|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
(a) Yermak Rudenko.
(b) Aleksandr Baranov.
2. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) The roads for cars were terrible.
(b) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
(c) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(d) In anticipation of increased trade.
3. Where was the Untied Alaskan Pulp Company founded?
(a) On Kagak.
(b) On Denali.
(c) In Juneau.
(d) In Nome.
4. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. What did the men find in Nome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
2. What did the arriving Indians do to the totem pole?
3. Where did Missy work?
4. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
5. When was the business operational?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)