|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
(b) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
(c) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(d) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
2. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) A government program during the Great Depression.
(b) The opening of a school.
(c) The thrill of seeking gold.
(d) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
3. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
4. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
(a) A box for carrying work materials.
(b) A memorial.
(c) A boat.
(d) A wagon.
5. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A horse.
(c) A sled.
(d) A donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
2. Why did Oliver Rowntree go on Ross and Raglan ships?
3. What did Tom think of Marvin Hoxey?
4. What did Tom do after his mother moved in with John Klope?
5. What happened Ben, the father?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)