|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(b) Work, Church, and Husband.
(c) Family, Country, and Religion.
(d) Sewing, Children, and Money.
2. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
(a) His parents are close by.
(b) His wife is happier there.
(c) He needs a job.
(d) He wants his son to get a good education.
3. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
4. When asked by the Archbishop what effect his theory has on religion, what does Einstein answer?
(a) It makes religion more important.
(b) It destroys religion completely.
(c) It makes religion irrelevant.
5. With which detractors of his theories does Einstein grow particularly angry?
(a) Those who are academically jealous.
(b) Those who don't understand his theory.
(c) Those who set out to prove he is crazy.
(d) Those who attack him on personal matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
2. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
3. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
4. At the time it is published, the popular saying about Einstein's famous theory is what?
5. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)