|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(a) Science issues.
(b) Religious issues.
(c) Human behavior.
2. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
(a) Stares at him silently.
(b) Bursts into laughter.
(c) Begins shouting at him.
(d) Gets up and leaves the lecture hall.
3. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(b) Theory of Relativity.
(c) Theory of Space Travel.
(d) Theory of Gravity.
4. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
(a) Letting strangers into the house.
(b) Talking to too many people on his way home.
(c) Drinking coffee at the coffee shop.
(d) Going out without his socks.
5. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(b) She spends all her time knitting.
(c) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(d) Maja starts fights with other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein mentions that his father shows him a charm on a watch chain when he is about five. What is the charm?
2. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
3. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
4. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)