|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(b) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
(c) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
(d) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
2. What did the lobbyist favor?
(a) Deferment to the senior managers.
(b) International rulings.
(c) Native legislation.
(d) Pro-American legislation.
3. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
(b) Rewarding as they brought in the gold.
(c) Very harsh.
4. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a boarding house.
(c) In a tent city.
(d) In a castle.
5. How many days did it take to build their ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Venns helped rescue survivors of _________.
2. What did others think of the Venns?
3. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
4. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
5. Why did Oliver Rowntree go on Ross and Raglan ships?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)