|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He doesn't feel well.
(b) He is mad at his sister.
(c) There is too much noise downstairs.
(d) He is thinking.
2. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
(a) Declares that the request must include money for charity.
(b) Stops answering them completely.
(c) Refuses to sign any more.
(d) Has a stamp of his signature made and has his wife answer them.
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(a) A diploma.
(b) Being away from their families.
4. What does Einstein's theory tell us about time and space?
(a) Neither of them change.
(b) Neither of them are measurable.
(c) Neither of them matter.
(d) Neither go on forever in the same fixed way.
5. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Work, Church, and Husband.
(b) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(c) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(d) Family, Country, and Religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
3. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
4. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
5. One of the people who attends Einstein's lecture in Paris is _____.
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)