|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tom spend Christmas?
(d) Pleiades Glacier.
2. What happened to their business?
(a) They ran out of supplies.
(b) No-one wanted to work with them.
(c) It was very successful.
(d) It was destroyed in a fire.
3. What position did the Tinglits hold business-wise?
(a) They were an integral part of decision making.
(b) They were the chief officers in the business.
(c) They were kept completely away from any business.
(d) They held small jobs such as moving boxes.
4. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a tent city.
(c) In a boarding house.
(d) In a castle.
5. Where did Ah Ting go?
(a) To China
(b) To the Philippines
(c) To talk with Bigears.
(d) To California
6. What was used as food for the population?
7. What did Malcolm Ross want Tom to build?
(a) A salmon cannery.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A factory.
(d) A boat.
8. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
(b) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
(c) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(d) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
9. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
10. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
11. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
12. What was the investigation team studying?
(a) The relationships between workers and management.
(b) The effects of the cannery and pollution
(c) The functionality of the new equipment.
(d) The effects of the cannery on the salmon population in other places.
13. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
(b) A warden told him he couldn't.
(c) He couldn't find any fish.
(d) He was swept out into the water.
14. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A sled.
(d) A horse.
15. Where did Missy work?
(a) In the school.
(b) In Tom Venn's store.
(c) In the restaurant.
(d) In the hospital tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jeb decide to stay in Alaska?
2. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
3. Who came to check out the cannery?
4. What troops did Nate witness landing?
5. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)