|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
(a) They remembered.
(b) From Ancient One.
(c) Their dad.
(d) From books.
2. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(c) Fur trading.
3. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) She liked to pray.
(b) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
(c) To absolve herself of her past.
(d) She was always drawn to Christianity.
4. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
(a) They steadily increased.
(b) The dropped.
(c) They increased dramatically.
(d) They stayed the same.
5. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
6. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
(a) The Eskimos.
(b) The Americans.
(c) Army troops.
(d) The Tlingit Indians.
7. Who took the people from the island?
(a) Russian hunters.
(b) Russian tradesmen.
(c) Siberian hunters.
(d) Siberian tradesmen.
8. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A few sparse areas of growth.
(b) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(c) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(d) A hilly terrain.
9. Alaska was joined to what land mass during the Ice Age?
10. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
11. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) North America and Europe.
(b) Asia and Europe.
(c) North America and Asia.
(d) Australia and North America.
12. What was Big Ears' new name?
(c) Great One.
13. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
(a) Only in the summer months.
(c) Only in the winter months.
14. How large was Beringia?
(a) 2 miles wide.
(b) 100 miles wide.
(c) 6000 miles wide.
(d) 600 miles wide.
15. What formed over time?
(a) More land bridges.
(b) Ice and snow.
(c) More islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Russian boats returned two years later, they found the settlement was __________.
2. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
3. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
4. Where did the Russians build a fort?
5. Varnak's people became known as _________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)