|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the investigation team studying?
(a) The effects of the cannery on the salmon population in other places.
(b) The relationships between workers and management.
(c) The effects of the cannery and pollution
(d) The functionality of the new equipment.
2. Who worked on the construction of the business?
(a) Chinese workers from the Orient.
(b) Bigears and his Indian friends.
(c) Russian workers.
(d) Chinese workers from San Francisco.
3. What was the mastodon?
(a) A type of hill.
(b) A reptile.
(c) A tall ship.
(d) An animal similar to an elephant.
4. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
(c) Work ethic.
5. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They fought.
(b) They stole the food.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
2. Who came to climb Denali?
3. When was the business operational?
4. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
5. The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act did all the following except __________.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)