|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It was the same as in the summer.
(b) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(c) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(d) It disappeared.
2. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
(a) Only in the winter months.
(b) Only in the summer months.
3. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
(a) Polar bear hunting.
(b) Time in prayer.
(c) Sailing together.
(d) Working together.
4. Where did the family go?
(a) Out to sea.
(b) Over to the beach area.
(c) Across the bridge to Alaska.
(d) Up into the mountains.
5. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A few sparse areas of growth.
(b) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(c) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(d) A hilly terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
2. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
3. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
4. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
5. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
2. What was so important about the protuberance in the northwest corner of what was to become North America that the author mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
4. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
5. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
6. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
7. How did Trofin Zhdanko escape his imprisonment?
8. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
9. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
10. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)