|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tom spend Christmas?
(a) Pleiades Glacier.
2. Where was Carmack's field located?
3. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
4. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
(a) He hated him.
(b) He felt he was sneaky.
(c) He admired the man's work ethic.
(d) He thought he made solid decisions.
5. What did the men find in Nome?
6. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He became a successful business man.
(b) He died from cholera.
(c) He was killed in a mining accident.
(d) He was killed in a sledding accident.
7. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) A warden told him he couldn't.
(b) He couldn't find any fish.
(c) He was swept out into the water.
(d) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
8. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
(b) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
(c) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(d) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
9. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
(a) A horse.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
10. Where did Missy work?
(a) In the restaurant.
(b) In the school.
(c) In Tom Venn's store.
(d) In the hospital tent.
11. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) They talked too much.
(b) One was murdered.
(c) They were lazy.
(d) They were threatening to overthrow him.
12. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
13. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(c) More prospectors.
14. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) Lower shipping costs for users.
(b) More products for trade.
(c) Higher shipping costs for users.
(d) Fewer products for trade.
15. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jeb decide to stay in Alaska?
2. What was Judge Grant like?
3. Where did Kendra and Jeb go with the locals?
4. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
5. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)