|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
2. Where did Kendra and Jeb go with the locals?
3. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
4. What happened to their business?
5. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed is a major theme in this book. Pick three instances in this book where greed affected a large group of people. Explain the repercussions of the acts of greed.
Essay Topic 2
Asia played an important role in this book. Describe its role in the beginning of the book, and explain how the Japan is related to Alaska by the end of the book. Be certain to address Japan's relationship to Alaska during World War II.
Essay Topic 3
Define what it meant to be a native Alaskan. What benefits do the natives have throughout the book? What are some of the negatives the natives had to deal with? Define two instances that demonstrate whether or not they were treated fairly.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)