|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the mastodon?
(a) A tall ship.
(b) A reptile.
(c) A type of hill.
(d) An animal similar to an elephant.
2. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six days.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What is a peninsula?
(a) A crater near the water.
(b) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(c) A pathway through the mountains.
(d) An island very close to a large land mass.
4. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
(a) Catherine the Great.
(b) Trofin Bhdanko.
(c) He was self appointed.
(d) Tsar Peter Romanov.
5. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
2. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
3. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
4. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
5. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)