|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a beginner.
(b) He is not qualified.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He is a Jew.
2. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
(a) To discuss an interesting theory.
(b) So that the boy can warm up and answer Einstein's questions.
(c) The weather is getting worse.
(d) The boy brings Einstein's mail.
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
(a) Throw rocks at animals.
(b) Make up songs and sing them.
(c) Pick on other children.
(d) Play in the sand pile.
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) She spends all her time knitting.
(b) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
5. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) His teachers don't know the answers.
(b) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(c) He hates school.
(d) They don't like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Miss Dukas let the strange boy waiting for Einstein on the porch come inside the house?
2. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
3. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
4. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
5. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)