|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is misbehaving all day.
(b) She is tired of answering his questions.
(c) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(d) He is late for supper.
2. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) His teachers don't know the answers.
(b) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(c) He hates school.
(d) They don't like him.
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) A diploma.
(d) Being away from their families.
4. What kind of school does Albert attend in Chapter Two?
5. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(b) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(c) No one knows who he is.
(d) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of questions does Albert think about when he visits the church on his way home from school?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
3. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
4. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
5. Toward the end of Chapter Three, Albert tells his father that he wishes to attend what institution?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)