|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(b) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(c) That other scientists take him seriously.
(d) That he can retire.
2. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) Franco-Prussian War.
(b) Russian Civil War.
(c) World War 2.
(d) World War 1.
3. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
(a) One team is not very good.
(b) To verify that the results are not fake.
(c) International tension might make it difficult for teams to get to the location.
(d) In case the weather is bad in one location.
4. What is the most important part of school for Einstein's multi-cultural friends at his new school?
(c) A diploma.
(d) Being away from their families.
5. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
2. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
3. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
4. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
5. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)