|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
2. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(b) A government program during the Great Depression.
(c) The opening of a school.
(d) The thrill of seeking gold.
3. What was LeRoy's rank after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
(a) Second Lieutenant.
(c) First Lieutenant.
(d) Lieutenant Corporal.
4. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
5. Where did Missy work?
(a) In the restaurant.
(b) In the school.
(c) In the hospital tent.
(d) In Tom Venn's store.
6. What did they name the new business?
(a) Tom's Cannery.
(b) Tom's Totems.
(c) Ross and Venn.
(d) Totem Cannery.
7. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
(a) Set up twelve regional corporations with the shares owned by natives.
(b) Set up provisions regarding sales and taxes.
(c) Set up a thirteenth corporation was for Alaskans living outside the state.
(d) Set up a corporation for individuals with more wealth than the others.
8. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(a) Foot soldier.
(b) Building highways.
9. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Ah Ting.
(b) Tom Venn.
(c) Matt Murphy.
(d) Malcolm Ross.
10. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A sled.
(d) A donkey.
11. When was the business operational?
12. How was Elmer injured?
(a) In a construction accident.
(b) By an attack dog.
(c) By a falling crate.
(d) By a Bullet.
13. What was used as food for the population?
14. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He was honest.
(b) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
(c) He was corrupt.
(d) He cared about people.
15. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(d) More prospectors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the United States government begin to pay attention to the rights of native Alaskans?
2. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
3. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
4. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
5. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)