Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan keep gas in his car?
2. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
3. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
4. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
5. What does Randy do after returning home with the decoy truck?
Essay Topic 1
Ironically, Edgar starts a bank run and single-handedly destroys the cash and credit he believes civilization needs to survive. He is humiliated and takes his own life because he cannot face it.
1. Do think humiliation could actually cause someone to commit suicide? Why or why not?
2. What do you usually do when you've been humiliated or very embarrassed?
3. What have you learned from times in which you've been humiliated or embarrassed? How would it relate to Edgar?
Essay Topic 2
Bill's nickname is Bigmouth so Randy avoids answering why he buys so much whiskey. Judge Bragg taught him bluffing is okay but lying is not.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement?
2. Do you think there is a difference between "bluffing" and "lying?" Why or why not?
3. Do you think Randy should tell everyone in Ft. Repose the truth instead of trying to hide it?
Essay Topic 3
In times of deprivation, dream fantasies like Randy's coffee and eclairs relieve anxieties associated with desire. The dream is a real Lib and coffee but Randy selflessly asks to be sure everyone gets a ration of the scarce treats.
1. Why do you think Randy is dreaming of coffee and eclairs? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think dreaming or thinking about something you can't have is healthy? Why or why not?
3. How do you think the loss of common everyday items has changed Randy's character? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)