Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan keep gas in his car?
2. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
3. What does Randy decide about the Henrys' hens?
4. What month seems to be one with plenty of food?
5. What does Randy do after returning home with the decoy truck?
Essay Topic 1
They take one prisoner to hang the next day in town. They leave three dead highwaymen to rot on the road as a silent witness that crime in Fort Repose won't pay.
1. Justice has been changed by "The Day." No trials, appeals, etc. just martial law and a swift hanging. Do you think this is good or bad? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think Randy wanted to hang the highwayman instead of just shooting him out on the road?
3. If you had the responsibility that Randy has how would you have handled the problem of highwaymen? Use several examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
A civilization takes many things for granted but realizes their value only in their absence.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement from the perspective of the book?
2. What do you think people in present day America take for granted?
3. Describe a time that you or someone you knew lost something or someone that/who was taken for granted.
Essay Topic 3
Ben is upset that he shoots what he sees as a wolf but is a pet German Shepherd. Randy consoles Ben that dogs can turn into wolves at times like these.
1. What kind of circumstances do you think might have force the German shepherd into a wild animal?
2. What do you think would keep men from turning from civilized men to murderers and thieves at a time like in this book?
3. Describe another situation besides the one in the book that could make decent people turn bad.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)