|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
(b) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
(c) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(d) He is horrified.
2. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(b) Science issues.
(c) Human behavior.
(d) Religious issues.
3. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
(a) His crazy theories.
(b) His unkempt appearance.
(c) His inability to speak French.
(d) His German birth.
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
(b) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(c) He is glad his son can tell time.
(d) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
5. Some members of the city council in Berlin oppose giving Einstein a gift. In exasperation, Einstein does what?
(a) Refuses the gift.
(b) Tries to have the opposition fired.
(c) Makes a speech about the council.
(d) Moves to Munich.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
2. To which country do the Einsteins move after leaving America?
3. In Chapter Six, a friend offers Einstein three positions in Berlin. Which of the following is NOT offered?
4. Bertrand Russell comments that "Everybody knows that Einstein does something astonishing...".
5. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)