|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 525 - 578.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
(a) To hire him to assassinate someone.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To taunt him while he was in prison.
(d) To ask for his help.
3. Where did the Russians build a fort?
(a) Next to the Tlingits.
(b) Redoubt St. Michael.
(c) A few miles from the Tlingits.
(d) In the woods.
4. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
(b) Meeting place.
5. What was Big Ears' new name?
(d) Great One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Varnak's people became known as _________.
2. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
3. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
4. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
5. Who worked on the construction of the business?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)