|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein is very happy to travel to California as Chapter Eleven begins because he gets to meet ______________, one of his early inspirations.
(c) Madame Curie.
2. When asked by a reporter if he is happy in America, how does Einstein respond?
(a) "I am much happier when I leave it."
(b) "I don't mind living here."
(c) "I am very happy if I ever get to see it."
(d) "I think this place is a dump."
3. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
(b) That he can retire.
(c) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(d) That other scientists take him seriously.
4. The title of Chapter Seven says that Einstein is sometimes called the _____________ of the Twentieth Century.
5. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
(a) The man threatens to blackmail him.
(b) Elsa begs him to grant it.
(c) So the young man doesn't lose his job.
(d) Because he is friends with the man's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
3. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
4. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
5. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)