|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan keep gas in his car?
2. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
3. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
4. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
5. What does Randy do after returning home with the decoy truck?
Essay Topic 1
A civilization takes many things for granted but realizes their value only in their absence.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement from the perspective of the book?
2. What do you think people in present day America take for granted?
3. Describe a time that you or someone you knew lost something or someone that/who was taken for granted.
Essay Topic 2
Ben is upset that he shoots what he sees as a wolf but is a pet German Shepherd. Randy consoles Ben that dogs can turn into wolves at times like these.
1. What kind of circumstances do you think might have force the German shepherd into a wild animal?
2. What do you think would keep men from turning from civilized men to murderers and thieves at a time like in this book?
3. Describe another situation besides the one in the book that could make decent people turn bad.
Essay Topic 3
The impact and implication of the nuclear conflict started that early December morning is so extensive the term used to denote it is singular, The Day.
1. Why do you think people call it "The Day" and kept time by before and after it? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What other events have occurred in history that have changed the way time is recorded? How does one of the events relate to "The Day" in this book?
3. Tell about a time in your life or someone you know where you or someone you know thinks of life as "before" and "after."
This section contains 1,936 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)