Short Answer Key
1. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
Approximately a billion.
2. Where was there a protuberance?
In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
3. The protuberance would eventually become __________.
4. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
No mountains, trees or other growth.
5. What did the sun do in the winter?
It stayed low in the sky for six months.
6. How high were summer temperatures?
120 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
8. What is a peninsula?
A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
9. Where did a land bridge form?
Between Alaska and Asia.
10. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
It disappeared, covered by water.
11. The Pacific Plate...
This section contains 1,922 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)