|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
(a) It separated and became an island.
(b) It disappeared, covered by water.
(c) It expanded.
(d) It shifted to become a new continent.
2. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
(a) Approximately a billion.
(b) Approximately million.
(c) Approximately hundred.
(d) Approximately a thousand.
3. Where did they decide to build ships?
4. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(b) He was impressed with his honesty.
(c) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(d) He found him to be a very practical man.
5. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
(a) The dropped.
(b) They steadily increased.
(c) They increased dramatically.
(d) They stayed the same.
6. What was the mastodon?
(a) A reptile.
(b) A type of hill.
(c) An animal similar to an elephant.
(d) A tall ship.
7. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
(a) He was sent to prison.
(c) Rudenko killed him.
(d) Baranov beat him.
8. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
10. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
(d) Cats such as lions and tigers.
11. Baranov showed the Tlingits __________.
(a) How to make a ship.
(b) A cannon.
(c) An old musket.
(d) How to plant a garden.
12. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) The mastodon were bothering them.
(b) They missed seeing other people.
(c) They lacked food.
(d) It was too cold.
13. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
(b) Seal Islands
(c) Sitka Island.
14. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) People imported them.
(b) Migration when the continents were connected.
(d) They swam to Alaska.
15. How many Ice Ages were there?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the remaining islanders survive?
2. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
3. Where did the Eskimos originate?
4. Where did the family go?
5. What killed Rudenko?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)