Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
2. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
3. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
4. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
5. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
Essay Topic 1
Alaska became a land ripe for business opportunity. Describe three different occupations brought about by discoveries. Explain how the businesses thrived in Alaska, whereas they might have collapsed elsewhere.
Essay Topic 2
The author decided the start the book with the original formation of Alaska. Describe the Alaska's origins, and explain the changes that occurred to it geographically in its first billion years.
Essay Topic 3
Transportation played a big role in the history of this book. Choose three different modes of transportation that were highlighted in the book and explain how each one contributes to the story.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)