|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a sickly child.
(b) He is slow in learning to speak.
(c) He is a bad kid.
(d) He doesn't understand English.
2. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
(a) Play in the sand pile.
(b) Pick on other children.
(c) Make up songs and sing them.
(d) Throw rocks at animals.
3. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) Writes a newspaper.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He is a factory owner.
(d) Travels around giving speeches.
4. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) They are related.
(b) They are both refugees.
(c) He is willing to pay.
(d) He can blackmail Einstein.
5. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is thinking.
(b) He is mad at his sister.
(c) He doesn't feel well.
(d) There is too much noise downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
2. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
3. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
4. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
5. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)