|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(b) He was impressed with his honesty.
(c) He found him to be a very practical man.
(d) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
2. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
3. What did the Organic Act do?
(a) It left the land the natives lived on to the Americans.
(b) It established a rudimentary government in Alaska.
(c) It left the land the Americans lived on to the natives.
(d) It demanded that everyone plant gardens.
4. What was the mastodon?
(a) A type of hill.
(b) A reptile.
(c) A tall ship.
(d) An animal similar to an elephant.
5. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
(a) Mostly dead people.
(b) Sick people.
(c) Thriving businesses.
(d) Americans working with natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was shocking to Kendra?
2. Who took the people from the island?
3. Where did they set up the new business?
4. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
5. Where did Kendra and Jeb go with the locals?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)