|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the war drags on, scientists in which country are planning to test Einstein's theory on the total eclipse?
2. In Chapter Four, Einstein makes friends from other countries at his new school. What affect do their stories have on him?
(a) He begins dreaming of freedom for all men.
(b) He thinks they're lying and refuses to spend time with them.
(c) He starts plotting a German revolution.
(d) He plans a career in government.
3. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven ridiculous.
(b) Proven irrelevant.
(c) Proven correct.
(d) Proven incorrect.
4. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
(a) Her husband never spends any time with her.
(b) She no longer loves her husband.
(c) She has to keep house and has no time for learning.
(d) Her children are badly behaved.
5. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
(a) "a grand new future."
(b) "nothing special."
(c) "an intellectual lighthouse."
(d) "a way to build weapons."
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked by a reporter if he is happy in America, how does Einstein respond?
2. Who becomes Einstein's second wife?
3. Who takes care of Einstein after his divorce?
4. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
5. When asked if the new Mrs. Einstein understands the theory of relativity, how does Einstein respond?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)