|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hermann Einstein know more about science than the average businessman?
(a) He has a PhD in chemistry.
(b) His son teaches him.
(c) He has read a great deal about science.
(d) His factory produces electrical and chemical supplies.
2. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
3. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
(a) Those who attack him on personal matters.
(b) Those who set out to prove he is crazy.
(c) Those who are academically jealous.
(d) Those who don't understand his theory.
4. Whom does Hermann suggest his son ask about the compass?
(a) Cousin Elma.
(b) His teacher.
(c) Uncle Jake.
(d) His mother.
5. The author states that several French physicists give Einstein a cold reception in Chapter Eight. What reason does the author give for this?
(a) His crazy theories.
(b) His unkempt appearance.
(c) His inability to speak French.
(d) His German birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. When Einstein first lectures on his theory in the US, he comments that, "It is all very simple." How does the audience respond?
3. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
4. During dinner in Chapter Two, why is Mrs. Einstein impatient for the children to get finished with dinner?
5. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)