|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
(a) They turned against each other and split.
(b) They died.
(c) They became very close friends.
(d) They became ill.
2. How many Ice Ages were there?
3. What happened to Kimiko?
(a) She became ill on the expedition.
(b) She fell into a crevasse, but they rescued her.
(c) She never made it on the expedition.
(d) She fell into a crevasse and died.
4. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A hilly terrain.
(b) A few sparse areas of growth.
(c) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(d) No mountains, trees or other growth.
5. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six days.
(b) One day.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brought more people to Alaska in 1973?
2. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
3. How did the people of Desolation monitor the race?
4. What was the investigation team studying?
5. What is a peninsula?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)