|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) Run errands for him.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(d) Clean his house.
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) The whole country hates him.
(b) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(c) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
(d) He is pursued by the media.
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a bad kid.
(b) He doesn't understand English.
(c) He is a sickly child.
(d) He is slow in learning to speak.
4. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(a) United States.
5. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A good father.
(b) A violinist.
(c) A professor.
(d) A factory owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
2. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
3. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
4. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
5. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)