|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) The boy is poor and dirty.
(b) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(c) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(d) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
2. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) He attends school there.
(b) His sister lives there.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) It is also Einstein's hometown.
3. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A factory owner.
(b) A professor.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A good father.
4. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
5. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(b) She and her husband have a date.
(c) Albert needs to do his homework.
(d) They are having dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
2. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
3. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)