|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
(a) They remembered.
(b) From Ancient One.
(c) Their dad.
(d) From books.
2. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
(b) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
(c) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
(d) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
3. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
4. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) A new land bridge.
(b) Flat terrain.
(c) Mountains and lakes.
5. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It remained constant.
(b) It was very lucrative.
(c) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(d) It was disappearing rapidly.
6. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(d) Fur trading.
7. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
(a) The Eskimos.
(b) The Tlingit Indians.
(c) Army troops.
(d) The Americans.
8. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(b) Between Alaska and Australia.
(c) Between Alaska and Canada.
(d) Between Alaska and Asia.
9. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
(d) Old One.
10. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) To absolve herself of her past.
(b) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
(c) She liked to pray.
(d) She was always drawn to Christianity.
11. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(c) Seal Islands.
12. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
(a) To hire him to assassinate someone.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To taunt him while he was in prison.
(d) To ask for his help.
13. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
14. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
15. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
(b) They stole the food.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They fought.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
2. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
3. What did Baranov think about supplying rum and guns to the natives?
4. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
5. What did the Eskimos hunt?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)