|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) University of Berlin.
(b) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(c) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(d) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
2. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
(a) She is happier than ever.
(b) She is concerned about how it affects her children.
(c) She doesn't wish to return home to their former life.
(d) She is growing frustrated with it all.
3. During the tour of Japan, Einstein's guide says that Einstein offends Japanese people. How?
(a) He does not put on a clean coat for the lecture.
(b) His lecture does not last four hours like the first.
(c) He does not bother to learn Japanese.
(d) He does not greet the mayor appropriately.
4. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(a) United States.
5. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) He hates the other kids.
(b) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
(c) The other boys think he's stupid.
(d) He doesn't think he needs friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
2. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
3. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
4. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
5. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)