|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
2. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of increased trade.
(b) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(c) The roads for cars were terrible.
(d) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
3. What did the men find in Nome?
4. Where did Kendra and Jeb go with the locals?
(a) On a factory tour.
(c) On a whaling expedition.
(d) To the forest.
5. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A memorial.
(c) A boat.
(d) A box for carrying work materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Judge Grant like?
2. How did the new equipment work in the factory?
3. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
4. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
5. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
2. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
3. Why did the natives feel betrayed?
4. What did World War II do to Alaska's infrastructure?
5. How did the canning industry emerge in Alaska according to Chapter 10?
6. What was the effect of automation on the workers?
7. Why did Ah Ting disappear?
8. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
9. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
10. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)