|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) Along the shoreline.
(b) In the harsh north.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In the tundra.
2. What killed Rudenko?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A volcano eruption.
(c) A knife.
(d) A tsunami.
3. Where did they decide to build ships?
4. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(c) Native Alaskans.
5. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(b) He was impressed with his honesty.
(c) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(d) He found him to be a very practical man.
6. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
(c) Preacher's wife.
(d) Milk maid.
8. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
9. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A few sparse areas of growth.
(b) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(c) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(d) A hilly terrain.
10. Where did the family go?
(a) Over to the beach area.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) Up into the mountains.
(d) Across the bridge to Alaska.
11. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
(b) They fought.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They stole the food.
12. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) Six days.
13. What did Baranov think about supplying rum and guns to the natives?
(a) He told Corey it would be a wise investment.
(b) He told Corey that they must continue supplying the materials at all costs.
(c) He was hesitant.
(d) He told Corey that he didn't want them to supply them.
14. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
(a) They steadily increased.
(b) The dropped.
(c) They increased dramatically.
(d) They stayed the same.
15. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
(b) Cats such as lions and tigers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
2. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
3. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
4. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
5. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)