|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To monitor trading transactions.
(b) To assist Tammy Ting.
(c) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(d) To catch the person committing sabotage.
2. The Venns helped rescue survivors of _________.
(b) A massive snowstorm.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A tidal wave.
3. Where did they set up the new business?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Next to the store.
(c) On Taku Inlet.
(d) A few miles from Juneau.
4. What did the men find in Nome?
5. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) Lower shipping costs for users.
(b) Higher shipping costs for users.
(c) Fewer products for trade.
(d) More products for trade.
6. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
(a) A larger business.
(b) A bigger boat.
(c) A road across Canada.
(d) Their own airplane.
7. What did Kendra Scott do in Desolation Point?
(b) Flew airplanes.
(c) Delivered mail.
8. How did LeRoy Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(b) Building highways.
(d) Foot soldier.
9. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Malcolm Ross.
(b) Tom Venn.
(c) Matt Murphy.
(d) Ah Ting.
10. When did the United States government begin to pay attention to the rights of native Alaskans?
11. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A horse.
(d) A sled.
12. Alaska became what state of the union?
13. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
(a) It was crushed by a tidal wave.
(b) It brought more business.
(c) It sank in a storm.
(d) It was gunned down.
14. What brought people into the region in 1968?
(a) Gold discoveries.
(b) An oil discovery.
(d) Education opportunities.
15. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
(a) Political debates.
(b) Patients became more ill, not better.
(c) The men were robbed.
(d) The patients received excellent care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Elmer injured?
2. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
3. Where was Carmack's field located?
4. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
5. What did they name the new business?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)