|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A professor.
(b) A factory owner.
(c) A good father.
(d) A violinist.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is thinking.
(b) There is too much noise downstairs.
(c) He doesn't feel well.
(d) He is mad at his sister.
3. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) The weather is getting worse.
(b) To discuss an interesting theory.
(c) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(d) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
4. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) He is pursued by the media.
(b) The whole country hates him.
(c) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(d) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
5. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) He is late for supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
2. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
5. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)