|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) They no longer get along well.
(b) Albert is too old to live at home.
(c) His electrical shops fail.
(d) He is ready to retire.
2. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
(a) Honest John.
(b) Nosey Bertie.
(c) Dumb Albie.
(d) Evil Einstein.
3. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Clark Gable.
4. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
(a) Play in the sand pile.
(b) Make up songs and sing them.
(c) Throw rocks at animals.
(d) Pick on other children.
5. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) Maja starts fights with other children.
(b) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(c) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(d) She spends all her time knitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
2. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
3. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
4. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)