|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
2. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(c) Native Alaskans.
3. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
4. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They fought.
(b) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They stole the food.
5. What killed Rudenko?
(a) A knife.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A volcano eruption.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
2. Alaska was joined to what land mass during the Ice Age?
3. What is a peninsula?
4. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
5. Where did the Russians build a fort?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
2. How did the Indians react to the invasion of Russians?
3. What did the Organic Act mean for those living in Alaska?
4. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
5. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
6. How did the rum trading affect the Tlingits?
7. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
8. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
9. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
10. What was Cidaq's motivation in Chapter 5, and how did she use it?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)