|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
(a) Make up songs and sing them.
(b) Play in the sand pile.
(c) Pick on other children.
(d) Throw rocks at animals.
2. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) He is late for supper.
(d) She is tired of answering his questions.
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Cousin Elma.
(b) His teacher.
(c) Uncle Jake.
(d) His mother.
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He ignores the comment.
(b) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(c) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(d) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His wife is happier there.
(b) His parents are close by.
(c) He wants his son to get a good education.
(d) He needs a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
2. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
3. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
5. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)