|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
2. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was very lucrative.
(b) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(c) It remained constant.
(d) It was disappearing rapidly.
3. How many days did it take to build their ship?
4. Alaska was joined to what land mass during the Ice Age?
5. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(a) A structured government.
(c) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
(d) The provision of rum to the natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
2. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
3. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
4. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
5. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the natives perceived by the Russians?
2. What was so important about the protuberance in the northwest corner of what was to become North America that the author mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
4. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
5. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
6. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
7. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
8. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
9. How did Sitka Island become colonized?
10. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)