|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(b) Doctorate of Physics.
(c) Bachelor of Science.
(d) Associate of Physics.
2. How does Einstein finally decide to deal with the autograph requests in Chapter Eight?
(a) Refuses to sign any more.
(b) Stops answering them completely.
(c) Declares that the request must include money for charity.
(d) Has a stamp of his signature made and has his wife answer them.
3. Chapter Two ends with Mrs. Einstein expressing her desire that her son becomes what?
(a) A factory owner.
(b) A violinist.
(c) A professor.
(d) A good father.
4. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
(a) In case the weather is bad in one location.
(b) One team is not very good.
(c) To verify that the results are not fake.
(d) International tension might make it difficult for teams to get to the location.
5. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) She is tired of answering his questions.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) He is late for supper.
(d) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
2. Why is Hermann Einstein pleased when his son displays interest in the pocket watch?
3. One of the people who attends Einstein's lecture in Paris is _____.
4. Einstein's theory explains what about the sun?
5. During Chapter Eight, Einstein tells his wife to pack as he intends to travel to which country?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)