|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
(a) They sold furs.
(b) They opened a boarding house.
(c) They hunted for gold.
(d) They opened a tent restaurant.
2. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
(a) Yermak Rudenko.
(b) Marina Zhdanko.
(c) Aleksandr Baranov.
3. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
(a) He felt he was sneaky.
(b) He hated him.
(c) He thought he made solid decisions.
(d) He admired the man's work ethic.
4. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
(a) Mostly dead people.
(b) Thriving businesses.
(c) Sick people.
(d) Americans working with natives.
5. What arrived to help the Americans?
(b) A warship.
(c) A group of soldiers .
(d) More food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ross decide to get rid of the workers?
2. Russian prisoners on the ship were taken to _________.
3. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
4. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
5. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)