Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) People imported them.
(b) Migration when the continents were connected.
(d) They swam to Alaska.
2. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
(c) Seal Islands.
3. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) In the tundra.
(b) In the harsh north.
(c) Along the shoreline.
(d) In the forest.
4. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was very lucrative.
(b) It remained constant.
(c) It was disappearing rapidly.
(d) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
5. Why did Cidaq become a Christian?
(a) She liked to pray.
(b) She was always drawn to Christianity.
(c) To absolve herself of her past.
(d) Vasili Voronov persuaded her to.
6. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
7. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
(b) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
(c) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
(d) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
8. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) Flat terrain.
(b) Mountains and lakes.
(c) A new land bridge.
9. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To taunt him while he was in prison.
(c) To ask for his help.
(d) To hire him to assassinate someone.
10. Where did Varnak originate?
11. Who were taken from Lapak in 1789?
(a) All females over the age of two.
(b) All the women who were mothers.
(c) All males over the age of two.
(d) All the men who were fathers.
12. What would happen to Raven-heart when his master died?
(a) He would be given to his master's relative.
(b) He would be given to a stranger.
(c) He would be killed.
(d) He would be freed.
13. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To build a ship.
(b) To escape from the Tsar.
(c) To assassinate someone .
(d) To hunt.
14. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A few sparse areas of growth.
(b) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(c) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(d) A hilly terrain.
15. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
(a) The beach.
(b) The forest.
(c) The Armada.
(d) The island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
2. Where did the Russians build a fort?
3. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
4. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
5. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)