|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lavinia when Randy arrives at the McGoverns' house after the Day?
(a) sitting on the front porch
(b) medicated in bed
(c) in the garden
(d) on the lake
2. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
(a) to buy bourbon and scotch
(b) to get some drugs
(c) to order some flowers for Helen
(d) to get a lottery ticket
3. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a code that means all is well
(c) a saying from Treasure Island
(d) a code that means war might be starting
4. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) things were cheaper
(b) there was no war
(c) things were more simple
(d) there was no pollution
5. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
(a) watching Lib drive away
(b) going to sleep
(d) stalking something
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben ask Randy?
2. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
3. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
4. When does Florence normally wake up?
5. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is James Cobb and what is he doing for the Air Force?
2. Why does Mark give Randy a check, what might they do with the money and how do they part?
3. What kind of encounter does Randy have with Florence and Alice after he is alone the evening of his errands to town?
4. What does the announcement from the Acting Chief Executive tell the people of Ft. Repose?
5. What wakes Randy in the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. What does Bill McGovern say to Randy about his warning from Mark?
7. What does "the Day" designate and how important is it to the people of Ft. Repose?
8. Randy receives a call from Western Union. Who is the telegram from and what does it say and mean?
9. Who barges in on Randy after he returns home from his errands in town and what does she say?
10. Where does Randy find Dan and what happens?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)