|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
2. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) Run errands for him.
(c) Clean his house.
3. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) Travels around giving speeches.
(b) He is a factory owner.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) Writes a newspaper.
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(b) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(c) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(d) He is glad his son can tell time.
5. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) His boss.
(b) The postman.
(c) Another professor.
(d) A young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
2. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
3. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
4. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)