|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 683-737.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. When the barriers were removed, animals emigrated between _________.
(a) North America and Europe.
(b) Asia and Europe.
(c) Australia and North America.
(d) North America and Asia.
3. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
(a) Approximately a thousand.
(b) Approximately hundred.
(c) Approximately a billion.
(d) Approximately million.
4. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
(a) A plane.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A horse.
5. What did the Eskimos hunt?
(d) Whales and other sea animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Venns helped rescue survivors of _________.
2. What did they name the new business?
3. Varnak's people became known as _________.
4. Who commissioned Vitus Bering as captain?
5. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)