|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(b) It was the same as in the summer.
(c) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(d) It disappeared.
2. Who took the people from the island?
(a) Siberian tradesmen.
(b) Russian tradesmen.
(c) Siberian hunters.
(d) Russian hunters.
3. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) An onion dome church.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) A boat.
(d) A house.
4. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) North America and Europe.
(b) North America and Asia.
(c) Australia and North America.
(d) Asia and Europe.
5. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
6. What arrived to help the Americans?
(a) A warship.
(b) A group of soldiers .
(c) More food.
7. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
8. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) Six days.
(d) One year.
9. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(b) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(c) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(d) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
10. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(a) Fur trading.
11. What would happen to Raven-heart when his master died?
(a) He would be freed.
(b) He would be given to a stranger.
(c) He would be killed.
(d) He would be given to his master's relative.
12. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He found him to be a very practical man.
(b) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(c) He was impressed with his honesty.
(d) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
13. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
(a) Sailing together.
(b) Polar bear hunting.
(c) Working together.
(d) Time in prayer.
14. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A few sparse areas of growth.
(b) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(c) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(d) A hilly terrain.
15. How many days did it take to build their ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What items were traded for pelts?
2. Where did the family go?
3. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
4. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
5. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)