|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
(a) Rewarding as they brought in the gold.
(b) Very harsh.
2. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
(a) They were afraid of them.
(b) They made plans to attack them.
(c) They wanted to befriend them.
(d) They wanted to protect them.
3. What killed Rudenko?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A volcano eruption.
(c) A knife.
(d) A heart attack.
4. How large was Beringia?
(a) 600 miles wide.
(b) 6000 miles wide.
(c) 100 miles wide.
(d) 2 miles wide.
5. What happened to Ah Ting?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He became ill.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Organic Act do?
2. Who took the people from the island?
3. The Venns helped rescue survivors of _________.
4. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
5. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)