|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To emigrate.
(b) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(c) To hunt for whales.
(d) To carry cargo for merchants.
2. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(b) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
(c) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(d) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
3. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
(a) A ship.
(c) An old Cessna airplane.
(d) A store.
4. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) More products for trade.
(b) Fewer products for trade.
(c) Higher shipping costs for users.
(d) Lower shipping costs for users.
5. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
(a) Their own airplane.
(b) A bigger boat.
(c) A larger business.
(d) A road across Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did they decide to build ships?
2. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
3. Why did Trofin got to Okhotsk?
4. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
5. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)