Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Einstein's work, scientists follow clues on atomic energy and eventually learn how to do what?
(a) Harness solar energy to use as power.
(b) Transform a uranium atom into energy.
(c) Split a plutonium atom.
(d) Create a synthetic sun.
2. What is Mrs. Einstein's role in her husband's new fame?
(a) She plays hostess to all their visitors.
(b) She is disgusted that he is not more interested in his fans.
(c) She tries to keep visitors and letters manageable.
(d) She dislikes the whole mess and usually stays in her room.
3. After Einstein becomes famous, the visitors coming to the house want a variety of things. Which of the following is NOT one of their demands?
(a) That he grants an interview.
(b) That he listens to theory/invention proposals.
(c) That he takes a better job.
(d) That he gives an autograph.
4. During Chapter Two, Albert tells his father that he wants something specific for his upcoming birthday. What is it?
(a) A chemistry set.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A compass.
(d) A horse.
5. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(b) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
(c) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(d) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Einstein worries that her son has difficulty in school. What reason does she NOT mention for being worried?
2. What reason does Hermann give for moving his family to Munich?
3. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
4. One of the people who attends Einstein's lecture in Paris is _____.
5. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)