|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 525 - 578.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
(a) It disappeared, covered by water.
(b) It expanded.
(c) It separated and became an island.
(d) It shifted to become a new continent.
2. Who was the company's representative to the Aleutian Islands?
(a) Aleksandr Baranov.
(c) Yermak Rudenko.
3. Which natural force did not contribute to the formation of Alaska?
4. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) An alligator.
(b) The Mammoth.
(c) A Mountain.
(d) A large river.
5. What did they name the new business?
(a) Tom's Totems.
(b) Ross and Venn.
(c) Totem Cannery.
(d) Tom's Cannery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jackson and Healy trying to prevent?
2. When Russian boats returned two years later, they found the settlement was __________.
3. Where did Klope go after two years in Alaska?
4. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
5. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)