|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark want his family to leave?
(a) he wants them to see Randy
(b) he wants them to have a vacation
(c) he's too busy to deal with them
(d) they live in a primary target area
2. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) it would be good for raising children
(b) it's a good place for him
(c) he's wasting himself
(d) he should run for mayor
3. What does Randy's friend, Dan, say about him drinking for breakfast?
(a) it will keep him from becoming an alcoholic
(b) it leads to a long life
(c) it's good for him
(d) it's unhealthy
4. What does Ben ask Randy?
(a) why there is no mushroom cloud
(b) where his father might be
(c) where the lights are located
(d) if they are going to die
5. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
(a) Dan Dunn
(b) Jerry Kling
(c) Edgar Quisenberry
Short Answer Questions
1. What two cities near Randy's town are hit by nuclear blasts?
2. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
3. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
4. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
5. What does Randy tell Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mark do after his family leaves for Orlando before he reports to work?
2. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
3. Where does Randy find Dan and what happens?
4. Who is James Cobb and what is he doing for the Air Force?
5. Who are the Bragg brothers and what are they both doing at the beginning of the book?
6. Why does Mark give Randy a check, what might they do with the money and how do they part?
7. What happens at the bank when it gets low on money and what does Edgar do about it?
8. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
9. Who's the second person to stop in at Randy's house after he returned from town?
10. What does Helen ask Admiral Hazzard and why?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)