|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
2. How did animals come to Alaska?
(a) They swam to Alaska.
(c) Migration when the continents were connected.
(d) People imported them.
3. What formed over time?
(b) Ice and snow.
(c) More land bridges.
(d) More islands.
4. What is a peninsula?
(a) A pathway through the mountains.
(b) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(c) A crater near the water.
(d) An island very close to a large land mass.
5. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
(a) Approximately a billion.
(b) Approximately hundred.
(c) Approximately a thousand.
(d) Approximately million.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
2. How many Ice Ages were there?
3. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
4. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
5. What made the large bodies of ice move?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)