|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, pgs. 802 - 868.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Kimiko?
(a) She fell into a crevasse, but they rescued her.
(b) She never made it on the expedition.
(c) She became ill on the expedition.
(d) She fell into a crevasse and died.
2. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(a) Foot soldier.
(b) Building highways.
3. How large was Beringia?
(a) 600 miles wide.
(b) 6000 miles wide.
(c) 100 miles wide.
(d) 2 miles wide.
4. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
(b) A store.
(c) A ship.
(d) An old Cessna airplane.
5. What brought people into the region in 1968?
(a) An oil discovery.
(c) Education opportunities.
(d) Gold discoveries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alaska became what state of the union?
2. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
3. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
4. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
5. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)