|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) She is tired of answering his questions.
(c) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(d) He is late for supper.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven incorrect.
(b) Proven ridiculous.
(c) Proven irrelevant.
(d) Proven correct.
3. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
4. A boy in the coffee shop makes fun of Einstein as an absent-minded professor. How does the shop owner respond?
(a) He ignores the comment.
(b) He throws the boy out of his shop.
(c) He reproves the boy and says Einstein is the smartest man in the world.
(d) He laughs and joins in on the joke.
5. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(b) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(c) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(d) The boy is poor and dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
2. Einstein moves his family into a small apartment to save money, and the children wake up covered in bites. What is biting them?
3. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
4. What impression does the reader have of Mileva's attitude toward her life during Chapter Six?
5. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)