|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
(a) Only in the winter months.
(b) Only in the summer months.
2. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
3. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
4. Where did they decide to build ships?
5. What killed Rudenko?
(a) A knife.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A volcano eruption.
(d) A tsunami.
6. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
(b) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
(c) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
(d) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
7. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) Australia and North America.
(b) North America and Asia.
(c) Asia and Europe.
(d) North America and Europe.
8. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) They swam to Alaska.
(c) Migration when the continents were connected.
(d) People imported them.
9. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To escape from the Tsar.
(b) To build a ship.
(c) To assassinate someone .
(d) To hunt.
10. Varnak's people became known as _________.
11. Where did Varnak originate?
12. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To hunt for whales.
(b) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(c) To emigrate.
(d) To carry cargo for merchants.
13. How large was Beringia?
(a) 6000 miles wide.
(b) 600 miles wide.
(c) 100 miles wide.
(d) 2 miles wide.
14. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(b) It disappeared.
(c) It was the same as in the summer.
(d) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
15. Where did the Eskimos originate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take to build their ship?
2. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
3. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
4. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
5. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)