|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of California do the Einsteins NOT enjoy?
(a) Great hotel.
(b) Pacific ocean.
(c) Good weather.
(d) Beautiful foothills.
2. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
(a) The total eclipse does not happen as scheduled.
(b) The teams never gets to their destinations.
(c) They are unable to get the pictures needed.
(d) They get the pictures needed.
3. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
(a) "a way to build weapons."
(b) "nothing special."
(c) "an intellectual lighthouse."
(d) "a grand new future."
4. At the close of Chapter Eleven, Einstein is asked about Hitler. What answer does he give?
(a) "You soon see what kind of man Mr. Hitler is."
(b) "Hitler is an amazing man."
(c) "I don't know who you're talking about."
(d) "I do not enjoy Mr. Hitler's acquaintance."
5. The Swiss schools are not anxious to hire Einstein for all BUT WHICH of the following reasons?
(a) He is not qualified.
(b) He is a beginner.
(c) He is a foreigner.
(d) He is a Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
2. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
3. During his tour of America, Einstein is beginning to have grave concerns about what situation at home in Germany?
4. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
5. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)