|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
(a) the children fighting
(b) long deep rumble
(c) Helen screaming
(d) Florence yelling at his dog
2. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) the bombs are bigger
(b) the bombs can't be tracked
(c) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
(d) a tactical method called time-on-target
3. What does Dan do when Randy tells him about Mark's premonition?
(a) gets drunk
(b) kills himself
(c) writes war prescriptions
(d) decides to go to the city and get surgigal instruments
4. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) Randy's uncle
(b) president of the bank
(c) owns the grocery store
(d) a general in the Air Force
5. What does Mark propose to General Hawker at five in the morning?
(a) they try to call Russia
(b) they try to call the President
(c) they send out the bombs
(d) the weapons be released
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy decide to tell Alice and Florence?
2. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
3. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
4. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
5. How many supermarket carts does Randy fill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Randy find Dan and what happens?
2. Who barges in on Randy after he returns home from his errands in town and what does she say?
3. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
4. What wakes Randy in the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What do Helen and the children want to do when outside and what happens to them?
6. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
7. What does Dan say about Peyton's eyes and what does he do about them?
8. What happens at the bank when it gets low on money and what does Edgar do about it?
9. What does Randy do when he first arrives at McCoy and what does he see?
10. Where does Randy go after he leaves the grocery store and what does he do?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)