|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the red baby?
(a) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(b) the sunset when the air is dusty
(c) the red alert flag
(d) a red sunrise
2. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it leads to a long life
(b) it's good for him
(c) it's unhealthy
(d) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
3. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
(a) call the sheriff about Randy
(b) go shopping with her
(c) spend the weekend with her
(d) come to the Western Union office
4. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
5. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
(a) his parents
(b) his grandparents
(c) his brother and sister
(d) his brother Mark
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
2. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
3. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
4. In what month did the Day occur?
5. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is James Cobb and what is he doing for the Air Force?
2. What do Helen and the children want to do when outside and what happens to them?
3. Who barges in on Randy after he returns home from his errands in town and what does she say?
4. What does Dan say about Peyton's eyes and what does he do about them?
5. How does Helen feel about leaving Mark and what is his answer and why does he say it?
6. What wakes Randy in the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
8. Who's the second person to stop in at Randy's house after he returned from town?
9. Who is Florence Wechek and what is discovered about her at the beginning of the book?
10. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)