|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Albert's mother usually lets him stay up late to listen to music, but tonight she sends him to bed. Why?
(a) His cheeks are flushed and she's worried he is getting a fever.
(b) He is misbehaving all day.
(c) He is late for supper.
(d) She is tired of answering his questions.
2. What universities does Einstein NOT visit on his trip in Chapter Eight?
(b) Cal Tech.
3. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He is not qualified.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is a beginner.
4. Mrs. Einstein thinks her young son's problems are perhaps due to what?
(a) He is slow in learning to speak.
(b) He doesn't understand English.
(c) He is a sickly child.
(d) He is a bad kid.
5. Einstein's work, and the work of scientists after him, eventually lead to the creation of what?
(a) Nuclear fusion.
(b) Solar energy.
(c) National Guild of Scientists.
(d) Atomic bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
2. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
3. Why is Hermann annoyed when the family sits down to dinner in Chapter Two?
4. What is Einstein's attitude about his new celebrity status at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
5. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)