|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the business operational?
2. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
(a) Aside from a few glitches, everyone respected each other, and there was no trouble.
(b) Everything was very smooth.
(c) He experienced management problems.
(d) They had language barrier problems.
3. What happened to their business?
(a) No-one wanted to work with them.
(b) It was destroyed in a fire.
(c) They ran out of supplies.
(d) It was very successful.
4. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) They were lazy.
(b) One was murdered.
(c) They talked too much.
(d) They were threatening to overthrow him.
5. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
6. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
(a) He was checking out factories.
(b) He was visiting a friend.
(c) He was looking for relatives.
(d) He was on a hunting trip.
7. What did Matt Murphy bring to Fort Yukon?
8. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
9. Where did miners get supplies?
(a) From the natives.
(b) They made them and hunted for them.
(c) Tom Venn's store.
(d) From their hometowns.
10. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Malcolm Ross.
(b) Tom Venn.
(c) Matt Murphy.
(d) Ah Ting.
11. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(b) Dawson City.
12. Who came to check out the cannery?
(a) A Canadian government investigation team.
(b) A native investigation team.
(c) Missy Peckham and Matt Murphy.
(d) An American government investigation team.
13. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(b) In anticipation of increased trade.
(c) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(d) The roads for cars were terrible.
14. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
(a) It brought more business.
(b) It was crushed by a tidal wave.
(c) It was gunned down.
(d) It sank in a storm.
15. The Venns helped rescue survivors of _________.
(a) A tidal wave.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A massive snowstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cabotage?
2. What did the lobbyist favor?
3. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
4. Where did Nancy take Tom?
5. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)