|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
2. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
3. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
4. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
5. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the issue of statehood was so important. Detail why some people were for it and why some were against it. What changes occurred when Alaska reached statehood?
Essay Topic 2
Write about weather and its effect on Alaska. Discuss how if affected the formation of Alaska and the people in Alaska, both native and newcomers.
Essay Topic 3
Transportation played a big role in the history of this book. Choose three different modes of transportation that were highlighted in the book and explain how each one contributes to the story.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)