|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 683-737.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(b) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(d) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
2. Why were more airstrips appearing in Alaska?
(a) In anticipation of a tourist boom.
(b) In anticipation of increased trade.
(c) The roads for cars were terrible.
(d) In anticipation of United States' entry into the war.
3. How long did it take the family to reach their destination?
(a) Six days.
(b) One day.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
4. Why did Lieutenant Maxim Voronov fly around?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To see where his ancestors had been.
(c) To check out the factories.
(d) To test the safety of the planes.
5. What happened to the shaman who tried to help Cidaq?
(a) Rudenko killed him.
(b) Baranov beat him.
(d) He was sent to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the mastodon?
2. Where was Carmack's field located?
3. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
4. What did Lieutenant Ermelov think of Baranov?
5. Where did Oogruk and his family settle?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)