|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) He is ready to retire.
(b) Albert is too old to live at home.
(c) His electrical shops fail.
(d) They no longer get along well.
2. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Associate of Physics.
(b) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(c) Doctorate of Physics.
(d) Bachelor of Science.
3. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
(b) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(c) Fighting on the playground.
(d) Walking to school everyday.
4. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
(a) Throw rocks at animals.
(b) Make up songs and sing them.
(c) Pick on other children.
(d) Play in the sand pile.
5. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
(a) Munich Street.
(b) Melbourne Street.
(c) MC Square.
(d) Mercer Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
2. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
3. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
4. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
5. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)