|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of books does Kitty Offenhaus tell Alice to remove from the library?
(a) racial ones
(b) anything that is anti-American
(c) subversive and anti-South
(d) anything about sex
2. What is the Saratoga?
(a) moon shuttle
(b) the name of a famous statue in Ft. Repose
(c) an aircraft carrier
(d) the name of Randy's house
3. Why does Randy have to talk to Edgar?
(a) to pay off his mortgage
(b) to date his niece
(c) to withdraw money
(d) to cash Mark's check
4. Who does Randy call because of Peyton?
(d) Dan Gunn
5. What does the government of the United States declare on the radio?
(a) all is clear
(c) martial law
(d) the war is over
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
2. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
3. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
4. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
5. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Randy decide to do about the highwaymen and what does he put at the bandstand?
2. What happens at Dan's office?
3. What does Edgar Quisenberry do and how does he feel about it?
4. What does Randy see when the highwaymen ambush him and what does he do?
5. Who is James Cobb and what is he doing for the Air Force?
6. How does Dan keep his car going and the Admiral's radio working?
7. What's the last thing Randy asks Paul in the book and what does Paul say?
8. What do Helen and the children want to do when outside and what happens to them?
9. What happens to Ben the night Dan is robbed?
10. What happens to the frozen food at Randy's and what do they decide to do about it?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)