|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He is not qualified.
(c) He is a beginner.
(d) He is a Jew.
2. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A new way to calculate distance.
(b) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(c) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(d) A better way to measure gravity.
3. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
(a) He is wrong.
(b) He makes no sense at all.
(c) He makes it all up.
(d) He is correct.
4. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Patent Office.
(b) Postal Service.
5. Chapter Five opens with Einstein presenting his paper on what?
(a) Theory of Space Travel.
(b) Theory of Celestial Bodies.
(c) Theory of Relativity.
(d) Theory of Gravity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
2. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
3. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
4. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
5. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)