|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
2. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(b) Native Alaskans.
3. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(b) Seal Islands.
4. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
5. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) The Mammoth.
(b) A Mountain.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A large river.
6. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
(a) The Armada.
(b) The island.
(c) The forest.
(d) The beach.
7. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
(d) Cats such as lions and tigers.
8. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To carry cargo for merchants.
(b) To emigrate.
(c) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(d) To hunt for whales.
9. What items were traded for pelts?
(c) Rum and rifles.
10. How many days did it take to build their ship?
11. What was Big Ears' new name?
(a) Great One.
12. What did Baranov think about supplying rum and guns to the natives?
(a) He told Corey it would be a wise investment.
(b) He was hesitant.
(c) He told Corey that he didn't want them to supply them.
(d) He told Corey that they must continue supplying the materials at all costs.
13. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
(b) They left the area.
(c) They fought.
(d) They stole the food.
14. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
15. What arrived to help the Americans?
(a) A group of soldiers .
(c) More food.
(d) A warship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
2. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
3. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
4. What was the mastodon?
5. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)