|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is a sickly child.
(b) He is slow in learning to speak.
(c) He is a bad kid.
(d) He doesn't understand English.
2. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) World War 2.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) Russian Civil War.
(d) World War 1.
3. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His wife is happier there.
(b) He needs a job.
(c) His parents are close by.
(d) He wants his son to get a good education.
4. One of the people who attends Einstein's lecture in Paris is _____.
(a) Rachel Carson.
(b) Madame Curie.
(c) Rosalind Franklin.
(d) Virginia Apgar.
5. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
(c) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(d) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
2. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
3. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
4. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
5. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)