|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Bachelor of Science.
(b) Associate of Physics.
(c) Doctorate of Physics.
(d) Doctorate of Chemistry.
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A compass.
(b) A chemistry set.
(c) A horse.
(d) A baseball bat.
3. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(d) Work, Church, and Husband.
4. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) His teddy bear.
(b) The compass.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) A glass of water.
5. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
(a) He is completely insane.
(b) Only a dozen men in the world understand it.
(c) It changes the world.
(d) The idea is an old one that everyone knows about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
3. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
4. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)