|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
(c) Cats such as lions and tigers.
2. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
(b) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
(c) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
(d) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
3. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(d) Native Alaskans.
4. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
(c) Sitka Island.
(d) Seal Islands
5. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(a) The provision of rum to the natives.
(c) A structured government.
(d) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
6. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To hunt for whales.
(b) To carry cargo for merchants.
(c) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(d) To emigrate.
7. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It was the same as in the summer.
(b) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(c) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(d) It disappeared.
8. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
(a) Rudenko killed him.
(c) Baranov beat him.
(d) He was sent to prison.
9. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(b) He was impressed with his honesty.
(c) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(d) He found him to be a very practical man.
10. Where did the family go?
(a) Across the bridge to Alaska.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) Over to the beach area.
(d) Up into the mountains.
11. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
(a) They remembered.
(b) From Ancient One.
(c) Their dad.
(d) From books.
12. What items were traded for pelts?
(d) Rum and rifles.
13. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(b) Between Alaska and Australia.
(c) Between Alaska and Asia.
(d) Between Alaska and Canada.
14. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
15. What was Big Ears' new name?
(b) Great One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What formed over time?
2. What did the Eskimos hunt?
3. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
4. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
5. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)