|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is a factory owner.
(c) Writes a newspaper.
(d) Travels around giving speeches.
2. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) Albert does not come in for dinner.
(b) His daughter is misbehaving.
(c) The knife he is using is dull.
(d) The mashed potatoes are cold.
3. Einstein's responses to the people he meets during the course of chapter one suggest what about his character?
(a) No one knows who he is.
(b) He is known and respected by everyone, and doesn't think he's better than others.
(c) He knows he is smarter than everyone else, and goes out of his way to show it.
(d) He thinks the other citizens are dumb and makes fun of them.
4. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Planning social revolution.
(b) Debating religious issues.
(c) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(d) Going out with friends.
5. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
(a) Make up songs and sing them.
(b) Pick on other children.
(c) Throw rocks at animals.
(d) Play in the sand pile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Albert give when asked why he doesn't ask his teachers questions?
2. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
4. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
5. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)