|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alaska became what state of the union?
2. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of increased trade.
(b) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(c) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(d) The roads for cars were terrible.
3. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) They talked too much.
(b) One was murdered.
(c) They were threatening to overthrow him.
(d) They were lazy.
4. What troops did Nate witness landing?
5. What did the men find in Nome?
6. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Matt Murphy.
(b) Tom Venn.
(c) Malcolm Ross.
(d) Ah Ting.
7. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
8. What was LeRoy's rank after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
(a) First Lieutenant.
(b) Lieutenant Corporal.
(d) Second Lieutenant.
9. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
(a) They had language barrier problems.
(b) Everything was very smooth.
(c) He experienced management problems.
(d) Aside from a few glitches, everyone respected each other, and there was no trouble.
10. When was the business operational?
11. How did Nate Coop contribute to the war effort?
(a) Building highways.
(c) Foot soldier.
12. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
(a) Set up provisions regarding sales and taxes.
(b) Set up twelve regional corporations with the shares owned by natives.
(c) Set up a corporation for individuals with more wealth than the others.
(d) Set up a thirteenth corporation was for Alaskans living outside the state.
13. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
(a) A car.
(b) A plane.
(c) A horse.
(d) A boat.
14. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A sled.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
15. What did others think of the Venns?
(a) They were friendly but slow.
(b) They were lazy.
(c) They were hard workers.
(d) They were arrogent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the warships withdraw?
2. What did they name the new business?
3. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
4. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
5. What happened to Ah Ting?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)