|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
(a) Only in the winter months.
(c) Only in the summer months.
2. What is a peninsula?
(a) A pathway through the mountains.
(b) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(c) A crater near the water.
(d) An island very close to a large land mass.
3. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
(a) It shifted to become a new continent.
(b) It expanded.
(c) It separated and became an island.
(d) It disappeared, covered by water.
4. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) The mastodon were bothering them.
(b) They lacked food.
(c) It was too cold.
(d) They missed seeing other people.
5. How many Ice Ages were there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the mastadon settle?
2. Where did the family go?
3. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
4. Where was there a protuberance?
5. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)