|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Ice Ages were there?
2. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To taunt him while he was in prison.
(c) To ask for his help.
(d) To hire him to assassinate someone.
3. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(b) Between Alaska and Canada.
(c) Between Alaska and Australia.
(d) Between Alaska and Asia.
4. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
5. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
(c) Meeting place.
6. How many days did it take to build their ship?
7. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(b) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(c) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(d) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
8. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
(b) The provision of rum to the natives.
(c) A structured government.
(d) Friendship between the Americans and the natives.
9. What did the Eskimos hunt?
(c) Whales and other sea animals.
10. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) A house.
(b) An onion dome church.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) A boat.
11. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By eating berries.
(b) By planting gardens.
(c) By hunting for mammoth.
(d) By hunting for whales.
12. Varnak's people became known as _________.
13. Alaska was joined to what land mass during the Ice Age?
14. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
(b) Sitka Island.
(d) Seal Islands
15. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) Migration when the continents were connected.
(b) They swam to Alaska.
(d) People imported them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Eskimos originate?
2. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
3. What was happening to the fur trade?
4. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
5. Where did Varnak originate?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)