|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
2. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
3. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
4. When did the United States government begin to pay attention to the rights of native Alaskans?
5. Why did Jeb decide to stay in Alaska?
(a) People kept offering him work.
(b) He wanted to stay with his new-found relatives.
(c) He was running away from his old life.
(d) He fell in love with its beauty.
6. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
(a) Patients became more ill, not better.
(b) Political debates.
(c) The men were robbed.
(d) The patients received excellent care.
7. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To test the safety of the planes.
(c) To see where his ancestors had been.
(d) To check out the factories.
8. Where did Klope go after two years in Alaska?
9. What brought people into the region in 1968?
(a) Education opportunities.
(c) Gold discoveries.
(d) An oil discovery.
10. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) Fewer products for trade.
(b) Higher shipping costs for users.
(c) More products for trade.
(d) Lower shipping costs for users.
11. Where did Ah Ting go?
(a) To the Philippines
(b) To talk with Bigears.
(c) To China
(d) To California
12. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(b) To catch the person committing sabotage.
(c) To assist Tammy Ting.
(d) To monitor trading transactions.
13. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
(a) A boat.
(b) A plane.
(c) A horse.
(d) A car.
14. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The thrill of seeking gold.
(b) The opening of a school.
(c) A government program during the Great Depression.
(d) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
15. Where did they set up the new business?
(a) On Taku Inlet.
(b) In a cave.
(c) A few miles from Juneau.
(d) Next to the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Venns helped rescue survivors of _________.
2. What transportation did Sanquq use?
3. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
4. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
5. What was shocking to Kendra?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)