|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) They no longer get along well.
(b) Albert is too old to live at home.
(c) He is ready to retire.
(d) His electrical shops fail.
2. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) He hates school.
(b) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(c) They don't like him.
(d) His teachers don't know the answers.
3. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(b) A new way to calculate distance.
(c) A better way to measure gravity.
(d) A device for measuring small electric charges.
4. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert come to him with questions.
(b) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
(c) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
(d) That Albert drops out of school.
5. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is thinking.
(b) There is too much noise downstairs.
(c) He doesn't feel well.
(d) He is mad at his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
2. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
3. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
4. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
5. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)