|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
(a) Western Union
(d) no one
2. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
(a) hitting his car with hers
(b) her full lips
(c) dropping her groceries
(d) her long legs
3. What is the red baby?
(a) the red alert flag
(b) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
(c) a red sunrise
(d) the sunset when the air is dusty
4. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
(a) the light has blinded her
(b) she's afraid
(c) she slipped on the porch
(d) the dog scared her
5. What does James Cobb fire at from his plane?
(b) an air torpedo
(c) a machine gun
(d) a sidewinder
Short Answer Questions
1. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
2. Why does Randy stop at Bill Cullen's?
3. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
4. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
5. What did the Russians launch at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
2. Where does Randy find Dan and what happens?
3. Who's the second person to stop in at Randy's house after he returned from town?
4. Why is Alice late meeting Florence and what ultimately happened?
5. How does Helen feel about leaving Mark and what is his answer and why does he say it?
6. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
7. What does Randy do when he first arrives at McCoy and what does he see?
8. What does Dan say about Peyton's eyes and what does he do about them?
9. What does Mark do after his family leaves for Orlando before he reports to work?
10. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)