|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That other scientists take him seriously.
(b) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(c) That he can retire.
(d) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(b) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(c) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(d) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
3. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
(a) She spends all her time knitting.
(b) It usually starts raining by the time they get there.
(c) Maja starts fights with other children.
(d) Albert always refuses to play with other children.
4. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
(a) His wife, Mileva.
(b) His father, Hermann.
(c) His cousin, Elsa.
(d) His mother, Pauline.
5. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is thinking.
(b) He doesn't feel well.
(c) He is mad at his sister.
(d) There is too much noise downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
3. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
5. What does Einstein's famous formula mean?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)