|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a peninsula?
(a) An island very close to a large land mass.
(b) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(c) A pathway through the mountains.
(d) A crater near the water.
2. The Pacific Plate collided with the continental plate resulting in the formation of _____________.
(b) Flat terrain.
(c) Mountains and lakes.
(d) A new land bridge.
3. When the plates shifted, how many continents could they have attached to?
4. How large was Beringia?
(a) 100 miles wide.
(b) 600 miles wide.
(c) 6000 miles wide.
(d) 2 miles wide.
5. Where did the family go?
(a) Over to the beach area.
(b) Across the bridge to Alaska.
(c) Up into the mountains.
(d) Out to sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
2. What eventually happened to the land bridge?
3. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
4. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
5. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)