|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
(a) To hire him to assassinate someone.
(b) To taunt him while he was in prison.
(c) To ask for his help.
(d) To kill him.
2. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
(a) An Aleut.
(b) Catherine the Great.
(c) The governor.
(d) Tsar Peter.
3. What was Big Ears' new name?
(a) Great One.
4. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
5. When was the Alaskan Code enacted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Custom House revenues at Sitka after the Americans took control of Alaska?
2. When Captain Healy stopped his ship along the Alaskan coast, what did he find in the villages?
3. Who took the people from the island?
4. What was happening to the fur trade?
5. How did the Tlingits respond when they saw the help arrive?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)