|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(b) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(c) University of Berlin.
(d) The Science Institute of Berlin.
2. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
(a) He knows he'll be famous forever.
(b) He is excited and enjoying it.
(c) He hopes it lasts a long time.
(d) He's convinced it dies down in three months or so.
3. What is Mrs. Einstein's role in her husband's new fame?
(a) She dislikes the whole mess and usually stays in her room.
(b) She is disgusted that he is not more interested in his fans.
(c) She plays hostess to all their visitors.
(d) She tries to keep visitors and letters manageable.
4. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
(a) They are too close to steerage.
(b) They are not close to the kitchen.
(c) They are too luxurious.
(d) They are not luxurious enough.
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He doesn't understand English.
(b) He is a sickly child.
(c) He is a bad kid.
(d) He is slow in learning to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
2. What does Mileva say she misses about Switzerland during Chapter Six?
3. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
4. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
5. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)