|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) Tom Venn's store.
(b) They made them and hunted for them.
(c) From their hometowns.
(d) From the natives.
2. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a boarding house.
(b) In a tent city.
(c) In a cabin.
(d) In a castle.
3. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
(b) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
(c) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(d) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
4. Who came to check out the cannery?
(a) Missy Peckham and Matt Murphy.
(b) A native investigation team.
(c) A Canadian government investigation team.
(d) An American government investigation team.
5. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
6. What brought people into the region in 1968?
(a) Education opportunities.
(b) Gold discoveries.
(c) An oil discovery.
7. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
(a) An old Cessna airplane.
(b) A ship.
(c) A store.
8. What did they name the new business?
(a) Tom's Totems.
(b) Ross and Venn.
(c) Totem Cannery.
(d) Tom's Cannery.
9. What troops did Nate witness landing?
10. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(a) More prospectors.
11. Where did Kendra and Jeb go with the locals?
(b) On a factory tour.
(c) To the forest.
(d) On a whaling expedition.
12. Where was Carmack's field located?
13. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
(a) A horse.
(b) A plane.
(c) A boat.
(d) A car.
14. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He was killed in a mining accident.
(b) He died from cholera.
(c) He became a successful business man.
(d) He was killed in a sledding accident.
15. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did the Tinglits hold business-wise?
2. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
3. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
4. Where did Klope go after two years in Alaska?
5. What was used as food for the population?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)