|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
(a) Religious issues.
(b) Science issues.
(c) Human behavior.
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) She no longer loves her husband.
(b) Her children are badly behaved.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) Her husband never spends any time with her.
3. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
(a) He thinks she is dumb and dislikes talking to her.
(b) He thinks she is beautiful and charming.
(c) He thinks she should focus more on housework.
(d) He thinks she is brilliant and enjoys her company.
4. When Mrs. Einstein asks how Albert gets his nickname at school, what does he tell her?
(a) He doesn't tell a lie to the teacher to stay out of trouble.
(b) One of the teachers calls him that, and it sticks.
(c) He always asks dumb questions.
(d) He is usually mean to other kids.
5. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) She spends all her time knitting.
(b) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of the book, what is the name of the street on which Einstein is walking?
2. What does Einstein say he thinks is the result of seeing the charm on his father's watch?
3. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
4. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
5. What does Einstein tell the boy from the porch that he remembers best about Munich?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)