|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(b) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(c) He was impressed with his honesty.
(d) He found him to be a very practical man.
2. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) A large river.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A Mountain.
(d) The Mammoth.
3. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
(a) The forest.
(b) The island.
(c) The beach.
(d) The Armada.
4. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
5. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
2. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
3. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
4. What did the Organic Act do?
5. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
2. How did things change when America took control of Alaska?
3. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
4. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
5. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
6. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
7. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
8. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
9. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
10. How did Trofin Zhdanko escape his imprisonment?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)