|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein grants one final interview to a young man in the safety of his cabin in Chapter Ten. Why does he grant this interview?
(a) So the young man doesn't lose his job.
(b) The man threatens to blackmail him.
(c) Because he is friends with the man's parents.
(d) Elsa begs him to grant it.
2. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven incorrect.
(b) Proven ridiculous.
(c) Proven correct.
(d) Proven irrelevant.
3. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(b) She no longer loves her husband.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) Her children are badly behaved.
4. What is the result of the total eclipse expeditions in Chapter Seven?
(a) They get the pictures needed.
(b) They are unable to get the pictures needed.
(c) The teams never gets to their destinations.
(d) The total eclipse does not happen as scheduled.
5. Einstein encourages other scientists to check his theories, one of which requires a total eclipse. What prevents that experiment?
(a) World War 1.
(b) World War 2.
(c) Franco-Prussian War.
(d) Russian Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
2. Einstein meets Mileva Maritsch at his new school. On what do they spend most of their time?
3. What kind of school does Einstein find in Aarau in Chapter Four?
4. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
5. What part of California do the Einsteins NOT enjoy?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)