|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
2. During Chapter Nine, how does Mrs. Einstein begin to feel about their fame?
(a) She is happier than ever.
(b) She is growing frustrated with it all.
(c) She doesn't wish to return home to their former life.
(d) She is concerned about how it affects her children.
3. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
4. Some members of the city council in Berlin oppose giving Einstein a gift. In exasperation, Einstein does what?
(a) Makes a speech about the council.
(b) Tries to have the opposition fired.
(c) Moves to Munich.
(d) Refuses the gift.
5. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
(a) Those who are academically jealous.
(b) Those who set out to prove he is crazy.
(c) Those who don't understand his theory.
(d) Those who attack him on personal matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
3. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
4. Albert tells his uncle that being in school is like what?
5. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)