|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(b) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(c) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(d) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
2. Who took the people from the island?
(a) Russian hunters.
(b) Siberian tradesmen.
(c) Russian tradesmen.
(d) Siberian hunters.
3. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To build a ship.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To escape from the Tsar.
(d) To assassinate someone .
4. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
(b) Seal Islands
(c) Sitka Island.
5. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(a) Native Alaskans.
6. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By eating berries.
(b) By hunting for mammoth.
(c) By planting gardens.
(d) By hunting for whales.
7. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) People imported them.
(c) They swam to Alaska.
(d) Migration when the continents were connected.
8. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
9. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
(a) From books.
(b) Their dad.
(c) They remembered.
(d) From Ancient One.
10. Where did Varnak originate?
11. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
12. How many Ice Ages were there?
13. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
(b) Aleksandr Baranov.
(c) Yermak Rudenko.
14. Where did they decide to build ships?
15. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
(b) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
(c) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
(d) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items were traded for pelts?
2. What was the mastodon?
3. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
4. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
5. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)