|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) He is pursued by the media.
(b) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(c) The whole country hates him.
(d) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
2. Besides the honor of the award in Chapter Ten, Einstein also receives what?
(a) International acclaim.
(b) New professorship.
(c) Research grant.
(d) Forty thousand dollars.
3. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(b) University of Berlin.
(c) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(d) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
4. Einstein learns he is awarded what distinction at the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) MacArthur Genius Award.
(b) National Medal of Science.
(c) International Leadership Award.
(d) Nobel Prize.
5. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
(a) Those who attack him on personal matters.
(b) Those who are academically jealous.
(c) Those who set out to prove he is crazy.
(d) Those who don't understand his theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
3. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
4. During the tour of Japan, Einstein's guide says that Einstein offends Japanese people. How?
5. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)