|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
(a) it has collasped
(b) it has burned down
(c) the front window is cracked
(d) it is flooded
2. What does Mark give Randy before saying good-bye?
(a) a warning to get prepared
(b) a copy of his Bible
(c) a check to cash
(d) a hug
3. When does Florence normally wake up?
(a) 5:45 A.M.
(b) 8 A.M.
(c) 10 A.M.
(d) 6:30 AM.
4. Who is Sir Percy?
(a) a yellow cat
(b) a parrot
(c) a canary
(d) a poodle
5. Why does Dan stop by to see Lib?
(a) to ask her on a date
(b) to give her some meds for herself
(c) to talk about her mother
(d) to tell her that her mother has died
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
2. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
3. What are Anthony and Cleo?
4. What does Randy tell Edgar that Mark said about money?
5. What does Mark worry the situation in the Middle East is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Randy receives a call from Western Union. Who is the telegram from and what does it say and mean?
2. What does Randy drink in the morning and what does his friend, Dan, say about it?
3. Who is Florence Wechek and what is discovered about her at the beginning of the book?
4. What do Helen and the children want to do when outside and what happens to them?
5. Why is Alice late meeting Florence and what ultimately happened?
6. What does Randy hear on the radio while driving to Orlando?
7. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
8. What happens when Mark's flight arrives at McCoy?
9. What does Mark do after his family leaves for Orlando before he reports to work?
10. How does Florence know Randy and what does she think of him in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)