|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) A boat.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) An onion dome church.
(d) A house.
2. What killed Rudenko?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A volcano eruption.
(d) A knife.
3. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) Asia and Europe.
(b) Australia and North America.
(c) North America and Asia.
(d) North America and Europe.
4. Where did the Russians build a fort?
(a) In the woods.
(b) A few miles from the Tlingits.
(c) Redoubt St. Michael.
(d) Next to the Tlingits.
5. What did the Eskimos hunt?
(b) Whales and other sea animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which natural force did not contribute to the formation of Alaska?
2. Varnak's people became known as _________.
3. How did animals come to Alaska?
4. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
5. What items were traded for pelts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
2. How did Sitka Island become colonized?
3. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
4. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
5. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
6. How did things change when America took control of Alaska?
7. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
8. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
9. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
10. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)