|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What solution does Uncle Jake propose for Albert's difficulties in school?
(a) That Albert tries harder to pay attention at school.
(b) That Albert come to him with questions.
(c) That Albert drops out of school.
(d) That Albert stay after school to ask questions.
2. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
(a) She knows Einstein doesn't like doing interviews.
(b) She thinks the boy is trying to sell something.
(c) The boy is poor and dirty.
(d) She thinks the boy tries to steal Einstein's work.
3. On his walk at the opening of Chapter One, who does Einstein NOT greet?
(a) The postman.
(b) Another professor.
(c) His boss.
(d) A young girl.
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Math lessons.
(b) History lessons.
(c) Speech lessons.
(d) Music lessons.
5. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) He needs a job.
(b) His parents are close by.
(c) He wants his son to get a good education.
(d) His wife is happier there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
2. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
3. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
4. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
5. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)