|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It remained constant.
(b) It was disappearing rapidly.
(c) It was very lucrative.
(d) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
2. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(b) A structured government.
(c) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
(d) The provision of rum to the natives.
3. What was the mastodon?
(a) A tall ship.
(b) An animal similar to an elephant.
(c) A reptile.
(d) A type of hill.
4. What is a peninsula?
(a) An island very close to a large land mass.
(b) A pathway through the mountains.
(c) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(d) A crater near the water.
5. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
(b) In Siberia.
(c) In eastern Alaska.
(d) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
6. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) A boat.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) An onion dome church.
(d) A house.
7. What made the large bodies of ice move?
(b) Large boats.
(d) Forces of gravity.
8. Where did the Russians build a fort?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Next to the Tlingits.
(c) Redoubt St. Michael.
(d) A few miles from the Tlingits.
9. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
(a) Only in the winter months.
(b) Only in the summer months.
10. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
11. Where did they decide to build ships?
12. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
(a) It shifted to become a new continent.
(b) It disappeared, covered by water.
(c) It expanded.
(d) It separated and became an island.
13. Baranov showed the Tlingits __________.
(a) How to make a ship.
(b) How to plant a garden.
(c) An old musket.
(d) A cannon.
14. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six days.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One day.
15. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(b) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(d) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
2. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
3. Where did the mastadon settle?
4. How many days did it take to build their ship?
5. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)