|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To carry cargo for merchants.
(b) To emigrate.
(c) To hunt for whales.
(d) To find out if there was a land bridge.
2. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(d) Fur trading.
3. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(b) It remained constant.
(c) It was disappearing rapidly.
(d) It was very lucrative.
4. Where did the Russians build a fort?
(a) Next to the Tlingits.
(b) In the woods.
(c) A few miles from the Tlingits.
(d) Redoubt St. Michael.
5. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(a) Seal Islands.
6. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
(b) She liked to pray.
(c) She was always drawn to Christianity.
(d) To absolve herself of her past.
7. What would happen to Raven-heart when his master died?
(a) He would be killed.
(b) He would be freed.
(c) He would be given to a stranger.
(d) He would be given to his master's relative.
8. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) One month.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
9. What was Big Ears' new name?
(b) Great One.
10. Where did the Eskimos originate?
11. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
12. Where did the family go?
(a) Out to sea.
(b) Up into the mountains.
(c) Across the bridge to Alaska.
(d) Over to the beach area.
13. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
(b) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
(c) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
(d) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
14. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
(b) Sitka Island.
(d) Seal Islands
15. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(b) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
(c) The provision of rum to the natives.
(d) A structured government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was there a protuberance?
2. Where did the mastadon settle?
3. What did the sun do in the winter?
4. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
5. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)