Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan keep gas in his car?
2. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
3. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
4. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
5. What does Randy do after returning home with the decoy truck?
Alice becomes a learning resource for the community and helps Dan practice hypnosis for anesthesia. When old methods don't work or are not available, new methods for doing essential tasks must be found.
1. Do you think some interesting inventions might come out of this tragedy? Why or why not?
2. What do you think are the most important needs to survive in a world with no medical supplies or electricity? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
"Alas, Babylon" is from Revelation and signifies impending doom. Mark and Randy agree the previous Christmas that "Alas, Babylon" signifies a potential nuclear confrontation with the Soviet Union.
1. What would be your thoughts if you had been in Randy's position when he received the telegram?
2. Do you think Randy should tell his friends about the telegram? Why or why not?
3. Do you think it is fair for Mark to try and save his family because he is in the position to know about a possible war ahead of time? Why or why not?
Randy dislikes violence and guns but draws his pistol to maintain order and get enough volunteers to bury Porky with his radioactive jewelry. The next change of circumstance alerts him to a lack of authority in Fort Repose.
1. Why do you think people need authority or government in order to behave properly? Use examples from the book and/or your life to support your answer.
2. Do you think from what you know of humans, there will ever be a time a large group of people living together in the same area would not need a form of universal governing? Why or why not?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)