|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To assassinate someone .
(b) To hunt.
(c) To build a ship.
(d) To escape from the Tsar.
2. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
3. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(a) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
(b) A structured government.
(d) The provision of rum to the natives.
4. How did animals come to Alaska?
(b) Migration when the continents were connected.
(c) They swam to Alaska.
(d) People imported them.
5. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
(a) Aleksandr Baranov.
(c) Yermak Rudenko.
(d) Marina Zhdanko.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
2. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
3. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
4. When Russian boats returned two years later, they found the settlement was __________.
5. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
2. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
3. What was so important about the protuberance in the northwest corner of what was to become North America that the author mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
5. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
6. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
7. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
8. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
9. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
10. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)