|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alaska was joined to what land mass during the Ice Age?
2. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) Flat terrain.
(b) A new land bridge.
(c) Mountains and lakes.
3. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(a) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
(c) A structured government.
(d) The provision of rum to the natives.
4. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
5. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
(a) The forest.
(b) The island.
(c) The beach.
(d) The Armada.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
2. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
3. Where was there a protuberance?
4. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
5. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
2. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
3. What was so important about the protuberance in the northwest corner of what was to become North America that the author mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
5. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
6. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
7. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
8. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
9. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
10. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)