|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 683-737.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elmer Flatch contribute to the war effort?
(c) Building highways.
(d) Foot soldier.
2. Why did Varnak's family move?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) They missed seeing other people.
(c) The mastodon were bothering them.
(d) They lacked food.
3. What was happening to the fur trade?
(a) It remained constant.
(b) It was disappearing rapidly.
(c) It was very lucrative.
(d) It was opening doors for other types of trading.
4. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) One month.
5. What frequently happened in the hospital tent?
(a) Political debates.
(b) The men were robbed.
(c) The patients received excellent care.
(d) Patients became more ill, not better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was proposed as a new capital of Alaska?
2. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
3. Who were taken from Lapak in 1789?
4. Baranov showed the Tlingits __________.
5. Who came to check out the cannery?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)