|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) He attends school there.
(b) His sister lives there.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) It is also Einstein's hometown.
2. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
(a) The whole country hates him.
(b) His whole family dies of a mysterious illness.
(c) He is pursued by the media.
(d) He is first celebrated and then declared a traitor.
3. Toward the end of Chapter One, Einstein finds a boy waiting for him on the porch. In what language does the boy speak to him?
4. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His son teaches him.
(b) He has read a great deal about science.
(c) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(d) He has a PhD in chemistry.
5. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) He hates school.
(b) His teachers don't know the answers.
(c) They don't like him.
(d) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
2. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
3. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
4. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
5. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)