Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) for a book club
(b) to help out at the animal shelter
(c) to have lunch together
(d) to knit clothes for infants
2. What does Randy take with him when he goes to town in Chapter 4?
(a) extra gas cans
(c) his family book of history
(d) his dog
3. What does Florence ask Alice to do?
(a) call the sheriff about Randy
(b) go shopping with her
(c) spend the weekend with her
(d) come to the Western Union office
4. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
(a) Jerry Kling
(b) Dan Dunn
(d) Edgar Quisenberry
5. What does Randy think about the front of the McGoverns' house?
(a) not enough windows
(b) too much glass for Florida
(c) it's beautiful
(d) it's too big
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy warn Florence and Alice about as they leave for town?
2. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
3. What does Randy think of Florence?
4. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
5. What is the red baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the frozen food at Randy's and what do they decide to do about it?
2. What does Randy decide to do about the highwaymen and what does he put at the bandstand?
3. Why is Alice late meeting Florence and what ultimately happened?
4. What does "the Day" designate and how important is it to the people of Ft. Repose?
5. What's the last thing Randy asks Paul in the book and what does Paul say?
6. What is Dan using for antiseptic and for anesthetic?
7. What does Bill McGovern say to Randy about his warning from Mark?
8. How does Dan keep his car going and the Admiral's radio working?
9. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
10. Who asks Randy for permission to make corn whiskey and what does he need?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)