Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan keep gas in his car?
2. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
3. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
4. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
5. What does Randy do after returning home with the decoy truck?
Essay Topic 1
Alice becomes a learning resource for the community and helps Dan practice hypnosis for anesthesia. When old methods don't work or are not available, new methods for doing essential tasks must be found.
1. Do you think some interesting inventions might come out of this tragedy? Why or why not?
2. What do you think are the most important needs to survive in a world with no medical supplies or electricity? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Ironically, Edgar starts a bank run and single-handedly destroys the cash and credit he believes civilization needs to survive. He is humiliated and takes his own life because he cannot face it.
1. Do think humiliation could actually cause someone to commit suicide? Why or why not?
2. What do you usually do when you've been humiliated or very embarrassed?
3. What have you learned from times in which you've been humiliated or embarrassed? How would it relate to Edgar?
Essay Topic 3
In times of deprivation, dream fantasies like Randy's coffee and eclairs relieve anxieties associated with desire. The dream is a real Lib and coffee but Randy selflessly asks to be sure everyone gets a ration of the scarce treats.
1. Why do you think Randy is dreaming of coffee and eclairs? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you think dreaming or thinking about something you can't have is healthy? Why or why not?
3. How do you think the loss of common everyday items has changed Randy's character? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)