|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Carmack's field located?
2. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It appeared stagnant.
(b) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
(c) It was slowly collapsing.
(d) It went bankrupt.
3. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
(b) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(c) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
(d) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
4. How did the new equipment work in the factory?
(a) It took some getting used to before it worked effectively.
(b) It worked better than expected.
(c) It caused a lot of trouble.
(d) It didn't work at all.
5. What position did the Tinglits hold business-wise?
(a) They were kept completely away from any business.
(b) They were an integral part of decision making.
(c) They held small jobs such as moving boxes.
(d) They were the chief officers in the business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the arriving Indians do to the totem pole?
2. What did they name the new business?
3. What happened Ben, the father?
4. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
5. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey to the mines.
2. In Chapter 9, what problem did people have with their claims?
3. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
4. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
5. How did LeRoy's investment benefit him?
6. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
7. What did World War II do to Alaska's infrastructure?
8. How was discrimination shown to the natives?
9. Describe what cabotage is.
10. How did the canning industry emerge in Alaska according to Chapter 10?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)