|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
(a) leaves his family with Randy
(b) asks to spend time alone with Randy
(c) he talks to Paul and Randy
(d) switches planes
2. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) for a book club
(b) to knit clothes for infants
(c) to help out at the animal shelter
(d) to have lunch together
3. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
(a) into Egypt
(b) into Israel
(c) across the Jordan border
(d) into Iraq
4. What is the red baby?
(a) the red alert flag
(b) the sunset when the air is dusty
(c) a red sunrise
(d) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
5. What does Lib think about Randy living in Ft. Repose?
(a) he's wasting himself
(b) it's a good place for him
(c) it would be good for raising children
(d) he should run for mayor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
2. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
3. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
4. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
5. What does Helen ask Randy about Offutt Field?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Florence Wechek and what is discovered about her at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens in the "Hole" when General Hawker returns and talks with Mark?
3. What does Dan say about Peyton's eyes and what does he do about them?
4. Where does Randy go after he leaves the grocery store and what does he do?
5. What does Helen ask Admiral Hazzard and why?
6. What kind of encounter does Randy have with Florence and Alice after he is alone the evening of his errands to town?
7. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
8. What happens at the bank when it gets low on money and what does Edgar do about it?
9. What does the announcement from the Acting Chief Executive tell the people of Ft. Repose?
10. Why does Mark give Randy a check, what might they do with the money and how do they part?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)