|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 683-737.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Carmack's field located?
2. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
(a) Dawson City.
3. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(b) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
(c) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(d) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
4. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) Six days.
5. What did the professors think about the trapping equipment which they had designed?
(a) They thought enough salmon would escape the traps to maintain the salmon population.
(b) They were pleased that the salmon were taken care of.
(c) They were concerned that the equipment was faulty.
(d) They were certain to catch all the salmon in their path.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take to build their ship?
2. Alaska became what state of the union?
3. Who came to Alaska as a result of the Alaskan Code?
4. What was LeRoy's rank after the attack at Pearl Harbor?
5. What did the sun do in the winter?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)