|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(b) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(c) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(d) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
2. After Einstein becomes famous, the visitors coming to the house want a variety of things. Which of the following is NOT one of their demands?
(a) That he listens to theory/invention proposals.
(b) That he grants an interview.
(c) That he gives an autograph.
(d) That he takes a better job.
3. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(c) Postal Service.
(d) Patent Office.
4. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) He is disrespectful.
(b) He is shy.
(c) No one knows what to expect from him.
(d) He spends too much time dreaming.
5. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
2. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
3. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
4. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
5. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)