|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
(b) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
(c) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(d) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
2. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
3. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
(a) To assassinate someone .
(b) To hunt.
(c) To escape from the Tsar.
(d) To build a ship.
4. Where did the Russians build a fort?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Redoubt St. Michael.
(c) A few miles from the Tlingits.
(d) Next to the Tlingits.
5. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
(a) Everything was very smooth.
(b) He experienced management problems.
(c) They had language barrier problems.
(d) Aside from a few glitches, everyone respected each other, and there was no trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did animals come to Alaska?
2. What happened to the Montreal Queen?
3. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
4. Why did Jeb decide to stay in Alaska?
5. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)