|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
(a) A bigger boat.
(b) A larger business.
(c) Their own airplane.
(d) A road across Canada.
2. How was Elmer injured?
(a) By an attack dog.
(b) In a construction accident.
(c) By a falling crate.
(d) By a Bullet.
3. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Ah Ting.
(b) Tom Venn.
(c) Matt Murphy.
(d) Malcolm Ross.
4. What happened to Ah Ting?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He became ill.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He disappeared.
5. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
2. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
3. When was the business operational?
4. How did Nate Coop contribute to the war effort?
5. Alaska became what state of the union?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey to the mines.
2. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
3. How did the canning industry emerge in Alaska according to Chapter 10?
4. What were some of the dangers the characters in Chapter 8 faced?
5. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
6. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
7. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
8. How was discrimination shown to the natives?
9. Describe what cabotage is.
10. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)