|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Russians build a fort?
2. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
3. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
4. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
5. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
2. How did Sitka Island become colonized?
3. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
4. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
5. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
6. How did illness change the course of history for Trofin?
7. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
8. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
9. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
10. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the political system in Alaska.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Alaska's history, other countries found it worthy of investigation. Explain why other countries invested time, people, and money in exploring Alaska.
Essay Topic 3
Alaska is a land rich in natural resource. Define three major resources found in Alaska, and explain how each find impacted the people of Alaska.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)