|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, pgs. 629 - 683.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life like for the Matanuska settlers?
(b) Very harsh.
(c) Rewarding as they brought in the gold.
2. What brought 295 Minnesotans to Matanuska in 1935?
(a) The thrill of seeking gold.
(b) A government program during the Great Depression.
(c) The opening of a school.
(d) The excitement of fishing for salmon.
3. Trofkins team came from all the countries listed except for __________.
4. How many days did it take to build their ship?
5. What did Tom and his mother do in Dawson City?
(a) They hunted for gold.
(b) They sold furs.
(c) They opened a boarding house.
(d) They opened a tent restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Zhdanko kill?
2. What did Shaffer say they had to build?
3. Where was Carmack's field located?
4. Why did Tsar Peter Romanov want Trofin Zhdanko?
5. Why was Malcolm Venn on board?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)