|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mastadon evolved to become _________.
(a) The Mammoth.
(b) A Mountain.
(c) A large river.
(d) An alligator.
2. What animal did they hunt for food and other purposes when they reached their destination?
3. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
4. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It disappeared.
(b) It was the same as in the summer.
(c) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(d) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
5. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
(b) In eastern Alaska.
(c) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
(d) In Siberia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a peninsula?
2. Where did a land bridge form?
3. Varnak's people wandered for how many years?
4. Where did the mastadon settle?
5. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)