|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) Franco-Prussian War.
(b) World War 1.
(c) Russian Civil War.
(d) World War 2.
2. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
(a) Planning social revolution.
(b) Debating religious issues.
(c) Going out with friends.
(d) Reading and discussing scientific problems.
3. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven incorrect.
(b) Proven ridiculous.
(c) Proven correct.
(d) Proven irrelevant.
4. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
(a) The teams never gets to their destinations.
(b) They are unable to get the pictures needed.
(c) The total eclipse does not happen as scheduled.
(d) They get the pictures needed.
5. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
(a) He is involved for a long time.
(b) He is never interested.
(c) He thinks it ridiculous.
(d) He finds it fascinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
2. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
3. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
4. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
5. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)