|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(b) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(c) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
(d) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
2. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
(a) He thought he made solid decisions.
(b) He hated him.
(c) He admired the man's work ethic.
(d) He felt he was sneaky.
3. What troops did Nate witness landing?
4. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He was corrupt.
(b) He cared about people.
(c) He was honest.
(d) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
5. What did others think of the Venns?
(a) They were lazy.
(b) They were arrogent.
(c) They were friendly but slow.
(d) They were hard workers.
6. What was shocking to Kendra?
(a) The people.
(b) The prices.
(c) The lack of resources.
(d) The manners of children.
7. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
8. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
(a) They opened a boarding house.
(b) They opened a tent restaurant.
(c) They hunted for gold.
(d) They sold furs.
9. What did they name the new business?
(a) Totem Cannery.
(b) Tom's Totems.
(c) Ross and Venn.
(d) Tom's Cannery.
10. Where did Tom move after Christmas?
(d) Pleiades Glacier
11. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
(a) A ship.
(b) A store.
(d) An old Cessna airplane.
12. What brought more people to Alaska in 1973?
(a) Educational opportunities.
(b) Hunting opportunities.
(c) The pipeline project.
13. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
(a) He was visiting a friend.
(b) He was looking for relatives.
(c) He was checking out factories.
(d) He was on a hunting trip.
14. What was used as food for the population?
15. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
2. Where did Tom spend Christmas?
3. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
4. What did the lobbyist favor?
5. Where did Ah Ting go?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)