|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kendra and Jeb go with the locals?
(a) To the forest.
(c) On a factory tour.
(d) On a whaling expedition.
2. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
(b) It was slowly collapsing.
(c) It appeared stagnant.
(d) It went bankrupt.
3. Where did Nancy take Tom?
(b) To a cave.
(c) To a play.
(d) To her house.
4. What was used as food for the population?
5. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
6. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
(b) Work ethic.
7. Why did Oliver Rowntree go on Ross and Raglan ships?
(a) To help load and unload.
(b) The monitor trading transactions.
(c) To navigate them.
(d) To sabotage them.
8. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A sled.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A horse.
9. What did the arriving Indians do to the totem pole?
(a) Carved it.
(b) Destroyed it.
(c) Worshipped it.
(d) Painted it.
10. Who came to check out the cannery?
(a) A Canadian government investigation team.
(b) Missy Peckham and Matt Murphy.
(c) An American government investigation team.
(d) A native investigation team.
11. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(b) The thrill of seeking gold.
(c) A government program during the Great Depression.
(d) The opening of a school.
12. What troops did Nate witness landing?
13. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
14. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
(a) It sank in a storm.
(b) It was crushed by a tidal wave.
(c) It brought more business.
(d) It was gunned down.
15. Alaska became what state of the union?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm Ross want Tom to build?
2. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
3. Where was Carmack's field located?
4. When did the United States government begin to pay attention to the rights of native Alaskans?
5. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)