|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
3. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
(a) She thought he was fine for a friend, but no more than that.
(b) She liked him enough to date him.
(c) She didn't trust him.
(d) She disliked him at first sight.
4. What brought people into the region in 1968?
(a) Gold discoveries.
(b) An oil discovery.
(d) Education opportunities.
5. Who worked on the construction of the business?
(a) Russian workers.
(b) Chinese workers from San Francisco.
(c) Bigears and his Indian friends.
(d) Chinese workers from the Orient.
6. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) From their hometowns.
(b) They made them and hunted for them.
(c) From the natives.
(d) Tom Venn's store.
7. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(b) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
(c) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
(d) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
8. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) He was swept out into the water.
(b) A warden told him he couldn't.
(c) He couldn't find any fish.
(d) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
9. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(d) More prospectors.
10. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(a) Dawson City.
11. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A memorial.
(c) A box for carrying work materials.
(d) A boat.
12. What position did the Tinglits hold business-wise?
(a) They held small jobs such as moving boxes.
(b) They were an integral part of decision making.
(c) They were the chief officers in the business.
(d) They were kept completely away from any business.
13. How did Nate Coop contribute to the war effort?
(a) Building highways.
(c) Foot soldier.
14. When was the business operational?
15. Why did the warships withdraw?
(a) The weather was too cold.
(b) They were running low on food and fuel.
(c) They saw all the soldiers.
(d) They learned about the significant number of planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Klope go after two years in Alaska?
2. What did others think of the Venns?
3. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
4. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
5. Alaska became what state of the union?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)