|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He was corrupt.
(b) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
(c) He cared about people.
(d) He was honest.
2. Why did Oliver Rowntree go on Ross and Raglan ships?
(a) To help load and unload.
(b) The monitor trading transactions.
(c) To sabotage them.
(d) To navigate them.
3. When was the business operational?
4. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
5. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
(a) Political debates.
(b) Patients became more ill, not better.
(c) The patients received excellent care.
(d) The men were robbed.
6. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
(b) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
(c) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(d) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
7. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
8. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To assist Tammy Ting.
(b) To monitor trading transactions.
(c) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(d) To catch the person committing sabotage.
9. What did the men find in Nome?
10. Where did Tom spend Christmas?
(c) Pleiades Glacier.
11. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) He couldn't find any fish.
(b) He was swept out into the water.
(c) A warden told him he couldn't.
(d) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
12. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(b) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(c) In anticipation of increased trade.
(d) The roads for cars were terrible.
13. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
(c) Work ethic.
14. How was Elmer injured?
(a) In a construction accident.
(b) By an attack dog.
(c) By a Bullet.
(d) By a falling crate.
15. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a tent city.
(b) In a boarding house.
(c) In a cabin.
(d) In a castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
2. How did LeRoy Flatch contribute to the war effort?
3. What happened to their business?
4. Whom did Nancy marry?
5. What is cabotage?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)