|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Malcolm Ross want Tom to build?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A salmon cannery.
(c) A factory.
(d) A boat.
2. How did the new equipment work in the factory?
(a) It took some getting used to before it worked effectively.
(b) It caused a lot of trouble.
(c) It worked better than expected.
(d) It didn't work at all.
3. What was the investigation team studying?
(a) The relationships between workers and management.
(b) The effects of the cannery and pollution
(c) The functionality of the new equipment.
(d) The effects of the cannery on the salmon population in other places.
4. What brought people into the region in 1968?
(b) Education opportunities.
(c) An oil discovery.
(d) Gold discoveries.
5. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
(a) A plane.
(b) A horse.
(c) A boat.
(d) A car.
6. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He was corrupt.
(b) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
(c) He was honest.
(d) He cared about people.
7. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
(a) To check out the factories.
(b) To test the safety of the planes.
(c) To see where his ancestors had been.
(d) To visit friends.
8. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He died from cholera.
(b) He was killed in a mining accident.
(c) He was killed in a sledding accident.
(d) He became a successful business man.
9. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
10. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Tom Venn.
(b) Matt Murphy.
(c) Malcolm Ross.
(d) Ah Ting.
11. Where did they set up the new business?
(a) On Taku Inlet.
(b) A few miles from Juneau.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Next to the store.
12. Where was Carmack's field located?
13. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(a) Building highways.
(b) Foot soldier.
14. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
(a) The patients received excellent care.
(b) The men were robbed.
(c) Patients became more ill, not better.
(d) Political debates.
15. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It was slowly collapsing.
(b) It went bankrupt.
(c) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
(d) It appeared stagnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did miners get supplies?
2. What was LeRoy's rank after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
3. When was the business operational?
4. What was used as food for the population?
5. Where did Nancy take Tom?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)