|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did LeRoy do after the war?
2. Who came to check out the cannery?
3. What was shocking to Kendra?
4. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
5. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what problem did people have with their claims?
2. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
3. Why did the natives feel betrayed?
4. What were some of the dangers the characters in Chapter 8 faced?
5. What was the effect of automation on the workers?
6. Describe what cabotage is.
7. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
8. What did the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act do?
9. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
10. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Alaska is important to science by highlighting two specific examples of Alaskan elements which are globally significant.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Russia's relationship with Alaska. Discuss colonization as well as Russia's interest in Alaska as the book ended.
Essay Topic 3
Alaska is a land rich in natural resource. Define three major resources found in Alaska, and explain how each find impacted the people of Alaska.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)