|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students attend Einstein's first few lectures at the university in Chapter Six?
2. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
(b) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(c) No one knows who he is.
(d) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
3. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
4. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) The weather is getting worse.
(b) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
(c) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(d) To discuss an interesting theory.
5. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
(a) Michelson and Morley do their experiment incorrectly.
(b) There is nothing absolutely at rest in the universe.
(c) The universe travels at the speed of sound.
(d) There is nothing in motion in the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
2. Why is Albert kicked out of school in Chapter Two?
3. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
4. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
5. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)