|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
2. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
3. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The opening of a school.
(b) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(c) A government program during the Great Depression.
(d) The thrill of seeking gold.
4. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
(b) He was honest.
(c) He cared about people.
(d) He was corrupt.
5. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He went panning for gold.
(c) He opened a branch of a general store.
(d) He set off for the mines.
6. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
(a) He was checking out factories.
(b) He was visiting a friend.
(c) He was on a hunting trip.
(d) He was looking for relatives.
7. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He was killed in a sledding accident.
(b) He died from cholera.
(c) He became a successful business man.
(d) He was killed in a mining accident.
8. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
(a) He felt he was sneaky.
(b) He hated him.
(c) He thought he made solid decisions.
(d) He admired the man's work ethic.
9. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(a) More prospectors.
10. What was used as food for the population?
11. Where did Kendra and Jeb go with the locals?
(a) On a whaling expedition.
(b) To the forest.
(c) On a factory tour.
12. What did Kendra Scott do in Desolation Point?
(b) Delivered mail.
(d) Flew airplanes.
13. When did the United States government begin to pay attention to the rights of native Alaskans?
14. How did the new equipment work in the factory?
(a) It took some getting used to before it worked effectively.
(b) It didn't work at all.
(c) It caused a lot of trouble.
(d) It worked better than expected.
15. What troops did Nate witness landing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
2. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
3. When was the business operational?
4. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
5. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)