|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Nate Coop contribute to the war effort?
(b) Foot soldier.
(d) Building highways.
2. Where did Missy work?
(a) In the school.
(b) In Tom Venn's store.
(c) In the hospital tent.
(d) In the restaurant.
3. What happened to their business?
(a) It was destroyed in a fire.
(b) It was very successful.
(c) They ran out of supplies.
(d) No-one wanted to work with them.
4. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(a) Dawson City.
5. What was shocking to Kendra?
(a) The manners of children.
(b) The prices.
(c) The people.
(d) The lack of resources.
6. What did the men find in Nome?
7. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
8. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
(a) Set up provisions regarding sales and taxes.
(b) Set up a corporation for individuals with more wealth than the others.
(c) Set up a thirteenth corporation was for Alaskans living outside the state.
(d) Set up twelve regional corporations with the shares owned by natives.
9. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
(a) It sank in a storm.
(b) It was crushed by a tidal wave.
(c) It was gunned down.
(d) It brought more business.
10. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(a) Foot soldier.
(c) Building highways.
11. When was the business operational?
12. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) A warden told him he couldn't.
(b) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
(c) He couldn't find any fish.
(d) He was swept out into the water.
13. How did LeRoy Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(c) Building highways.
(d) Foot soldier.
14. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) They talked too much.
(b) They were threatening to overthrow him.
(c) One was murdered.
(d) They were lazy.
15. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Ah Ting.
(b) Malcolm Ross.
(c) Matt Murphy.
(d) Tom Venn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
3. Where did Nancy take Tom?
4. Where was Carmack's field located?
5. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)