|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His wife is happier there.
(b) His parents are close by.
(c) He needs a job.
(d) He wants his son to get a good education.
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(b) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(c) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(d) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
3. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(b) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(c) His daughter is misbehaving.
(d) The knife he is using is dull.
4. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A factory owner.
(b) A good father.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A professor.
5. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
2. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
4. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)