|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Two, Hermann finds Albert awake when he goes to check on the boy. Why does Albert say he's still awake?
(a) He is mad at his sister.
(b) He is thinking.
(c) He doesn't feel well.
(d) There is too much noise downstairs.
3. What is Mrs. Einstein's role in her husband's new fame?
(a) She dislikes the whole mess and usually stays in her room.
(b) She tries to keep visitors and letters manageable.
(c) She plays hostess to all their visitors.
(d) She is disgusted that he is not more interested in his fans.
4. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Work, Church, and Husband.
(d) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
5. In Chapter Two, the reader learns that Hermann Einstein does what for a living?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) Writes a newspaper.
(c) He is a factory owner.
(d) Travels around giving speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
2. In 1905, why don't other scientists know whether or not Einstein is correct?
3. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
4. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
5. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)