|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
2. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a sickly child.
(b) He doesn't understand English.
(c) He is slow in learning to speak.
(d) He is a bad kid.
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) Being away from their families.
(b) A diploma.
4. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(b) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(c) She no longer loves her husband.
(d) Her children are badly behaved.
5. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Uncle Jake.
(b) Cousin Elma.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter One, what odd experience does Einstein have in Germany before he leaves?
2. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
3. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
4. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
5. The boy Miss Dukas leaves on the porch mentions to Einstein that his family all die in concentration camps, and that he is from what city?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)