|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did others think of the Venns?
(a) They were hard workers.
(b) They were lazy.
(c) They were arrogent.
(d) They were friendly but slow.
2. Why did the warships withdraw?
(a) The weather was too cold.
(b) They saw all the soldiers.
(c) They were running low on food and fuel.
(d) They learned about the significant number of planes.
3. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
4. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) From their hometowns.
(b) They made them and hunted for them.
(c) From the natives.
(d) Tom Venn's store.
5. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To catch the person committing sabotage.
(b) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(c) To monitor trading transactions.
(d) To assist Tammy Ting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
2. Where did they set up the new business?
3. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
4. What did Malcolm Ross want Tom to build?
5. What was LeRoy's rank after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ah Ting disappear?
2. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
3. What types of jobs did people have in Chapter 8 thanks to the gold rush?
4. What did World War II do to Alaska's infrastructure?
5. What was the effect of automation on the workers?
6. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
7. How was discrimination shown to the natives?
8. What dilemma did Tom face regarding workers?
9. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
10. What was the problem with the law in Chapter 12?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)