|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
(a) They made plans to attack them.
(b) They wanted to befriend them.
(c) They wanted to protect them.
(d) They were afraid of them.
2. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(d) Seal Islands.
3. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
4. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
(d) Old One.
5. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
(a) Milk maid.
(b) Preacher's wife.
6. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and Asia.
(b) Between Alaska and Australia.
(c) Between Alaska and Canada.
(d) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
7. Varnak's people became known as _________.
8. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) They lacked food.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) The mastodon were bothering them.
(d) They missed seeing other people.
9. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It disappeared.
(b) It was the same as in the summer.
(c) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(d) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
10. What was the mastodon?
(a) A reptile.
(b) An animal similar to an elephant.
(c) A tall ship.
(d) A type of hill.
11. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(b) He was impressed with his honesty.
(c) He found him to be a very practical man.
(d) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
12. What was Big Ears' new name?
(d) Great One.
13. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
14. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
(a) The forest.
(b) The Armada.
(c) The beach.
(d) The island.
15. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
2. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
3. What made the large bodies of ice move?
4. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
5. Where did they decide to build ships?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)