|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the new prestige of the award from Chapter Ten affect Einstein's behavior?
(a) He becomes more refined.
(b) He withdraws from the public.
(c) He does not change his simple habits.
(d) He grows angry and bitter.
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(b) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
(c) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(d) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His wife is happier there.
(b) He needs a job.
(c) His parents are close by.
(d) He wants his son to get a good education.
4. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He is a beginner.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is not qualified.
5. Though he has enemies in political circles, why os Einstein is happy during Chapter Nine?
(a) He feels sure it ends soon.
(b) He doesn't care about politics.
(c) Common people still love him.
(d) World leaders appreciate his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
2. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
3. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
4. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
5. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)