|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(b) Going out with friends.
(c) Planning social revolution.
(d) Debating religious issues.
2. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(b) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
(c) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(d) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
3. Why is Albert glad that his uncle doesn't ask about his friends at school?
(a) The other boys think he's stupid.
(b) He doesn't think he needs friends.
(c) He hates the other kids.
(d) He is too busy with his friends to focus on schoolwork.
4. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(b) She no longer loves her husband.
(c) Her children are badly behaved.
(d) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
5. At the time this story takes place, Einstein is living in what country?
(b) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Jake feel when Albert admits how he feels about school?
2. Miss Dukas reproves Einstein for doing what toward the end of Chapter One?
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
4. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
5. Why does the boy from the porch think Einstein might help him?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)