|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Create a synthetic sun.
(b) Split a plutonium atom.
(c) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(d) Harness solar energy to use as power.
2. Mrs. Einstein thinks her son should have what when he turns six?
(a) Math lessons.
(b) Speech lessons.
(c) Music lessons.
(d) History lessons.
3. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
4. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A factory owner.
(b) A good father.
(c) A professor.
(d) A violinist.
5. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her children are badly behaved.
(b) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(c) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(d) She no longer loves her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
2. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
3. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
4. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
5. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)