|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) He was swept out into the water.
(b) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
(c) A warden told him he couldn't.
(d) He couldn't find any fish.
2. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To assist Tammy Ting.
(b) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(c) To monitor trading transactions.
(d) To catch the person committing sabotage.
3. What brought more people to Alaska in 1973?
(b) Educational opportunities.
(c) The pipeline project.
(d) Hunting opportunities.
4. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A sled.
(d) A horse.
5. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
2. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
3. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
4. How was Elmer injured?
5. What brought people into the region in 1968?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
2. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
3. Describe the journey to the mines.
4. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
5. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
6. Why did the natives feel betrayed?
7. What did the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act do?
8. What was Tom's romantic situation like in the latter part of Chapter 10?
9. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
10. What effect did cabotage have on businesses and individuals?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)