|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Mayor Walker.
(b) President Taft.
(c) John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
(d) Dr. Butler.
2. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
(a) His German birth.
(b) His inability to speak French.
(c) His crazy theories.
(d) His unkempt appearance.
3. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) It is also Einstein's hometown.
(b) He attends school there.
(c) His sister lives there.
(d) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
4. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
5. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
(d) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
2. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
3. During the racial purge of German Universities, which of the following groups are NOT fired?
4. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
5. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)