One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter Seven, Einstein's theory is finally ______.
(a) Proven ridiculous.
(b) Proven incorrect.
(c) Proven irrelevant.
(d) Proven correct.
2. Of the following, who is NOT present at Einstein's welcome to America in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Mayor Walker.
(b) President Taft.
(c) Dr. Butler.
(d) John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
3. The President of Columbia University, in his introduction, says that Dr. Einstein gives the world...?
(a) "nothing special."
(b) "an intellectual lighthouse."
(c) "a grand new future."
(d) "a way to build weapons."
4. In Chapter Four, Mileva is disgusted with the Kaiser because he says women should be concerned only with what?
(a) Kitchen, Church, and Children.
(b) Family, Country, and Religion.
(c) Work, Church, and Husband.
(d) Sewing, Children, and Money.
5. Einstein doesn't usually enjoy movies, but he does appreciate the one he attends as a guest of which movie star in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Clark Gable.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Shirley Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he becomes a Swiss citizen, Einstein is able to secure a government job in what field?
2. What reason does the author mention for why Mileva is unhappy in her marriage?
3. Einstein receives several gifts as he prepares to leave the US. What is his attitude toward these gifts?
4. After the war, two teams are sent to record the total eclipse. Why are there two teams?
5. What is Einstein's attitude toward politics during Chapter Seven?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)