|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(c) Native Alaskans.
2. What was used as food for the population?
3. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
(a) They became ill.
(b) They turned against each other and split.
(c) They died.
(d) They became very close friends.
4. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A boat.
(c) A memorial.
(d) A box for carrying work materials.
5. Where did Tom Venn open a Ross and Raglan store in 1902?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the arriving Indians do to the totem pole?
2. Alaska was joined to what land mass during the Ice Age?
3. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
4. What did others think of the Venns?
5. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)