|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He was impressed with his honesty.
(b) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(c) He found him to be a very practical man.
(d) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
2. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
(a) Working together.
(b) Sailing together.
(c) Time in prayer.
(d) Polar bear hunting.
3. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(b) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(c) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(d) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
4. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
(a) He was self appointed.
(b) Tsar Peter Romanov.
(c) Trofin Bhdanko.
(d) Catherine the Great.
5. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By hunting for mammoth.
(b) By hunting for whales.
(c) By eating berries.
(d) By planting gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Russian boats returned two years later, they found the settlement was __________.
2. Where did the Russians build a fort?
3. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
4. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
5. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so important about the protuberance in the northwest corner of what was to become North America that the author mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
3. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
4. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
5. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
6. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
7. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
8. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
9. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
10. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)