|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) Along the shoreline.
(b) In the harsh north.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In the tundra.
2. Who took the people from the island?
(a) Siberian hunters.
(b) Russian tradesmen.
(c) Russian hunters.
(d) Siberian tradesmen.
3. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Eskimos.
(c) The Tlingit Indians.
(d) Army troops.
4. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
(a) Cats such as lions and tigers.
5. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) A Mountain.
(b) The Mammoth.
(c) A large river.
(d) An alligator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrived to help the Americans?
2. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
3. What did Baranov think about supplying rum and guns to the natives?
4. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
5. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
2. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
3. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
4. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
5. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
6. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
7. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
8. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
9. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
10. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)