|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(b) Between Alaska and Asia.
(c) Between Alaska and Canada.
(d) Between Alaska and Australia.
2. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
(b) Meeting place.
3. What was the mastodon?
(a) An animal similar to an elephant.
(b) A type of hill.
(c) A tall ship.
(d) A reptile.
4. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To build a ship.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To assassinate someone .
(d) To escape from the Tsar.
5. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
6. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
(b) Aleksandr Baranov.
(d) Yermak Rudenko.
7. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) They lacked food.
(b) It was too cold.
(c) They missed seeing other people.
(d) The mastodon were bothering them.
8. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
(d) Old One.
9. What items were traded for pelts?
(b) Rum and rifles.
10. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
(b) Yermak Rudenko.
(c) Aleksandr Baranov.
(d) Marina Zhdanko.
11. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(b) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) It was the same as in the summer.
13. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
14. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) A boat.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) A house.
(d) An onion dome church.
15. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
2. How large was Beringia?
3. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
4. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
5. What is a peninsula?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)