|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 525 - 578.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the arriving Indians do to the totem pole?
(a) Destroyed it.
(b) Worshipped it.
(c) Carved it.
(d) Painted it.
2. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
(a) Yermak Rudenko.
(b) Marina Zhdanko.
(c) Aleksandr Baranov.
3. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
(a) The Tlingit Indians.
(b) Army troops.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Eskimos.
4. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
(a) From Ancient One.
(b) They remembered.
(c) From books.
(d) Their dad.
5. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A hilly terrain.
(b) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(c) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(d) A few sparse areas of growth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
2. What was Raven-heart sent to scout?
3. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
4. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
5. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)