|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) An alligator.
(b) A Mountain.
(c) The Mammoth.
(d) A large river.
2. What made the large bodies of ice move?
(a) Large boats.
(c) Forces of gravity.
3. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) The mastodon were bothering them.
(c) They lacked food.
(d) They missed seeing other people.
4. How high were summer temperatures?
(a) 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) People imported them.
(c) Migration when the continents were connected.
(d) They swam to Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What formed over time?
2. Where was there a protuberance?
3. What is a peninsula?
4. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
5. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)