|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) Randy's uncle
(b) owns the grocery store
(c) a general in the Air Force
(d) president of the bank
2. Who does Randy call because of Peyton?
(c) Dan Gunn
3. What does Lib tell Randy when she comes over after he gets home from the store?
(a) he is a little dumb, but nice
(b) she has made a decision about him
(c) she likes his dog
(d) she wants to set him up on a blind date
4. What is the red baby?
(a) a red sunrise
(b) the sunset when the air is dusty
(c) the red alert flag
(d) a bomb carrier that guides itself to a target.
5. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
(a) coffee and biscuits
(b) toast and tea
(c) orange juice and eggs
(d) she doesn't eat breakfast
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan stop by to see Lib?
2. What does Randy tell Helen and the children when they join him outside?
3. In what month did the Day occur?
4. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
5. What does Randy hear when he is awakened from his bed shaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James Cobb do when ordered to go after a bogy?
2. What wakes Randy in the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does Randy decide to do about the highwaymen and what does he put at the bandstand?
4. What does Bill McGovern say to Randy about his warning from Mark?
5. What does "the Day" designate and how important is it to the people of Ft. Repose?
6. What does the announcement from the Acting Chief Executive tell the people of Ft. Repose?
7. What are some of the things Randy discovers a few months after the Day, what does he miss and how does he feel?
8. What is the problem the community is having with salt and fish?
9. How do they take care of Porky Logan's body?
10. What has Peyton found in the attic and what does Randy say to her?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)