|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Einsteins come to the conclusion that they should divorce. What does the author say about their relationship after the divorce?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They cannot stand living together.
(c) They ignore each other.
(d) They remain friends.
2. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
(a) "Hitler is an amazing man."
(b) "I don't know who you're talking about."
(c) "I do not enjoy Mr. Hitler's acquaintance."
(d) "You soon see what kind of man Mr. Hitler is."
3. One of the people who attends Einstein's lecture in Paris is _____.
(a) Virginia Apgar.
(b) Madame Curie.
(c) Rosalind Franklin.
(d) Rachel Carson.
4. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) Clean his house.
(c) Run errands for him.
5. After Einstein becomes famous, the visitors coming to the house want a variety of things. Which of the following is NOT one of their demands?
(a) That he listens to theory/invention proposals.
(b) That he gives an autograph.
(c) That he takes a better job.
(d) That he grants an interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
2. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
3. Einstein resigns from the Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals after a year because he realizes what about the organization?
4. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
5. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)