|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jeb decide to stay in Alaska?
(a) He wanted to stay with his new-found relatives.
(b) He fell in love with its beauty.
(c) He was running away from his old life.
(d) People kept offering him work.
2. What happened to Arikov's claim?
(a) It was too difficult to work.
(b) It was dry.
(c) He lost it.
(d) He struck the motherload.
3. What did the lobbyist favor?
(a) International rulings.
(b) Native legislation.
(c) Pro-American legislation.
(d) Deferment to the senior managers.
4. What did Jeb and Poley Markham find in the water that Jeb wanted to keep?
5. Who worked on the construction of the business?
(a) Russian workers.
(b) Bigears and his Indian friends.
(c) Chinese workers from the Orient.
(d) Chinese workers from San Francisco.
6. What troops did Nate witness landing?
7. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(a) Dawson City.
8. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He cared about people.
(b) He was corrupt.
(c) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
(d) He was honest.
9. Why did Jeb Keeler go to Baflin Island?
(a) He was visiting a friend.
(b) He was looking for relatives.
(c) He was on a hunting trip.
(d) He was checking out factories.
10. What did Malcolm Ross want Tom to build?
(a) A factory.
(b) A salmon cannery.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A boat.
11. What happened to their business?
(a) They ran out of supplies.
(b) It was very successful.
(c) It was destroyed in a fire.
(d) No-one wanted to work with them.
12. What brought more people to Alaska in 1973?
(a) Hunting opportunities.
(c) The pipeline project.
(d) Educational opportunities.
13. What did Kendra Scott do in Desolation Point?
(a) Delivered mail.
(b) Flew airplanes.
14. How did Nate Coop contribute to the war effort?
(c) Building highways.
(d) Foot soldier.
15. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(d) More prospectors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. Why did Oliver Rowntree go on Ross and Raglan ships?
3. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
4. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
5. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)