|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 525 - 578.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By planting gardens.
(b) By hunting for mammoth.
(c) By hunting for whales.
(d) By eating berries.
2. Baranov's house was used as a __________.
(b) Meeting place.
3. Where did they set up the new business?
(a) On Taku Inlet.
(b) In a cave.
(c) A few miles from Juneau.
(d) Next to the store.
4. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One day.
(d) Six days.
5. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In a tent city.
(d) In a boarding house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did miners get supplies?
2. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
3. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
4. Where was there a protuberance?
5. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)