|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
(a) Patients became more ill, not better.
(b) The patients received excellent care.
(c) The men were robbed.
(d) Political debates.
2. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) More products for trade.
(b) Lower shipping costs for users.
(c) Fewer products for trade.
(d) Higher shipping costs for users.
3. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
4. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
5. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The opening of a school.
(b) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(c) A government program during the Great Depression.
(d) The thrill of seeking gold.
6. Alaska became what state of the union?
7. What did Kendra think of Jeb?
(a) She didn't trust him.
(b) She thought he was fine for a friend, but no more than that.
(c) She disliked him at first sight.
(d) She liked him enough to date him.
8. What happened to their business?
(a) It was destroyed in a fire.
(b) No-one wanted to work with them.
(c) They ran out of supplies.
(d) It was very successful.
9. What happened to Ah Ting?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He became ill.
10. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
11. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It went bankrupt.
(b) It was slowly collapsing.
(c) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
(d) It appeared stagnant.
12. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(b) In anticipation of increased trade.
(c) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(d) The roads for cars were terrible.
13. Where did Ah Ting go?
(a) To talk with Bigears.
(b) To China
(c) To the Philippines
(d) To California
14. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A sled.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
15. How did LeRoy Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(b) Building highways.
(c) Foot soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Elmer injured?
2. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
3. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
4. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
5. What did they name the new business?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)