|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Big Ears' new name?
(b) Great One.
2. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
3. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) Australia and North America.
(b) Asia and Europe.
(c) North America and Asia.
(d) North America and Europe.
4. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
(b) Old One.
5. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) The mastodon were bothering them.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) They missed seeing other people.
(d) They lacked food.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
2. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
3. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
4. What was happening to the fur trade?
5. What is a peninsula?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
2. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
3. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
4. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
5. How did Trofin Zhdanko escape his imprisonment?
6. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
7. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
8. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
9. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
10. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)