|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Ice Ages were there?
2. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
3. Where did they decide to build ships?
4. What was happening to the fur trade?
5. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
2. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
3. How did Sitka Island become colonized?
4. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
5. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
6. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
7. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
8. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
9. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
10. How did illness change the course of history for Trofin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the political system in Alaska.
Essay Topic 2
Alaska became a land ripe for business opportunity. Describe three different occupations brought about by discoveries. Explain how the businesses thrived in Alaska, whereas they might have collapsed elsewhere.
Essay Topic 3
Greed is a major theme in this book. Pick three instances in this book where greed affected a large group of people. Explain the repercussions of the acts of greed.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)