|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of California do the Einsteins NOT enjoy?
(a) Beautiful foothills.
(b) Good weather.
(c) Great hotel.
(d) Pacific ocean.
2. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Work, Church, and Husband.
(b) Sewing, Children, and Money.
(c) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(d) Family, Country, and Religion.
3. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(b) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(c) He plans a career in government.
(d) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
4. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That he can retire.
(b) That other scientists take him seriously.
(c) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(d) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
5. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
(a) John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
(b) President Taft.
(c) Dr. Butler.
(d) Mayor Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
2. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
3. Einstein is very happy to travel to California as Chapter Eleven begins because he gets to meet ______________, one of his early inspirations.
4. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
5. When asked by a reporter if he is happy in America, how does Einstein respond?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)