|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A horse.
(b) A chemistry set.
(c) A compass.
(d) A baseball bat.
2. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
(a) His electrical shops fail.
(b) They no longer get along well.
(c) He is ready to retire.
(d) Albert is too old to live at home.
3. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A violinist.
(b) A good father.
(c) A professor.
(d) A factory owner.
4. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
(a) His sister lives there.
(b) He attends school there.
(c) He is friends with a woman who lives there.
(d) It is also Einstein's hometown.
5. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Family, Country, and Religion.
(b) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(c) Work, Church, and Husband.
(d) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
3. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
4. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
5. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)