|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The opening of a school.
(b) A government program during the Great Depression.
(c) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(d) The thrill of seeking gold.
2. What did they make together before going to Dawson City?
(a) A memorial.
(b) A boat.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A box for carrying work materials.
3. What happened Ben, the father?
(a) He was killed in a mining accident.
(b) He died from cholera.
(c) He became a successful business man.
(d) He was killed in a sledding accident.
4. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
(a) A road across Canada.
(b) A larger business.
(c) A bigger boat.
(d) Their own airplane.
5. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To catch the person committing sabotage.
(b) To monitor trading transactions.
(c) To assist Tammy Ting.
(d) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to many of the men during the walk in the Yukon?
2. Where did Tom and his mother live at Lake Bennett?
3. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
4. What type of business did Zhdanko work in?
5. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)