|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(b) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(c) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(d) University of Berlin.
2. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The knife he is using is dull.
(b) His daughter is misbehaving.
(c) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(d) The mashed potatoes are cold.
3. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
(a) There is nothing absolutely at rest in the universe.
(b) Michelson and Morley do their experiment incorrectly.
(c) The universe travels at the speed of sound.
(d) There is nothing in motion in the universe.
4. Though he has enemies in political circles, why os Einstein is happy during Chapter Nine?
(a) Common people still love him.
(b) World leaders appreciate his work.
(c) He feels sure it ends soon.
(d) He doesn't care about politics.
5. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(a) Human behavior.
(b) Religious issues.
(c) Science issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
3. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
4. Einstein has a medical issue in Chapter Ten. While in Switzerland, he has a ___________.
5. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)