|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baranov think about supplying rum and guns to the natives?
(a) He was hesitant.
(b) He told Corey that he didn't want them to supply them.
(c) He told Corey it would be a wise investment.
(d) He told Corey that they must continue supplying the materials at all costs.
2. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) A new land bridge.
(b) Flat terrain.
(c) Mountains and lakes.
3. The protuberance would eventually become __________.
4. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
(a) They remembered.
(b) Their dad.
(c) From books.
(d) From Ancient One.
5. What formed over time?
(a) More land bridges.
(c) More islands.
(d) Ice and snow.
6. How many Ice Ages were there?
7. What was Big Ears' new name?
(c) Great One.
8. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
(a) They steadily increased.
(b) They increased dramatically.
(c) They stayed the same.
(d) The dropped.
9. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
(b) Old One.
10. What is a peninsula?
(a) A pathway through the mountains.
(b) A crater near the water.
(c) An island very close to a large land mass.
(d) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
11. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(b) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(c) It was the same as in the summer.
(d) It disappeared.
12. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
(b) Milk maid.
(d) Preacher's wife.
13. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
(a) Sitka Island.
(d) Seal Islands
14. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To build a ship.
(b) To escape from the Tsar.
(c) To assassinate someone .
(d) To hunt.
15. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) An onion dome church.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) A boat.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Varnak originate?
2. Why did Varnak's family move?
3. Who took the people from the island?
4. What was the mastodon?
5. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)