|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(b) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) She spends all her time knitting.
2. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(b) His sister lives there.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) He attends school there.
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) Six months.
(b) A decade.
(c) Almost overnight.
(d) Two years.
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(b) He is late for supper.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) He is misbehaving all day.
5. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(b) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(c) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(d) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
2. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
3. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
4. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
5. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)