|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the trip to Japan, Einstein cannot resist an invitation to visit what country?
2. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
(a) He is glad his son can tell time.
(b) Albert seldom expresses interest about anything.
(c) Albert usually throws a temper tantrum when in trouble.
(d) He is happy that the Albert is sorry for his behavior.
3. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) The weather is getting worse.
(b) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(c) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
(d) To discuss an interesting theory.
4. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(b) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
(c) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(d) The boy is poor and dirty.
5. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
(a) President Taft.
(b) Mayor Walker.
(c) John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
(d) Dr. Butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
2. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
3. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
4. After Einstein's meeting with the German consul, one of the staff says what about Einstein's decision not to return to Germany?
5. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)