|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) His teacher.
(b) Cousin Elma.
(c) Uncle Jake.
(d) His mother.
2. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(c) United States.
3. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(b) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(c) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(d) He ignores the comment.
5. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) Travels around giving speeches.
(b) Writes a newspaper.
(c) He is a factory owner.
(d) He is unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
2. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
3. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
4. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
5. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)