|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm Ross want Tom to build?
(a) A factory.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A salmon cannery.
(d) A boat.
2. What was shocking to Kendra?
(a) The manners of children.
(b) The people.
(c) The prices.
(d) The lack of resources.
3. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He was corrupt.
(b) He was honest.
(c) He cared about people.
(d) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
4. What brought more people to Alaska in 1973?
(a) The pipeline project.
(b) Hunting opportunities.
(d) Educational opportunities.
5. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A sled.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
6. What did the arriving Indians do to the totem pole?
(a) Worshipped it.
(b) Carved it.
(c) Destroyed it.
(d) Painted it.
7. Alaska became what state of the union?
8. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He died from cholera.
(b) He became a successful business man.
(c) He was killed in a mining accident.
(d) He was killed in a sledding accident.
9. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(d) Dawson City.
10. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
(b) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(c) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
(d) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
11. What did the lobbyist favor?
(a) Deferment to the senior managers.
(b) Pro-American legislation.
(c) International rulings.
(d) Native legislation.
12. How did Nate Coop contribute to the war effort?
(b) Foot soldier.
(d) Building highways.
13. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
(b) Work ethic.
14. What did others think of the Venns?
(a) They were arrogent.
(b) They were hard workers.
(c) They were lazy.
(d) They were friendly but slow.
15. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) They made them and hunted for them.
(b) From their hometowns.
(c) From the natives.
(d) Tom Venn's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brought people into the region in 1968?
2. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
3. What did the men find in Nome?
4. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
5. Where did Tom move after Christmas?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)