|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the warships withdraw?
(a) They saw all the soldiers.
(b) The weather was too cold.
(c) They learned about the significant number of planes.
(d) They were running low on food and fuel.
2. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
(a) He opened a branch of a general store.
(b) He went panning for gold.
(c) He set off for the mines.
(d) He ran away.
3. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
(a) A memorial.
(b) A box for carrying work materials.
(c) A boat.
(d) A wagon.
4. When was the business operational?
5. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom spend Christmas?
2. How did LeRoy Flatch contribute to the war effort?
3. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
4. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
5. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
2. What was Tom's romantic situation like in the latter part of Chapter 10?
3. What was the effect of automation on the workers?
4. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
5. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
6. Describe the journey to the mines.
7. What effect did cabotage have on businesses and individuals?
8. What did the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act do?
9. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
10. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)