|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Elmer injured?
(a) In a construction accident.
(b) By a falling crate.
(c) By a Bullet.
(d) By an attack dog.
2. Where did Nancy take Tom?
(b) To a play.
(c) To a cave.
(d) To her house.
3. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
(b) Rewarding as they brought in the gold.
(d) Very harsh.
4. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He cared about people.
(b) He was corrupt.
(c) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
(d) He was honest.
5. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To see where his ancestors had been.
(c) To test the safety of the planes.
(d) To check out the factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the warships withdraw?
2. What position did the Tinglits hold business-wise?
3. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
4. What troops did Nate witness landing?
5. Where did Klope go after two years in Alaska?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what problem did people have with their claims?
2. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
3. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
4. Why did Ah Ting disappear?
5. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
6. What was the problem with the law in Chapter 12?
7. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
8. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
9. Why did the natives feel betrayed?
10. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)