|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice say Randy is doing?
(a) stalking something
(b) watching Lib drive away
(d) going to sleep
2. What does Randy warn Florence and Alice about as they leave for town?
(a) no food at the grocery store
(c) too many people at the gas station
(d) convicts on the road with rifles
3. What does Bill McGovern call Randy when he goes in the living room?
(a) a psychic
(b) a bastard
(c) an idiot
(d) a local Paul Revere
4. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
(b) no one
(d) Western Union
5. What do Florence and Alice see Randy do after Lib leaves?
(a) go to bed
(b) climb a tree
(c) sit on the porch
(d) move slowly across their lawn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence tell Alice about Randy?
2. What does Randy tell Mark?
3. How many residents does Ft. Repose have?
4. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
5. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of encounter does Randy have with Florence and Alice after he is alone the evening of his errands to town?
2. What does Bill McGovern say to Randy about his warning from Mark?
3. What does Helen ask Admiral Hazzard and why?
4. How does Helen feel about leaving Mark and what is his answer and why does he say it?
5. Where does Randy go after he leaves the grocery store and what does he do?
6. How does Florence know Randy and what does she think of him in the beginning of the book?
7. What does Randy do when he first arrives at McCoy and what does he see?
8. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
9. Who is Florence Wechek and what is discovered about her at the beginning of the book?
10. What happens at the bank when it gets low on money and what does Edgar do about it?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)