|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(b) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(d) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
2. What did the Eskimos hunt?
(c) Whales and other sea animals.
3. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) Australia and North America.
(b) Asia and Europe.
(c) North America and Europe.
(d) North America and Asia.
4. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
5. How large was Beringia?
(a) 6000 miles wide.
(b) 100 miles wide.
(c) 600 miles wide.
(d) 2 miles wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the mastodon?
2. Varnak's people became known as _________.
3. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
4. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
5. How did animals come to Alaska?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)