|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 683-737.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Americans in the settlement go for help?
2. Where did a land bridge form?
(a) Between Alaska and Canada.
(b) Between Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
(c) Between Alaska and Asia.
(d) Between Alaska and Australia.
3. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
(a) He was impressed with his honesty.
(b) He found him to be a very practical man.
(c) He admired Baranov's handling of government funds.
(d) He was very critical of his use of government funds.
4. What strengthened the relationship between Rudenko and Baranov?
(a) Working together.
(b) Time in prayer.
(c) Sailing together.
(d) Polar bear hunting.
5. How large was Beringia?
(a) 600 miles wide.
(b) 2 miles wide.
(c) 100 miles wide.
(d) 6000 miles wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was there an ice cap at the North Pole?
2. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
3. Which natural force did not contribute to the formation of Alaska?
4. What happened Ben, the father?
5. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)