|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 683-737.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
(a) He opened a branch of a general store.
(b) He went panning for gold.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He set off for the mines.
2. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
(a) In the southern-most section of Alaska.
(b) In Siberia.
(c) In eastern Alaska.
(d) On the western-most strip of Alaska.
3. Who took the people from the island?
(a) Russian tradesmen.
(b) Russian hunters.
(c) Siberian hunters.
(d) Siberian tradesmen.
4. What was Tom Venn 's last year at Pleiades Glacier?
5. How was Elmer injured?
(a) By an attack dog.
(b) By a falling crate.
(c) In a construction accident.
(d) By a Bullet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
2. Whose war ships were spotted near the Aleutians in June of 1942?
3. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
4. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
5. Why did Varnak's family move?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)