|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(b) Fur trading.
2. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
(b) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
(c) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
(d) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
4. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
(d) Meeting place.
5. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
(a) Milk maid.
(c) Preacher's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
2. What did the Eskimos hunt?
3. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
4. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
5. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
2. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
3. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
4. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
5. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
6. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
7. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
8. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
9. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
10. How did things change when America took control of Alaska?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)