|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(a) Science issues.
(c) Religious issues.
(d) Human behavior.
2. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He plans a career in government.
(b) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(c) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(d) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
3. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is disrespectful.
(b) No one knows what to expect from him.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He spends too much time dreaming.
4. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(b) He hates school.
(c) They don't like him.
(d) His teachers don't know the answers.
5. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a bad kid.
(b) He is a sickly child.
(c) He is slow in learning to speak.
(d) He doesn't understand English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the hometown of the boy waiting on the porch significant to Einstein?
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
3. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
4. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
5. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)