|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
(a) It totally confuses her.
(b) She completely understands it.
(c) He never tries to explain it to her.
(d) She helps him come up with it.
2. As Einstein grows older, he discovers that he enjoys a new hobby. What is it?
3. Einstein decides in Chapter Twelve that he sends a letter of resignation to the Academy at Berlin. What is the response?
(a) They are saddened that he feels resignation necessary.
(b) They do not respond at all.
(c) They do not regret his resignation.
(d) They see it as proof that Einstein is a Communist.
4. Why does Einstein decide not to accept the offered professorship in Jerusalem after leaving Germany?
(a) Younger, less famous scientist refugees need jobs there.
(b) He doesn't like the University.
(c) He thinks Hitler might invade Jerusalem.
(d) His wife is not able to tolerate the climate.
5. To which country do the Einsteins move after leaving America?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Einsteins leave the children at home in Chapter Nine in order to take a trip through what region?
2. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
3. The two American scientists, Michelson and Morley, are trying to measure the speed of what?
4. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
5. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)