|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It was slowly collapsing.
(b) It appeared stagnant.
(c) It went bankrupt.
(d) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
2. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
(a) They turned against each other and split.
(b) They became ill.
(c) They became very close friends.
(d) They died.
3. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He was killed in a sledding accident.
(b) He died from cholera.
(c) He was killed in a mining accident.
(d) He became a successful business man.
4. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(b) It was disappearing rapidly.
(c) It was very lucrative.
(d) It remained constant.
5. What is a peninsula?
(a) An island very close to a large land mass.
(b) A pathway through the mountains.
(c) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(d) A crater near the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
2. What formed over time?
3. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
4. Why did Varnak's family move?
5. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)