|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) People imported them.
(b) Migration when the continents were connected.
(d) They swam to Alaska.
2. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(c) Seal Islands.
3. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) In the tundra.
(b) In the harsh north.
(c) Along the shoreline.
(d) In the forest.
4. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was very lucrative.
(b) It remained constant.
(c) It was disappearing rapidly.
(d) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
5. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) She liked to pray.
(b) She was always drawn to Christianity.
(c) To absolve herself of her past.
(d) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
2. What did the Organic Act do?
3. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
4. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
5. Where did Varnak originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the cannery affect the salmon population?
2. How were native Alaskans treated by the United States government?
3. How did the Flatch family contribute to the war effort?
4. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
5. Describe what cabotage is.
6. What did World War II do to Alaska's infrastructure?
7. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
8. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
9. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
10. How did Tom benefit from the miners in Chapter 9?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)