1. As the book opened, the author addressed land formation from how many years ago?
(a) Approximately million.
(b) Approximately a thousand.
(c) Approximately hundred.
(d) Approximately a billion.
2. Where was there a protuberance?
(a) In the southeast corner of what was to become South America.
(b) In the southeast corner of what was to become Asia.
(c) In the northwest corner of what was to become North America.
(d) In the northwest corner of what was to become Africa.
3. The protuberance would eventually become __________.
4. The landmass appeared to have what type of terrain?
(a) No mountains, trees or other growth.
(b) Lush mountains, trees, and other growth emerge.
(c) A few sparse areas of growth.
(d) A hilly terrain.
5. What did the sun do in the winter?
(a) It stayed low in the sky for six months.
(b) It was the same as in the summer.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) It stayed high in the sky for six months.
This section contains 3,720 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)