Short Essay Questions Key
1. What was so important about the protuberance in the northwest corner of what was to become North America that the author mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
3. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
4. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
5. How did the ice age affect the land that was to become Alaska?
6. Describe the different ice ages mentioned in Chapter 2.
7. How is the mastodon related to the elephant?
8. Where did the animals come from and go to in Chapter 2?
9. Who lived in Varnak's household? What were their roles?
10. What role did food play in Varnak's story in Chapter 3?
11. Where did Oogruk come from? How did he and his family live?
12. How did food factor into Oogruk's story in Chapter 3?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)