|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the sailing trip?
(a) To hunt for whales.
(b) To find out if there was a land bridge.
(c) To carry cargo for merchants.
(d) To emigrate.
2. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
3. What transportation did Sanquq use?
(a) A horse.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A sled.
4. Whom did Zhdanko exchange gifts with when he landed on the island?
(a) Tsar Peter.
(b) The governor.
(c) Catherine the Great.
(d) An Aleut.
5. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It went bankrupt.
(b) It was slowly collapsing.
(c) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
(d) It appeared stagnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to their business?
2. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
3. What did George Washington Carmack find in the Yukon in 1896?
4. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
5. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)