|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The protuberance would eventually become __________.
2. Where did Varnak originate?
3. When Russian boats returned two years later, they found the settlement was __________.
(b) Greatly expanded.
4. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
5. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(a) Fur trading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
2. Why did Varnak's family move?
3. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
4. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
5. Where did the Eskimos originate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
2. How was Cidaq treated in Chapter 5?
3. How did Trofin Zhdanko escape his imprisonment?
4. How were the natives perceived by the Russians?
5. What did the Tlingits want in Chapter 7?
6. What was Old One's character like in Chapter 5?
7. How did illness change the course of history for Trofin?
8. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
9. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
10. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)