|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen find three days after the Day?
2. Who was shot during the battle with the highwaymen?
3. Where does Randy get a case of Mason jars?
4. What did Dan follow when going home after his car was taken?
5. Where does Randy find out about Blue Crab Run?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ironically, Edgar starts a bank run and single-handedly destroys the cash and credit he believes civilization needs to survive. He is humiliated and takes his own life because he cannot face it.
1. Do think humiliation could actually cause someone to commit suicide? Why or why not?
2. What do you usually do when you've been humiliated or very embarrassed?
3. What have you learned from times in which you've been humiliated or embarrassed? How would it relate to Edgar?
Essay Topic 2
Bill's nickname is Bigmouth so Randy avoids answering why he buys so much whiskey. Judge Bragg taught him bluffing is okay but lying is not.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement?
2. Do you think there is a difference between "bluffing" and "lying?" Why or why not?
3. Do you think Randy should tell everyone in Ft. Repose the truth instead of trying to hide it?
Essay Topic 3
Crises expose the nature of characters in Fort Repose. Randy and his neighbors on River Road struggle to survive by helping each other make the best of what they have.
1. Why do you think a crisis shows who people really are? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. If you were in a crisis as severe as the one in this book, who in your life would be the best person to have with you? Why?
3. How do you think your behavior would change if something like the crisis in this book occurred?
This section contains 1,920 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)