|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chatper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It was disappearing rapidly.
(b) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
(c) It remained constant.
(d) It was very lucrative.
2. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
(a) They persuaded the Americans that they never meant to cause harm.
(b) They stole the food.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They fought.
3. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(b) To hunt for whales.
(c) To emigrate.
(d) To carry cargo for merchants.
4. Who took the people from the island?
(a) Siberian tradesmen.
(b) Russian hunters.
(c) Siberian hunters.
(d) Russian tradesmen.
5. What did Baranov think about supplying rum and guns to the natives?
(a) He told Corey it would be a wise investment.
(b) He told Corey that they must continue supplying the materials at all costs.
(c) He was hesitant.
(d) He told Corey that he didn't want them to supply them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did animals come to Alaska?
2. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
3. What did the Organic Act do?
4. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
5. Where did the family go?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)