|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did others think of the Venns?
(a) They were lazy.
(b) They were friendly but slow.
(c) They were hard workers.
(d) They were arrogent.
2. What was the investigation team studying?
(a) The effects of the cannery and pollution
(b) The relationships between workers and management.
(c) The effects of the cannery on the salmon population in other places.
(d) The functionality of the new equipment.
3. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
(a) A road across Canada.
(b) Their own airplane.
(c) A larger business.
(d) A bigger boat.
4. What did the men find in Nome?
5. When was the business operational?
6. The Venns helped rescue survivors of _________.
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A massive snowstorm.
(d) An avalanche.
7. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) Fewer products for trade.
(b) Lower shipping costs for users.
(c) Higher shipping costs for users.
(d) More products for trade.
8. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A sled.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
9. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) They talked too much.
(b) One was murdered.
(c) They were threatening to overthrow him.
(d) They were lazy.
10. Where did Klope go after two years in Alaska?
11. What happened to Ah Ting?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He became ill.
(d) He was fired.
12. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
13. What happened to Arikov's claim?
(a) He lost it.
(b) It was dry.
(c) He struck the motherload.
(d) It was too difficult to work.
14. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
15. What did Kendra Scott do in Desolation Point?
(b) Flew airplanes.
(d) Delivered mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
2. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
3. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
4. What was Judge Grant like?
5. Where was Carmack's field located?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)