|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(a) The provision of rum to the natives.
(b) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
(d) A structured government.
2. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the harsh north.
(c) In the tundra.
(d) Along the shoreline.
3. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
4. Varnak's people became known as _________.
5. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To escape from the Tsar.
(b) To build a ship.
(c) To assassinate someone .
(d) To hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items were traded for pelts?
2. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
3. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
4. What did Baranov think about supplying rum and guns to the natives?
5. How many Ice Ages were there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
2. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
3. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
4. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
5. How did illness change the course of history for Trofin?
6. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
7. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
8. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
9. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
10. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)