|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
(a) A road across Canada.
(b) A bigger boat.
(c) A larger business.
(d) Their own airplane.
2. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
3. Who worked on the construction of the business?
(a) Russian workers.
(b) Chinese workers from San Francisco.
(c) Chinese workers from the Orient.
(d) Bigears and his Indian friends.
4. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
5. When was the business operational?
6. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) A government program during the Great Depression.
(b) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(c) The thrill of seeking gold.
(d) The opening of a school.
7. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(b) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(c) In anticipation of increased trade.
(d) The roads for cars were terrible.
8. What happened to Arikov's claim?
(a) He struck the motherload.
(b) It was too difficult to work.
(c) He lost it.
(d) It was dry.
9. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He became a successful business man.
(b) He died from cholera.
(c) He was killed in a mining accident.
(d) He was killed in a sledding accident.
10. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He went panning for gold.
(c) He opened a branch of a general store.
(d) He set off for the mines.
11. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) More products for trade.
(b) Higher shipping costs for users.
(c) Fewer products for trade.
(d) Lower shipping costs for users.
12. What happened to Ah Ting?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He became ill.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He was fired.
13. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
(a) It was crushed by a tidal wave.
(b) It was gunned down.
(c) It brought more business.
(d) It sank in a storm.
14. Where did Tom move after Christmas?
(a) Pleiades Glacier
15. How was Elmer injured?
(a) By an attack dog.
(b) By a falling crate.
(c) In a construction accident.
(d) By a Bullet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
2. What was Judge Grant like?
3. Why did the warships withdraw?
4. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
5. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)