|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(b) Between Alaska and Asia.
(c) Between Alaska and Australia.
(d) Between Alaska and Canada.
2. What was Big Ears' new name?
(d) Great One.
3. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(a) Fur trading.
4. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) A new land bridge.
(c) Flat terrain.
(d) Mountains and lakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
2. How did the remaining islanders survive?
3. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
4. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
5. What was happening to the fur trade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
2. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
3. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
4. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
5. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
6. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
7. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
8. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
9. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
10. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)