|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By hunting for whales.
(b) By hunting for mammoth.
(c) By planting gardens.
(d) By eating berries.
2. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(a) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
(c) The provision of rum to the natives.
(d) A structured government.
3. Which natural force did not contribute to the formation of Alaska?
4. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He found him to be a very practical man.
(b) He was impressed with his honesty.
(c) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(d) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
5. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) They lacked food.
(c) The mastodon were bothering them.
(d) They missed seeing other people.
6. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
(a) Approximately a thousand.
(b) Approximately hundred.
(c) Approximately a billion.
(d) Approximately million.
7. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) A house.
(b) A boat.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) An onion dome church.
8. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
(a) Americans working with natives.
(b) Thriving businesses.
(c) Mostly dead people.
(d) Sick people.
9. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(b) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(d) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
10. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It remained constant.
(b) It was very lucrative.
(c) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(d) It was disappearing rapidly.
11. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
(a) Marina Zhdanko.
(b) Yermak Rudenko.
(d) Aleksandr Baranov.
12. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
(b) She liked to pray.
(c) To absolve herself of her past.
(d) She was always drawn to Christianity.
13. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(a) Fur trading.
14. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
15. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
(b) Old One.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
2. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
3. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
4. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
5. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)