|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The opening of a school.
(b) A government program during the Great Depression.
(c) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
(d) The thrill of seeking gold.
2. Where was Carmack's field located?
3. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
(a) To catch the person committing sabotage.
(b) To assist Oliver Rowntree.
(c) To monitor trading transactions.
(d) To assist Tammy Ting.
4. By 1919, what happened to Ross and Raglan?
(a) It was slowly collapsing.
(b) It appeared stagnant.
(c) It went bankrupt.
(d) It had facilities in most Alaskan cities.
5. Why did Oliver Rowntree go on Ross and Raglan ships?
(a) To navigate them.
(b) To help load and unload.
(c) The monitor trading transactions.
(d) To sabotage them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
2. How many days did it take to build their ship?
3. How long did it take to get to Okhotsk?
4. What did the Venn's use for transportation to Venn's Lode?
5. What did LeRoy buy with the money Matt Murphy left him?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)