|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
2. Where was Carmack's field located?
3. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
4. What did they name the new business?
5. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
2. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
3. How did the Flatch family contribute to the war effort?
4. What was Tom's romantic situation like in the latter part of Chapter 10?
5. What did the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act do?
6. Why did the natives feel betrayed?
7. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
8. How did Tom, Missy, and Tammy feel about the statehood of Alaska?
9. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
10. Why did Ah Ting disappear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alaska is a land rich in natural resource. Define three major resources found in Alaska, and explain how each find impacted the people of Alaska.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Alaska is important to science by highlighting two specific examples of Alaskan elements which are globally significant.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in great detail how the Gold Rush in Alaska affected the world. What were some of the good things it brought about? What were some of the negative things it brought about?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)