|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein mentions during the Berlin gift nonsense that it "becomes an excuse for many people for the best thing there is in life:________".
(a) "I mean a laugh."
(b) "I mean debate."
(c) "I mean money."
(d) "I mean entertainment."
2. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) He hates school.
(b) His teachers don't know the answers.
(c) They don't like him.
(d) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
3. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
(a) Prussian Academy of Sciences of Berlin.
(b) Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Berlin.
(c) The Science Institute of Berlin.
(d) University of Berlin.
4. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
5. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
(a) She helps him come up with it.
(b) He never tries to explain it to her.
(c) She completely understands it.
(d) It totally confuses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
2. As the Einsteins prepare to return to California in 1932, Dr. Einstein tells his wife to take a long look at their house. Why?
3. With what part of Einstein's job at the university is his wife dissatisfied in Chapter Six?
4. The Commission for the Co-operation of Intellectuals is a part of which world organization?
5. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)