|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To hunt for whales.
(b) To emigrate.
(c) To carry cargo for merchants.
(d) To find out if there was a land bridge.
2. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
(a) Time in prayer.
(b) Polar bear hunting.
(c) Sailing together.
(d) Working together.
3. What was the mastodon?
(a) A tall ship.
(b) A type of hill.
(c) An animal similar to an elephant.
(d) A reptile.
4. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
5. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(b) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(c) A few sparse areas of growth.
(d) A hilly terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
2. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
3. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
4. Who took the people from the island?
5. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Baranov's character like in Chapter 6?
2. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
3. How did things change when America took control of Alaska?
4. How did Chapter 4 highlight some of the cruelty involved in the fur trade business?
5. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
6. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
7. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
8. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
9. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
10. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)