|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
(a) Sailing together.
(b) Time in prayer.
(c) Polar bear hunting.
(d) Working together.
2. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(c) Native Alaskans.
3. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
(b) Yermak Rudenko.
(c) Marina Zhdanko.
(d) Aleksandr Baranov.
4. When Russian boats returned two years later, they found the settlement was __________.
(a) Greatly expanded.
5. Where did the family go?
(a) Out to sea.
(b) Up into the mountains.
(c) Over to the beach area.
(d) Across the bridge to Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
2. What is a peninsula?
3. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
4. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
5. How many Ice Ages were there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
2. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
3. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
4. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
5. How did things change when America took control of Alaska?
6. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
7. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
8. How did Sitka Island become colonized?
9. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
10. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)