|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
(a) Begins shouting at him.
(b) Bursts into laughter.
(c) Gets up and leaves the lecture hall.
(d) Stares at him silently.
2. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
(a) The knife he is using is dull.
(b) The mashed potatoes are cold.
(c) His daughter is misbehaving.
(d) Albert does not come in for dinner.
3. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven correct.
(b) Proven incorrect.
(c) Proven irrelevant.
(d) Proven ridiculous.
4. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) He is late for supper.
(b) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(c) She is tired of answering his questions.
(d) He is misbehaving all day.
5. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
(a) Declares that the request must include money for charity.
(b) Refuses to sign any more.
(c) Has a stamp of his signature made and has his wife answer them.
(d) Stops answering them completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albert's nursery governess says what about her experience taking the children to the park?
2. One of the people who attends Einstein's lecture in Paris is _____.
3. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
4. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
5. The author says that Albert and Maja resemble each other strongly except for one feature. What is different about the children?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)