|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To carry cargo for merchants.
(b) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(c) To emigrate.
(d) To hunt for whales.
2. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) A large river.
(b) An alligator.
(c) The Mammoth.
(d) A Mountain.
3. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) An onion dome church.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) A house.
(d) A boat.
4. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) Mountains and lakes.
(b) A new land bridge.
(d) Flat terrain.
5. Varnak's people became known as _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Varnak originate?
2. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
3. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
4. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
5. How high were summer temperatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
2. How did Chapter 4 highlight some of the cruelty involved in the fur trade business?
3. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
4. How were the natives perceived by the Russians?
5. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
6. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
7. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
8. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
9. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
10. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)