Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What was so important about the protuberance in the northwest corner of what was to become North America that the author mentioned in Chapter 1?
2. What was so important about the shifting of the geological plates?
3. What is a land bridge? How was it significant in Chapter 1?
4. According to Chapter 1, how did Alaska become separated from Asia? How was the landscape of Alaska changed?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. How did the ice age affect the land that...
This section contains 734 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)