|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
(a) "a grand new future."
(b) "nothing special."
(c) "a way to build weapons."
(d) "an intellectual lighthouse."
2. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
(a) They are too close to steerage.
(b) They are not close to the kitchen.
(c) They are too luxurious.
(d) They are not luxurious enough.
3. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(b) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(c) That he can retire.
(d) That other scientists take him seriously.
4. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
(b) Going out with friends.
(c) Planning social revolution.
(d) Debating religious issues.
5. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Shirley Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
3. How does Einstein feel about Mileva's ambitions?
4. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
5. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)