|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) The boy is poor and dirty.
(b) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(c) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(d) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He doesn't feel well.
(b) There is too much noise downstairs.
(c) He is mad at his sister.
(d) He is thinking.
3. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(b) United States.
4. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
5. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) A warm blanket.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) His teddy bear.
(d) The compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
2. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
3. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
4. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)