|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the family go?
(a) Out to sea.
(b) Over to the beach area.
(c) Across the bridge to Alaska.
(d) Up into the mountains.
2. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
(b) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
(c) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
(d) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
3. What arrived to help the Americans?
(a) A warship.
(b) More food.
(c) A group of soldiers .
4. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(a) Fur trading.
5. What formed over time?
(a) More islands.
(b) Ice and snow.
(c) More land bridges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sun do in the winter?
2. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
3. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
4. What was the mastodon?
5. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
2. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
3. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
4. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
5. What was the significance of the fur pelts in Chapter 4?
6. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
7. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
8. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
9. How did Voronov change in Chapter 5?
10. How did things change when America took control of Alaska?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)