|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chatper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the family go?
(a) Out to sea.
(b) Over to the beach area.
(c) Across the bridge to Alaska.
(d) Up into the mountains.
2. How large was Beringia?
(a) 100 miles wide.
(b) 6000 miles wide.
(c) 2 miles wide.
(d) 600 miles wide.
3. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(b) To carry cargo for merchants.
(c) To emigrate.
(d) To hunt for whales.
4. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) In eastern Alaska.
(b) In Siberia.
(c) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
(d) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
5. Where did the Russians build a fort?
(a) A few miles from the Tlingits.
(b) Next to the Tlingits.
(c) Redoubt St. Michael.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Mrs. Caldwell have?
2. Where did the Eskimos originate?
3. What killed Rudenko?
4. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
5. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)