|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
(a) Fur trading.
2. The protuberance would eventually become __________.
3. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
(a) It expanded.
(b) It separated and became an island.
(c) It disappeared, covered by water.
(d) It shifted to become a new continent.
4. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
5. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(a) Seal Islands.
6. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He found him to be a very practical man.
(b) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(c) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(d) He was impressed with his honesty.
7. How many Ice Ages were there?
8. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) To absolve herself of her past.
(b) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
(c) She liked to pray.
(d) She was always drawn to Christianity.
9. How many days did it take to build their ship?
10. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
(b) He was sent to prison.
(c) Rudenko killed him.
(d) Baranov beat him.
11. Varnak's people became known as _________.
12. What was the mastodon?
(a) An animal similar to an elephant.
(b) A type of hill.
(c) A tall ship.
(d) A reptile.
13. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and Canada.
(b) Between Alaska and Australia.
(c) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(d) Between Alaska and Asia.
14. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six days.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) One day.
15. Alaska was joined to what land mass during the Ice Age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
2. What items were traded for pelts?
3. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
4. Where did the Russians build a fort?
5. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)