|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven irrelevant.
(b) Proven correct.
(c) Proven ridiculous.
(d) Proven incorrect.
2. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A professor.
(b) A factory owner.
(c) A good father.
(d) A violinist.
3. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
(a) He hopes it lasts a long time.
(b) He knows he'll be famous forever.
(c) He is excited and enjoying it.
(d) He's convinced it dies down in three months or so.
4. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
5. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(b) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(c) University of Berlin.
(d) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
2. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
3. Einstein is very happy to travel to California as Chapter Eleven begins because he gets to meet ______________, one of his early inspirations.
4. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
5. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)