|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brought more people to Alaska in 1973?
(b) Hunting opportunities.
(c) The pipeline project.
(d) Educational opportunities.
2. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(c) Dawson City.
3. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In a tent city.
(c) In a boarding house.
(d) In a cabin.
4. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To see where his ancestors had been.
(c) To test the safety of the planes.
(d) To check out the factories.
5. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
(a) Everything was very smooth.
(b) They had language barrier problems.
(c) Aside from a few glitches, everyone respected each other, and there was no trouble.
(d) He experienced management problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Elmer injured?
2. Where did they set up the new business?
3. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
4. Where was Carmack's field located?
5. Where did Missy work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did the Great Depression have on Alaska?
2. How did Tom, Missy, and Tammy feel about the statehood of Alaska?
3. What was the problem with the law in Chapter 12?
4. How did the discovery of oil change the area in Chapter 12?
5. What effect did the gold rush have on Alaska?
6. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
7. Why did the natives feel betrayed?
8. How did Matt Murphy make his living when he arrived in Nome?
9. What was the political system like in Chapter 9?
10. What did the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act do?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)