|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her children are badly behaved.
(b) She no longer loves her husband.
(c) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(d) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
2. With what aspect of New York is Einstein frustrated?
(a) He cannot go on sight-seeing trips without being recognized.
(b) The people are not very friendly toward his wife.
(c) The food is terrible and he has an upset stomach the whole trip.
(d) The museums are not as nice as he hopes.
3. When Einstein graduates from the University of Zurich, what degree is he awarded?
(a) Doctorate of Chemistry.
(b) Doctorate of Physics.
(c) Associate of Physics.
(d) Bachelor of Science.
4. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Shirley Temple.
(c) Clark Gable.
(d) Fred Astaire.
5. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
(a) He is never interested.
(b) He finds it fascinating.
(c) He is involved for a long time.
(d) He thinks it ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
2. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
3. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
4. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
5. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)