|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his spare time from work at the patent office, what does Einstein invent?
(a) A formula to measure the energy of the sun.
(b) A device for measuring small electric charges.
(c) A new way to calculate distance.
(d) A better way to measure gravity.
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(b) She no longer loves her husband.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) Her children are badly behaved.
3. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Clark Gable.
(c) Shirley Temple.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
4. In Chapter Four, what kind of father is Einstein?
5. Why is Einstein disgusted with his quarters on the ship for America?
(a) They are too close to steerage.
(b) They are not luxurious enough.
(c) They are too luxurious.
(d) They are not close to the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
2. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
3. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
4. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
5. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)