|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chatper 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It disappeared.
(b) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(c) It was the same as in the summer.
(d) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
2. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) In Siberia.
(b) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
(c) In eastern Alaska.
(d) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
3. What was Big Ears' new name?
(b) Great One.
4. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(b) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(d) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
5. To whom did Russia plan to sell Alaska?
Short Answer Questions
1. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
2. Where did Varnak originate?
3. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
4. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
5. Who departed Alaska in 1877?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)