|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troops did Nate witness landing?
2. What did Malcolm Ross want Tom to build?
(a) A factory.
(b) A boat.
(c) A salmon cannery.
(d) A wagon.
3. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
(a) A road across Canada.
(b) Their own airplane.
(c) A larger business.
(d) A bigger boat.
4. What happened to Arikov's claim?
(a) It was too difficult to work.
(b) He lost it.
(c) He struck the motherload.
(d) It was dry.
5. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To test the safety of the planes.
(c) To see where his ancestors had been.
(d) To check out the factories.
6. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a boarding house.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a tent city.
(d) In a cabin.
7. What was used as food for the population?
8. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
9. What happened to their business?
(a) It was destroyed in a fire.
(b) No-one wanted to work with them.
(c) It was very successful.
(d) They ran out of supplies.
10. How did Nate Coop contribute to the war effort?
(b) Building highways.
(d) Foot soldier.
11. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) They talked too much.
(b) They were threatening to overthrow him.
(c) One was murdered.
(d) They were lazy.
12. Where was Carmack's field located?
13. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) They made them and hunted for them.
(b) Tom Venn's store.
(c) From the natives.
(d) From their hometowns.
14. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
(a) He experienced management problems.
(b) Everything was very smooth.
(c) They had language barrier problems.
(d) Aside from a few glitches, everyone respected each other, and there was no trouble.
15. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A horse.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A sled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cabotage?
2. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
3. Why did the warships withdraw?
4. When was the business operational?
5. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)