|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
(a) Approximately a billion.
(b) Approximately hundred.
(c) Approximately a thousand.
(d) Approximately million.
2. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
(a) Tsar Peter Romanov.
(b) Catherine the Great.
(c) Trofin Bhdanko.
(d) He was self appointed.
3. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
(a) Old One.
4. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
(a) The forest.
(b) The Armada.
(c) The island.
(d) The beach.
5. Where did the family go?
(a) Over to the beach area.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) Up into the mountains.
(d) Across the bridge to Alaska.
6. What killed Rudenko?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A knife.
(c) A volcano eruption.
(d) A heart attack.
7. What items were traded for pelts?
(c) Rum and rifles.
8. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
9. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) A Mountain.
(b) An alligator.
(c) The Mammoth.
(d) A large river.
10. What was Big Ears' new name?
(c) Great One.
11. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
(b) Aleksandr Baranov.
(c) Yermak Rudenko.
13. When Russian boats returned two years later, they found the settlement was __________.
(d) Greatly expanded.
14. How old was Baranov when Ermelov had him investigated? and
15. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
2. Why did Varnak's family move?
3. Where did Varnak originate?
4. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
5. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)