|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. What did LeRoy do after the war?
(a) Repaired engines.
(b) Managed a factory.
(d) Became a bush pilot.
3. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It appeared stagnant.
(b) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
(c) It was slowly collapsing.
(d) It went bankrupt.
4. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
(a) She disliked him at first sight.
(b) She thought he was fine for a friend, but no more than that.
(c) She liked him enough to date him.
(d) She didn't trust him.
5. What did they name the new business?
(a) Tom's Cannery.
(b) Ross and Venn.
(c) Totem Cannery.
(d) Tom's Totems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Carmack's field located?
2. What happened to their business?
3. Where did Tom move after Christmas?
4. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
5. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what problem did people have with their claims?
2. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
3. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
4. What dilemma did Tom face regarding workers?
5. How did LeRoy's investment benefit him?
6. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
7. How did the canning industry emerge in Alaska according to Chapter 10?
8. What types of jobs did people have in Chapter 8 thanks to the gold rush?
9. How did Tom, Missy, and Tammy feel about the statehood of Alaska?
10. How was discrimination shown to the natives?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)