|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a boarding house.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In a tent city.
2. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
3. Who came to check out the cannery?
(a) An American government investigation team.
(b) A Canadian government investigation team.
(c) A native investigation team.
(d) Missy Peckham and Matt Murphy.
4. What did Kendra Scott do in Desolation Point?
(a) Flew airplanes.
(d) Delivered mail.
5. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) From their hometowns.
(b) Tom Venn's store.
(c) From the natives.
(d) They made them and hunted for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the arriving Indians do to the totem pole?
2. How did LeRoy Flatch contribute to the war effort?
3. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
4. Why did the warships withdraw?
5. What transportation did Sanquq use?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
2. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
3. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
4. What effect did cabotage have on businesses and individuals?
5. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
6. How did Tom, Missy, and Tammy feel about the statehood of Alaska?
7. What was Tom's romantic situation like in the latter part of Chapter 10?
8. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
9. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
10. What effect did the Great Depression have on Alaska?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)