|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reader learns that Einstein helps a girl understand a math question. How is she going to repay him for his help?
(a) Run errands for him.
(b) Clean his house.
(c) An ice cream cone.
2. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Uncle Jake.
(b) His mother.
(c) Cousin Elma.
(d) His teacher.
3. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
(a) Other kids make fun of him when he asks.
(b) His teachers don't know the answers.
(c) He hates school.
(d) They don't like him.
4. In the last few pages of Chapter One, how long does Einstein say it takes for him to gain a world reputation?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A decade.
(d) Almost overnight.
5. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
(a) Maja is blonde, while Albert has dark hair.
(b) Maja is short, while Albert is very tall.
(c) Maja's eyes twinkle with laughter, while Albert's are clouded with dreams.
(d) Maja is polite, while Albert is rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Albert is asked not to return to his school, Hermann tells his son that he can't support him anymore. Why?
2. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
4. What nickname do the boys at school give Albert?
5. Einstein tells Miss Dukas he let the boy from the porch in for what purpose?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)