|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
(a) She completely understands it.
(b) She helps him come up with it.
(c) He never tries to explain it to her.
(d) It totally confuses her.
2. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) She is tired of answering his questions.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(d) He is late for supper.
3. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
(b) It makes religion more important.
(c) It destroys religion completely.
(d) It makes religion irrelevant.
4. After Einstein becomes famous, the visitors coming to the house want a variety of things. Which of the following is NOT one of their demands?
(a) That he takes a better job.
(b) That he gives an autograph.
(c) That he grants an interview.
(d) That he listens to theory/invention proposals.
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) No one knows what to expect from him.
(b) He is disrespectful.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He spends too much time dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
2. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
3. During dinner, Maja tells her parents that her brother likes to do what?
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
5. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)