|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) In eastern Alaska.
(b) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
(c) In Siberia.
(d) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
2. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six years.
3. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(b) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(c) It was the same as in the summer.
(d) It disappeared.
4. How many days did it take to build their ship?
5. Varnak's people became known as _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
2. Where did the family go?
3. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
4. What arrived to help the Americans?
5. How did the remaining islanders survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did things change when America took control of Alaska?
2. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
3. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
4. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
5. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
6. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
7. How did illness change the course of history for Trofin?
8. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
9. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
10. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)