|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(b) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(c) His daughter is misbehaving.
(d) The knife he is using is dull.
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
(b) He is pursued by the media.
(c) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(d) The whole country hates him.
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His parents are close by.
(b) He wants his son to get a good education.
(c) His wife is happier there.
(d) He needs a job.
4. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Fighting on the playground.
(b) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(c) Walking to school everyday.
(d) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
5. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) His sister lives there.
(b) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(c) He attends school there.
(d) It is also Einstein's hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
3. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
4. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
5. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)