|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chatper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
(a) Sick people.
(b) Mostly dead people.
(c) Americans working with natives.
(d) Thriving businesses.
2. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(b) It was disappearing rapidly.
(c) It remained constant.
(d) It was very lucrative.
4. What is a peninsula?
(a) A crater near the water.
(b) A pathway through the mountains.
(c) An island very close to a large land mass.
(d) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
5. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) Migration when the continents were connected.
(b) People imported them.
(c) They swam to Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
2. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
3. Who made the purchase from Tsar Ivan?
4. What made the large bodies of ice move?
5. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)