|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
(a) his brother and sister
(b) his parents
(c) his grandparents
(d) his brother Mark
2. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) owns the grocery store
(b) a general in the Air Force
(c) Randy's uncle
(d) president of the bank
3. Who does Randy call because of Peyton?
(b) Dan Gunn
4. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
(a) stalking something
(b) going to sleep
(d) watching Lib drive away
5. What does Mark tell Randy about his family?
(a) when they are arriving from Omaha
(b) their birthdays
(c) how they are doing
(d) their social security numbers
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
2. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
3. What does Paul say about the personnel at McCoy?
4. What does Mark give Randy before saying good-bye?
5. What does Mark propose to General Hawker at five in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
2. What happens when Mark's flight arrives at McCoy?
3. What happens in the "Hole" when General Hawker returns and talks with Mark?
4. What wakes Randy in the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What happens at the bank when it gets low on money and what does Edgar do about it?
6. What kind of encounter does Randy have with Florence and Alice after he is alone the evening of his errands to town?
7. What do Helen and the children want to do when outside and what happens to them?
8. Where does Randy find Dan and what happens?
9. What does Randy hear on the radio while driving to Orlando?
10. Randy receives a call from Western Union. Who is the telegram from and what does it say and mean?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)