|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and Canada.
(b) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(c) Between Alaska and Asia.
(d) Between Alaska and Australia.
2. How large was Beringia?
(a) 600 miles wide.
(b) 6000 miles wide.
(c) 2 miles wide.
(d) 100 miles wide.
3. Where did the family go?
(a) Up into the mountains.
(b) Out to sea.
(c) Over to the beach area.
(d) Across the bridge to Alaska.
4. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
5. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) A few sparse areas of growth.
(b) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(c) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(d) A hilly terrain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which natural force did not contribute to the formation of Alaska?
2. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
3. Why did Varnak's family move?
4. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
5. What did the Eskimos hunt?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)