|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
(a) Elsa begs him to grant it.
(b) The man threatens to blackmail him.
(c) So the young man doesn't lose his job.
(d) Because he is friends with the man's parents.
2. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Postal Service.
(b) Patent Office.
3. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Family, Country, and Religion.
(b) Work, Church, and Husband.
(c) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(d) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
4. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) Russian Civil War.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War 2.
(d) World War 1.
5. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven correct.
(b) Proven irrelevant.
(c) Proven ridiculous.
(d) Proven incorrect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. What part of California do the Einsteins NOT enjoy?
3. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
4. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
5. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)