|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wedding present Bill gives Lib and Randy?
2. Why does Dan say the fish haven't been poisoned by radiation?
3. Who is driving Randy when they find the highwaymen?
4. What does Randy wear to his wedding?
5. What does Randy take to town to barter for coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dan and Randy figure out where the illness is coming from?
2. What has Peyton found in the attic and what does Randy say to her?
3. What happens when Malachai stops at the ambush?
4. What are some of the things Randy discovers a few months after the Day, what does he miss and how does he feel?
5. What happens at Dan's office?
6. What does Randy think about the highwaymen after Dan tells him his story?
7. What does Rita say about the highwaymen and what does she do?
8. What does Randy see when the highwaymen ambush him and what does he do?
9. What does Randy decide to do about the highwaymen and what does he put at the bandstand?
10. How does Randy plan to find and battle the highwaymen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The impact and implication of the nuclear conflict started that early December morning is so extensive the term used to denote it is singular, The Day.
1. Why do you think people call it "The Day" and kept time by before and after it? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. What other events have occurred in history that have changed the way time is recorded? How does one of the events relate to "The Day" in this book?
3. Tell about a time in your life or someone you know where you or someone you know thinks of life as "before" and "after."
Essay Topic 2
When Randy meets Mark at McCoy the political situation is bad. The brothers realize they may never see each other again and Randy stops in sorrow on the way home.
1. Why do you think Mark is not coming to Fr. Repose with his family?
2. If you were Mark, would you do what he is doing or would you come to Ft. Repose with your family? Why or why not?
3. How would you feel if you saw a member of your family at an airport and knew you would probably never see that person again?
Essay Topic 3
Edgar Quisenberry is in denial, believing he has enough cash and the bank enough staying power to make it through. Pride and arrogance stop him from limiting withdrawals as his teller suggests.
1. Why do you think someone would withdraw into a delusion when afraid?
2. Describe a time when you or someone you know denied a situation because of fear.
3. Do you think if you had been in the situation when the bombs dropped you might go into denial? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)