|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
(a) Because he is friends with the man's parents.
(b) So the young man doesn't lose his job.
(c) The man threatens to blackmail him.
(d) Elsa begs him to grant it.
2. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
(a) He thinks it ridiculous.
(b) He finds it fascinating.
(c) He is involved for a long time.
(d) He is never interested.
3. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
(a) Postal Service.
(d) Patent Office.
4. What does Einstein say is the most important part of the Royal Society's research, after he receives their findings on his theory?
(a) That he can retire.
(b) That he is finally recognized for his work.
(c) That other scientists take him seriously.
(d) That someone can take such wondeful pictures.
5. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
(a) A difficult school where he quickly grows bored.
(b) The same kind of school he attends in Munich.
(c) One where teachers really try to help their students learn.
(d) A lazy place where teachers don't expect much of students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
2. Which of the following does Einstein NOT enjoy in Chapter Seven?
3. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
4. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
5. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)