|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
(b) Meeting place.
2. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
(b) Preacher's wife.
(d) Milk maid.
4. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
(a) Aleksandr Baranov.
(b) Marina Zhdanko.
(d) Yermak Rudenko.
5. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
6. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
(a) To hire him to assassinate someone.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To taunt him while he was in prison.
(d) To ask for his help.
7. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
(a) From Ancient One.
(b) From books.
(c) Their dad.
(d) They remembered.
8. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
(a) Sitka Island.
(c) Seal Islands
9. What formed over time?
(a) More islands.
(b) Ice and snow.
(d) More land bridges.
10. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
(a) Approximately hundred.
(b) Approximately million.
(c) Approximately a thousand.
(d) Approximately a billion.
11. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
(a) Yermak Rudenko.
(c) Aleksandr Baranov.
12. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
(a) Sick people.
(b) Mostly dead people.
(c) Americans working with natives.
(d) Thriving businesses.
13. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
14. How large was Beringia?
(a) 6000 miles wide.
(b) 2 miles wide.
(c) 600 miles wide.
(d) 100 miles wide.
15. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
(a) Tsar Peter Romanov.
(b) Trofin Bhdanko.
(c) Catherine the Great.
(d) He was self appointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to Raven-heart when his master died?
2. Where did the Eskimos originate?
3. Where did the family go?
4. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
5. What arrived to help the Americans?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)