|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
(a) He experienced management problems.
(b) Aside from a few glitches, everyone respected each other, and there was no trouble.
(c) They had language barrier problems.
(d) Everything was very smooth.
2. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
(a) They were lazy.
(b) They were threatening to overthrow him.
(c) They talked too much.
(d) One was murdered.
3. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
(a) Patients became more ill, not better.
(b) The men were robbed.
(c) The patients received excellent care.
(d) Political debates.
4. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(b) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(c) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
(d) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
5. Who came to climb Denali?
(a) A group of Russians.
(b) A group of Canadians.
(c) A group of Japanese.
(d) A group of Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What formed over time?
2. When was the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) enacted?
3. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
4. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
5. Why did Jeb decide to stay in Alaska?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)