|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
(b) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(c) He found him to be a very practical man.
(d) He was impressed with his honesty.
2. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
3. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(b) It was very lucrative.
(c) It was disappearing rapidly.
(d) It remained constant.
4. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
(a) He set off for the mines.
(b) He went panning for gold.
(c) He opened a branch of a general store.
(d) He ran away.
5. What happened to Arikov's claim?
(a) He lost it.
(b) It was too difficult to work.
(c) It was dry.
(d) He struck the motherload.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
2. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
3. Where did Tom move after Christmas?
4. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
5. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)