|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Speech lessons.
(b) History lessons.
(c) Math lessons.
(d) Music lessons.
2. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(b) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
(c) Fighting on the playground.
(d) Walking to school everyday.
3. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(a) United States.
4. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(b) The boy is poor and dirty.
(c) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(d) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
5. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(b) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(c) His son teaches him.
(d) He has read a great deal about science.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
2. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
3. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
4. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
5. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)