|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) People imported them.
(c) They swam to Alaska.
(d) Migration when the continents were connected.
2. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the tundra.
(c) In the harsh north.
(d) Along the shoreline.
3. What is a peninsula?
(a) A pathway through the mountains.
(b) An island very close to a large land mass.
(c) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(d) A crater near the water.
4. Where did the Eskimos originate?
5. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(a) Mountains and lakes.
(b) Flat terrain.
(c) A new land bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Varnak's people became known as _________.
2. What were the mastadons' chief enemy?
3. Where did a land bridge form?
4. How many Ice Ages were there?
5. Where was there a protuberance?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)