|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she thinks Florence needs support
(b) she is bored
(c) she looked up Alas, Babylon
(d) her husband is out of town
2. In what month did the Day occur?
3. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) there was no pollution
(b) things were cheaper
(c) things were more simple
(d) there was no war
4. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
(a) the front window is cracked
(b) it has collasped
(c) it has burned down
(d) it is flooded
5. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
(a) at Florence's
(b) at the river
(c) at a scenic overlook
(d) at Lib's
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Florence normally wake up?
2. What is Randy given for Peyton?
3. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
4. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
5. How do Lib's parents feel about Randy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Bragg brothers and what are they both doing at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is Florence Wechek and what is discovered about her at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
4. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
5. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
6. Why is Alice late meeting Florence and what ultimately happened?
7. What wakes Randy in the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. Who's the second person to stop in at Randy's house after he returned from town?
9. Where does Randy go after he leaves the grocery store and what does he do?
10. What happens in the "Hole" when General Hawker returns and talks with Mark?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)