Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though he has enemies in political circles, why os Einstein is happy during Chapter Nine?
(a) Common people still love him.
(b) World leaders appreciate his work.
(c) He doesn't care about politics.
(d) He feels sure it ends soon.
2. In Chapter Thirteen, Infeld says of the professor, "Once a work is finished his interest in it ____".
(c) Becomes different.
3. Why is Einstein's assistant, Infeld, unable to answer a reporter's question on what Einstein thinks of the book they co-write?
(a) Einstein doesn't like it, and Infeld doesn't want to say that.
(b) Infeld doesn't speak English.
(c) Einstein never opens the book.
(d) Infeld doesn't have time to answer the question.
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(b) He is glad his son can tell time.
(c) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(d) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
5. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Postal Service.
(b) Patent Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
2. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
3. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
4. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
5. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)