|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Randy warn Florence and Alice about as they leave for town?
(a) too many people at the gas station
(b) convicts on the road with rifles
(c) no food at the grocery store
2. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
(a) that he's an alcoholic
(b) that he's moving to New York
(c) that he received a strange telegram
(d) that he's a peeping tom
3. What does Randy think about the front of the McGoverns' house?
(a) it's too big
(b) too much glass for Florida
(c) it's beautiful
(d) not enough windows
4. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
(a) nearly 20,000
(b) less than 10,000
(c) about 3000
(d) less than 5000
5. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
(a) like a bad woman
(c) like a deserter
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
2. How does McCoy Airbase seem to Randy?
3. What does Mark tell Helen to do?
4. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
5. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edgar Quisenberry do and how does he feel about it?
2. What does the announcement from the Acting Chief Executive tell the people of Ft. Repose?
3. What does "the Day" designate and how important is it to the people of Ft. Repose?
4. What wakes Randy in the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What happens when Mark's flight arrives at McCoy?
6. What does Mark do after his family leaves for Orlando before he reports to work?
7. Randy receives a call from Western Union. Who is the telegram from and what does it say and mean?
8. What does Randy hear on the radio while driving to Orlando?
9. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
10. What does Helen ask Admiral Hazzard and why?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)