|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a peninsula?
(a) An island very close to a large land mass.
(b) A pathway through the mountains.
(c) A crater near the water.
(d) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
2. How many days did it take to build their ship?
3. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) North America and Europe.
(b) Australia and North America.
(c) North America and Asia.
(d) Asia and Europe.
4. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) One year.
(b) Six years.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
5. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and Canada.
(b) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(c) Between Alaska and Asia.
(d) Between Alaska and Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
2. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
3. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
4. Why did Varnak's family move?
5. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)