|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
(a) They turned against each other and split.
(b) They became very close friends.
(c) They died.
(d) They became ill.
2. What did they name the new business?
(a) Tom's Totems.
(b) Tom's Cannery.
(c) Ross and Venn.
(d) Totem Cannery.
3. Where was Carmack's field located?
4. Where did Missy work?
(a) In the restaurant.
(b) In the school.
(c) In Tom Venn's store.
(d) In the hospital tent.
5. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) The roads for cars were terrible.
(b) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(c) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(d) In anticipation of increased trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom spend Christmas?
2. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
3. Why did the warships withdraw?
4. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
5. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)