Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did animals come to Alaska?
2. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
3. Where did the mastadon settle?
4. What was happening to the fur trade?
5. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
2. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
3. How did the Flatch family contribute to the war effort?
4. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
5. Describe what cabotage is.
6. What did World War II do to Alaska's infrastructure?
7. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
8. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
9. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
10. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how each of the following people groups came to live in Alaska: Indians, Eskimos, and Aleuts. Explain which part of Alaska they settled in and address why they stayed there.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Alaska's history, other countries found it worthy of investigation. Explain why other countries invested time, people, and money in exploring Alaska.
Essay Topic 3
Alaska is a land rich in natural resource. Define three major resources found in Alaska, and explain how each find impacted the people of Alaska.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)