|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
(a) their birthdays
(b) how they are doing
(c) when they are arriving from Omaha
(d) their social security numbers
2. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) nearly 20,000
(b) less than 10,000
(c) about 3000
(d) less than 5000
3. What does Randy hear on the way home when he leaves Lib's house?
(a) of the bombing attack on Latakia
(b) an old song his father liked
(c) nothing, he doesn't turn on the radio
(d) of the red alert called
4. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
(a) watching Lib drive away
(b) going to sleep
(d) stalking something
5. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(a) the war is over
(c) all is clear
(d) martial law
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
2. Who is Sir Percy?
3. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
4. What does Admiral Hazzard think about Moscow?
5. What does Mark worry the situation in the Middle East is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mark give Randy a check, what might they do with the money and how do they part?
2. What does Randy do when he first arrives at McCoy and what does he see?
3. What does Mark do after his family leaves for Orlando before he reports to work?
4. What does Randy hear on the radio while driving to Orlando?
5. How does Helen feel about leaving Mark and what is his answer and why does he say it?
6. Randy receives a call from Western Union. Who is the telegram from and what does it say and mean?
7. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
8. Who are the Bragg brothers and what are they both doing at the beginning of the book?
9. What do Helen and the children want to do when outside and what happens to them?
10. What does Randy drink in the morning and what does his friend, Dan, say about it?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)