|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
(b) He ignores the comment.
(c) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(d) He throws the boy out of his shop.
2. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
3. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
(a) He never tries to impress anyone.
(b) He speaks only to those he considers as smart as himself.
(c) He wins people with warmth and sincerity.
(d) He is always himself.
4. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
(a) The total eclipse does not happen as scheduled.
(b) The teams never gets to their destinations.
(c) They are unable to get the pictures needed.
(d) They get the pictures needed.
5. As the Einsteins prepare to return to California in 1932, Dr. Einstein tells his wife to take a long look at their house. Why?
(a) He has a feeling they won't be returning.
(b) He intends to find one like it in America.
(c) He is considering selling it and wants Elsa's opinion.
(d) It is a long trip and they won't see it for several months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
4. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
5. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)