|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 525 - 578.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
(a) A boat.
(b) A box for carrying work materials.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A memorial.
3. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) One month.
4. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
(a) A warden told him he couldn't.
(b) He was swept out into the water.
(c) He caught so many fish his nets broke.
(d) He couldn't find any fish.
5. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
(a) They opened a boarding house.
(b) They sold furs.
(c) They hunted for gold.
(d) They opened a tent restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to their business?
2. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
3. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
4. Who worked on the construction of the business?
5. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)