|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did LeRoy Flatch contribute to the war effort?
2. When was the business operational?
3. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
4. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
5. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act do?
2. How did Tom, Missy, and Tammy feel about the statehood of Alaska?
3. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
4. What effect did the Great Depression have on Alaska?
5. What was the problem with the law in Chapter 12?
6. What effect did cabotage have on businesses and individuals?
7. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
8. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
9. Why did Ah Ting disappear?
10. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Russia's relationship with Alaska. Discuss colonization as well as Russia's interest in Alaska as the book ended.
Essay Topic 2
Write about weather and its effect on Alaska. Discuss how if affected the formation of Alaska and the people in Alaska, both native and newcomers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Alaska is important to science by highlighting two specific examples of Alaskan elements which are globally significant.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)