|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her children are badly behaved.
(b) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) She no longer loves her husband.
2. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
(a) Those who are academically jealous.
(b) Those who set out to prove he is crazy.
(c) Those who attack him on personal matters.
(d) Those who don't understand his theory.
3. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That other scientists take him seriously.
(b) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(c) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(d) That he can retire.
4. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
(a) She completely understands it.
(b) It totally confuses her.
(c) He never tries to explain it to her.
(d) She helps him come up with it.
5. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) World War 2.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War 1.
(d) Russian Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
2. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
3. What universities does Einstein NOT visit on his trip in Chapter Eight?
4. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
5. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)