|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, pgs. 525 - 578.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) They missed seeing other people.
(b) They lacked food.
(c) The mastodon were bothering them.
(d) It was too cold.
2. What items were traded for pelts?
(b) Rum and rifles.
3. What was Judge Grant like?
(a) He demanded that everyone follow every aspect of the law.
(b) He was honest.
(c) He was corrupt.
(d) He cared about people.
4. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They stole the food.
(b) They fought.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
5. What did Baranov want to build for Voronov?
(a) A boat.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) A house.
(d) An onion dome church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Indians think of the Americans in the settlement on Sitka?
2. What was the mastodon?
3. Where did they set up the new business?
4. What transportation did Sanquq use?
5. What happened when Sam went to fish in the river?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)