|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
(a) He felt he was sneaky.
(b) He thought he made solid decisions.
(c) He hated him.
(d) He admired the man's work ethic.
2. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
(a) They became ill.
(b) They became very close friends.
(c) They died.
(d) They turned against each other and split.
3. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
4. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
5. What was LeRoy's rank after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
(a) First Lieutenant.
(c) Lieutenant Corporal.
(d) Second Lieutenant.
6. How did the new equipment work in the factory?
(a) It took some getting used to before it worked effectively.
(b) It caused a lot of trouble.
(c) It didn't work at all.
(d) It worked better than expected.
7. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) Fewer products for trade.
(b) Lower shipping costs for users.
(c) More products for trade.
(d) Higher shipping costs for users.
8. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To monitor trading transactions.
(b) To assist Tammy Ting.
(c) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(d) To catch the person committing sabotage.
9. What was shocking to Kendra?
(a) The people.
(b) The prices.
(c) The lack of resources.
(d) The manners of children.
10. Where was Carmack's field located?
11. What happened to Arikov's claim?
(a) It was too difficult to work.
(b) He struck the motherload.
(c) He lost it.
(d) It was dry.
12. What did LeRoy do after the war?
(a) Became a bush pilot.
(b) Managed a factory.
(d) Repaired engines.
13. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
(b) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(c) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
(d) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
14. Who worked on the construction of the business?
(a) Bigears and his Indian friends.
(b) Russian workers.
(c) Chinese workers from San Francisco.
(d) Chinese workers from the Orient.
15. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
(a) He went panning for gold.
(b) He set off for the mines.
(c) He opened a branch of a general store.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
2. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
3. Whom did Nancy marry?
4. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
5. What was the investigation team studying?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)