|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
(a) One team is not very good.
(b) To verify that the results are not fake.
(c) In case the weather is bad in one location.
(d) International tension might make it difficult for teams to get to the location.
2. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Postal Service.
(d) Patent Office.
3. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
(a) The man threatens to blackmail him.
(b) Elsa begs him to grant it.
(c) So the young man doesn't lose his job.
(d) Because he is friends with the man's parents.
4. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(b) Being away from their families.
(c) A diploma.
5. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(b) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(c) That other scientists take him seriously.
(d) That he can retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
2. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
3. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
4. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
5. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)