|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the lobbyist favor?
(a) Native legislation.
(b) Deferment to the senior managers.
(c) International rulings.
(d) Pro-American legislation.
2. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
(a) Very harsh.
(b) Rewarding as they brought in the gold.
3. What is cabotage?
(a) When a ship that delivered to a port could not take on cargo and passengers.
(b) When a ship had too many vegetables so they rotted.
(c) When a ship lacked a good supply of vegetables.
(d) When a ship delivered too much cargo at a port.
4. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A sled.
(c) A horse.
(d) A donkey.
5. What was a result of the Jones Act of 1920?
(a) Lower shipping costs for users.
(b) Higher shipping costs for users.
(c) More products for trade.
(d) Fewer products for trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
2. What did others think of the Venns?
3. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
4. Where did Trofin Zhdanko live?
5. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)