|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
(a) Trofin Bhdanko.
(b) Tsar Peter Romanov.
(c) Catherine the Great.
(d) He was self appointed.
2. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
(b) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
(c) In eastern Alaska.
(d) In Siberia.
3. What made the large bodies of ice move?
(a) Forces of gravity.
(b) Large boats.
4. Baranov showed the Tlingits __________.
(a) An old musket.
(b) How to plant a garden.
(c) How to make a ship.
(d) A cannon.
5. What items were traded for pelts?
(b) Rum and rifles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the family go?
2. What killed Rudenko?
3. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
4. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
5. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)