|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
(a) Makes him hate his father.
(b) First arouses his interest in science.
(c) Creates his curiosity.
(d) Drives him to study geology.
2. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
(a) He can blackmail Einstein.
(b) They are related.
(c) He is willing to pay.
(d) They are both refugees.
3. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(b) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(c) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
(d) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
4. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
(a) Listening to his mother play Beethoven on the piano.
(b) Walking to school everyday.
(c) Playing with his sister in the front yard.
(d) Fighting on the playground.
5. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
(b) He has read a great deal about science.
(c) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(d) His son teaches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
2. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
3. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
4. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
5. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)