife is happier there.
(c) His parents are close by.
(d) He wants his son to get a good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
5. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)