|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) She is tired of answering his questions.
(b) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(c) He is misbehaving all day.
(d) He is late for supper.
2. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
(a) His inability to speak French.
(b) His unkempt appearance.
(c) His crazy theories.
(d) His German birth.
3. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(b) That other scientists take him seriously.
(c) That he can retire.
(d) That he is finally recognized for his work.
4. A young man approaches Einstein, wanting to discuss the possibility of his formula being used to create explosives. How does Einstein respond?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He dismisses the idea as foolish.
(c) He angrily tells the young man to leave.
(d) He agrees to meet with the young man later.
5. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
(a) They are having dessert.
(b) She and her husband have a date.
(c) Her husband's employees are coming to enjoy some music.
(d) Albert needs to do his homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author gives three reasons why some scientists disagree with Einstein's work. Which of the following does the author NOT mention?
2. In relation to Michelson and Morley's work, Einstein's theory claims what?
3. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
4. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
5. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)