|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
(b) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(c) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
(d) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
2. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(b) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
(c) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(d) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
3. What did they name the new business?
(a) Tom's Totems.
(b) Ross and Venn.
(c) Totem Cannery.
(d) Tom's Cannery.
4. What did others think of the Venns?
(a) They were lazy.
(b) They were hard workers.
(c) They were arrogent.
(d) They were friendly but slow.
5. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
6. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A horse.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A sled.
7. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) Tom Venn's store.
(b) From the natives.
(c) They made them and hunted for them.
(d) From their hometowns.
8. Where did Missy work?
(a) In the hospital tent.
(b) In the school.
(c) In Tom Venn's store.
(d) In the restaurant.
9. What did the lobbyist favor?
(a) Deferment to the senior managers.
(b) Pro-American legislation.
(c) Native legislation.
(d) International rulings.
10. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The thrill of seeking gold.
(b) The opening of a school.
(c) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(d) A government program during the Great Depression.
11. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a boarding house.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In a tent city.
(d) In a castle.
12. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
13. What brought people into the region in 1968?
(a) Gold discoveries.
(b) An oil discovery.
(c) Education opportunities.
14. Who worked on the construction of the business?
(a) Chinese workers from San Francisco.
(b) Chinese workers from the Orient.
(c) Russian workers.
(d) Bigears and his Indian friends.
15. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
(a) They became ill.
(b) They turned against each other and split.
(c) They became very close friends.
(d) They died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to their business?
2. What was LeRoy's rank after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
3. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
4. What happened to Arikov's claim?
5. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)