|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was used as food for the population?
2. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
(a) He felt he was sneaky.
(b) He hated him.
(c) He thought he made solid decisions.
(d) He admired the man's work ethic.
3. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(d) More prospectors.
4. What did they name the new business?
(a) Tom's Cannery.
(b) Ross and Venn.
(c) Totem Cannery.
(d) Tom's Totems.
5. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(b) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(c) In anticipation of increased trade.
(d) The roads for cars were terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cabotage?
2. Why did the warships withdraw?
3. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
4. What did the men find in Nome?
5. What did the lobbyist favor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did cabotage have on businesses and individuals?
2. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
3. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
4. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
5. How did Tom, Missy, and Tammy feel about the statehood of Alaska?
6. What was the problem with the law in Chapter 12?
7. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
8. Describe what cabotage is.
9. What dilemma did Tom face regarding workers?
10. What was Tom's romantic situation like in the latter part of Chapter 10?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)