|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tom move after Christmas?
(c) Pleiades Glacier
2. What did Venn experience as he managed the Chinese and Filipino workers?
(a) Everything was very smooth.
(b) He experienced management problems.
(c) They had language barrier problems.
(d) Aside from a few glitches, everyone respected each other, and there was no trouble.
3. Where did the Eskimos originate?
4. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
(a) Aleksandr Baranov.
(b) Yermak Rudenko.
5. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
(b) He was swept out into the water.
(c) He couldn't find any fish.
(d) A warden told him he couldn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
2. Who was sold when the Tsar Ivan came to the island?
3. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
4. Where did a land bridge form?
5. How did the remaining islanders survive?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)