|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
(a) The dropped.
(b) They steadily increased.
(c) They stayed the same.
(d) They increased dramatically.
2. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(b) It disappeared.
(c) It was the same as in the summer.
(d) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
3. What did the Eskimos hunt?
(b) Whales and other sea animals.
4. Where did Varnak originate?
5. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ah Ting go?
2. How high were summer temperatures?
3. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
4. When did the United States government begin to pay attention to the rights of native Alaskans?
5. Where did the Russians build a fort?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)