Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(b) Work, Church, and Husband.
(c) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(d) Family, Country, and Religion.
2. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
3. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
(a) National Guild of Scientists.
(b) Solar energy.
(c) Atomic bomb.
(d) Nuclear fusion.
4. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
(b) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(c) The weather is getting worse.
(d) To discuss an interesting theory.
5. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(b) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(c) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(d) He is glad his son can tell time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
2. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
3. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
4. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
5. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)