|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a peninsula?
(a) A pathway through the mountains.
(b) A crater near the water.
(c) A piece of land that is connected to the mainland by an isthmus.
(d) An island very close to a large land mass.
2. How large was Beringia?
(a) 600 miles wide.
(b) 100 miles wide.
(c) 6000 miles wide.
(d) 2 miles wide.
3. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) North America and Europe.
(b) Australia and North America.
(c) North America and Asia.
(d) Asia and Europe.
4. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(b) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(d) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
5. Where did the mastadon settle?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Along the shoreline.
(c) In the harsh north.
(d) In the tundra.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
2. What did the Eskimos hunt?
3. How did the little ones learn about their family's move?
4. Which natural force did not contribute to the formation of Alaska?
5. What formed over time?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)