|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
2. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) He is late for supper.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) A decade.
(b) Six months.
(c) Almost overnight.
(d) Two years.
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) There is too much noise downstairs.
(b) He is thinking.
(c) He doesn't feel well.
(d) He is mad at his sister.
5. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A planet.
(b) A compass.
(c) A fish.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
3. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
5. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)