|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His wife is happier there.
(b) His parents are close by.
(c) He wants his son to get a good education.
(d) He needs a job.
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A horse.
(b) A compass.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A chemistry set.
3. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
(a) A dog.
(b) A compass.
(c) A fish.
(d) A planet.
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a bad kid.
(b) He is a sickly child.
(c) He is slow in learning to speak.
(d) He doesn't understand English.
5. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) Writes a newspaper.
(c) He is a factory owner.
(d) Travels around giving speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
2. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
5. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)