|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By eating berries.
(b) By planting gardens.
(c) By hunting for whales.
(d) By hunting for mammoth.
2. What formed over time?
(a) Ice and snow.
(b) More islands.
(d) More land bridges.
3. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
(c) Preacher's wife.
(d) Milk maid.
4. Where did they decide to build ships?
5. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
2. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
3. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
4. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
5. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
2. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
3. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
4. How did Chapter 4 highlight some of the cruelty involved in the fur trade business?
5. How were the natives perceived by the Russians?
6. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
7. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
8. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
9. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
10. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)