|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
2. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(b) To catch the person committing sabotage.
(c) To monitor trading transactions.
(d) To assist Tammy Ting.
3. Where did they set up the new business?
(a) A few miles from Juneau.
(b) In a cave.
(c) On Taku Inlet.
(d) Next to the store.
4. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(d) Dawson City.
5. Why did Jeb decide to stay in Alaska?
(a) People kept offering him work.
(b) He fell in love with its beauty.
(c) He wanted to stay with his new-found relatives.
(d) He was running away from his old life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worked on the construction of the business?
2. What happened to Arikov's claim?
3. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
4. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
5. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey to the mines.
2. What were some of the dangers the characters in Chapter 8 faced?
3. How did Tom, Missy, and Tammy feel about the statehood of Alaska?
4. What was the effect of automation on the workers?
5. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
6. What did the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act do?
7. Why did the natives feel betrayed?
8. How did the canning industry emerge in Alaska according to Chapter 10?
9. What types of jobs did people have in Chapter 8 thanks to the gold rush?
10. What effect did cabotage have on businesses and individuals?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)