|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
(b) They stole the food.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They fought.
2. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
3. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To build a ship.
(b) To assassinate someone .
(c) To escape from the Tsar.
(d) To hunt.
4. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Varnak's people became known as _________.
6. What was the mastodon?
(a) An animal similar to an elephant.
(b) A reptile.
(c) A tall ship.
(d) A type of hill.
7. Who were taken from Lapak in 1789?
(a) All the men who were fathers.
(b) All females over the age of two.
(c) All males over the age of two.
(d) All the women who were mothers.
8. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
(a) Baranov beat him.
(b) He was sent to prison.
(c) Rudenko killed him.
9. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) In Siberia.
(b) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
(c) In eastern Alaska.
(d) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
10. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
11. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) Along the shoreline.
(b) In the tundra.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In the harsh north.
12. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
(a) They were afraid of them.
(b) They wanted to befriend them.
(c) They wanted to protect them.
(d) They made plans to attack them.
13. How did animals come to Alaska?
(b) They swam to Alaska.
(c) Migration when the continents were connected.
(d) People imported them.
14. The protuberance would eventually become __________.
15. Where did they decide to build ships?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
2. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
3. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
4. What was Big Ears' new name?
5. Baranov showed the Tlingits __________.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)