|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) Flat terrain.
(c) Mountains and lakes.
(d) A new land bridge.
2. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
3. What is a peninsula?
(a) An island very close to a large land mass.
(b) A crater near the water.
(c) A pathway through the mountains.
(d) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
4. Baranov showed the Tlingits __________.
(a) An old musket.
(b) A cannon.
(c) How to make a ship.
(d) How to plant a garden.
5. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) Australia and North America.
(b) Asia and Europe.
(c) North America and Asia.
(d) North America and Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Varnak originate?
2. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
3. Who took the people from the island?
4. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
5. What items were traded for pelts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was discrimination shown to the natives?
2. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
3. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
4. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
5. How did illness change the course of history for Trofin?
6. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
7. What were some of the dangers the characters in Chapter 8 faced?
8. How did airplanes in Alaska contribute to the war effort?
9. What was Tom's romantic situation like in the latter part of Chapter 10?
10. Who seemed to have the power in Alaska by the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)