|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
(a) gives him a tip
(c) gives him cash and tells him about Mark's fears
(d) tells him to gather his family and move
2. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
(a) into Israel
(b) across the Jordan border
(c) into Egypt
(d) into Iraq
3. What does Admiral Hazzard have for news?
(a) a police scanner
(b) a short-wave radio
(c) a navy field phone
(d) a military telephone
4. What does Mark worry the situation in the Middle East is?
(a) a stupid mistake
(b) the President with a secret agenda
(c) a fabricated falsehood
(d) an excuse for war
5. What does Admiral Hazzard think about Moscow?
(a) that our bombs missed it
(b) that it was hit by the Chinese
(c) that it is half gone
(d) that the city is gone
Short Answer Questions
1. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
2. Who is Sir Percy?
3. What does Washington D.C. say about the explosion in the Middle East?
4. What kind of books does Kitty Offenhaus tell Alice to remove from the library?
5. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
2. What happens in the "Hole" when General Hawker returns and talks with Mark?
3. What kind of illness in town worries Dan and who seems to have it?
4. Who barges in on Randy after he returns home from his errands in town and what does she say?
5. Randy receives a call from Western Union. Who is the telegram from and what does it say and mean?
6. How does Dan keep his car going and the Admiral's radio working?
7. What happens to the Admiral's shortwave and what can be done about it?
8. Why does Mark give Randy a check, what might they do with the money and how do they part?
9. How does Randy plan to find and battle the highwaymen?
10. Where does Randy find Dan and what happens?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)