|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) To absolve herself of her past.
(b) She was always drawn to Christianity.
(c) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
(d) She liked to pray.
2. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
(b) Baranov beat him.
(c) He was sent to prison.
(d) Rudenko killed him.
3. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
(a) Catherine the Great.
(b) Tsar Peter Romanov.
(c) Trofin Bhdanko.
(d) He was self appointed.
4. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
(a) The Armada.
(b) The island.
(c) The forest.
(d) The beach.
5. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To assassinate someone .
(b) To build a ship.
(c) To hunt.
(d) To escape from the Tsar.
6. What arrived to help the Americans?
(b) A warship.
(c) More food.
(d) A group of soldiers .
7. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
8. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
9. How large was Beringia?
(a) 6000 miles wide.
(b) 100 miles wide.
(c) 2 miles wide.
(d) 600 miles wide.
10. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(c) Seal Islands.
11. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
12. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A few sparse areas of growth.
(b) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(c) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(d) A hilly terrain.
13. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By hunting for whales.
(b) By eating berries.
(c) By hunting for mammoth.
(d) By planting gardens.
14. Baranov showed the Tlingits __________.
(a) An old musket.
(b) A cannon.
(c) How to make a ship.
(d) How to plant a garden.
15. What is a peninsula?
(a) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(b) A crater near the water.
(c) A pathway through the mountains.
(d) An island very close to a large land mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
2. How many days did it take to build their ship?
3. What did the sun do in the winter?
4. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
5. What was the mastodon?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)