|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(b) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) It was the same as in the summer.
2. Varnak's descendants who traveled south to Arizona and became Navajo Indians were known as _________.
(c) Native Alaskans.
3. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six years.
4. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(b) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(d) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
5. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
(a) Trofin Bhdanko.
(b) Tsar Peter Romanov.
(c) He was self appointed.
(d) Catherine the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which natural force did not contribute to the formation of Alaska?
2. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
3. Where did Varnak originate?
4. How large was Beringia?
5. What is a peninsula?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)