|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the tour of Japan, Einstein's guide says that Einstein offends Japanese people. How?
(a) He does not put on a clean coat for the lecture.
(b) His lecture does not last four hours like the first.
(c) He does not bother to learn Japanese.
(d) He does not greet the mayor appropriately.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven ridiculous.
(b) Proven irrelevant.
(c) Proven correct.
(d) Proven incorrect.
3. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) They no longer get along well.
(b) His electrical shops fail.
(c) Albert is too old to live at home.
(d) He is ready to retire.
4. During Chapter Six, in which of the following cities do Einstein and his family NOT live?
5. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
(a) Energy equals motion times the speed of sound squared.
(b) Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.
(c) Energy equals mass times the speed of sound cubed.
(d) Energy equals motion times the speed of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
2. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
3. Shortly after the Einstein family relocates to Prague, Einstein is offered a full professorship where?
4. The author mentions three ways Einstein behaves toward all admirers. Which of the following is NOT mentioned?
5. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)