|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 683-737.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the remaining islanders survive?
(a) By planting gardens.
(b) By hunting for whales.
(c) By eating berries.
(d) By hunting for mammoth.
2. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
(d) More prospectors.
3. Alaska became what state of the union?
4. What was one of the greatest problems in the miners' camps?
(b) Work ethic.
5. Whom did Nancy marry?
(a) Tom Venn.
(b) Matt Murphy.
(c) Malcolm Ross.
(d) Ah Ting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
2. What did Baranov proclaim as the capital of Russian America?
3. When was the business operational?
4. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
5. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)