|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) One was murdered.
(b) They were lazy.
(c) They were threatening to overthrow him.
(d) They talked too much.
2. When was the business operational?
3. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
(a) She disliked him at first sight.
(b) She liked him enough to date him.
(c) She thought he was fine for a friend, but no more than that.
(d) She didn't trust him.
4. Where did Ah Ting go?
(a) To the Philippines
(b) To China
(c) To talk with Bigears.
(d) To California
5. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to check out the cannery?
2. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
3. What did they name the new business?
4. What did Kendra Scott do in Desolation Point?
5. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
2. Describe what cabotage is.
3. What types of jobs did people have in Chapter 8 thanks to the gold rush?
4. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
5. What did World War II do to Alaska's infrastructure?
6. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
7. What effect did the Great Depression have on Alaska?
8. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
9. Why did Ah Ting disappear?
10. What dilemma did Tom face regarding workers?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)