|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is shy.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He spends too much time dreaming.
(d) He is disrespectful.
2. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(b) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(c) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(d) No one knows who he is.
3. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(b) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(c) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(d) He is glad his son can tell time.
4. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Uncle Jake.
(b) His mother.
(c) Cousin Elma.
(d) His teacher.
5. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) His teddy bear.
(b) A warm blanket.
(c) The compass.
(d) A glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
2. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
3. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
4. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
5. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)