|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) The boy is poor and dirty.
(b) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(c) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(d) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
2. What is ironic about Hitler's attitude toward Einstein in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Einstein is not particularly tied to his religion.
(b) Einstein doesn't live in Germany.
(c) Einstein makes Hitler famous.
(d) Einstein agrees with Hitler's policies.
3. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(b) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
(c) Walking to school everyday.
(d) Fighting on the playground.
4. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Relativity.
(b) Theory of Gravity.
(c) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(d) Theory of Space Travel.
5. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Bachelor of Science.
(b) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(c) Associate of Physics.
(d) Doctorate of Physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
2. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
4. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
5. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)