|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) Cousin Elma.
(d) Uncle Jake.
2. After dinner, Albert claims he'll be able to sleep better if he can take what to bed?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) A warm blanket.
(d) The compass.
3. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
(a) No one knows what to expect from him.
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is disrespectful.
(d) He spends too much time dreaming.
4. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(b) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(c) She no longer loves her husband.
(d) Her children are badly behaved.
5. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
(a) His wife, Mileva.
(b) His cousin, Elsa.
(c) His father, Hermann.
(d) His mother, Pauline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Einstein's role in her husband's new fame?
2. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
3. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
4. The author gives three reasons why some scientists disagree with Einstein's work. Which of the following does the author NOT mention?
5. When finally able to test the theory, researchers discover what about Einstein's work?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)