|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(b) truck driver
(d) Western Union manager
2. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
(a) no one
(b) Lieutenant Baker
(d) Lieutenant Colonel Paul Hart
3. What does Randy remember when he wakes in Chapter Four?
(a) that he's suppose to call his brother
(b) more things he needs to buy
(c) that Helen is coming that day
(d) that he hasn't seen Lib
4. Why do Helen and Randy decide to go to Admiral Hazzard's house?
(a) to see if he wants to move in with them
(b) to see if he is okay
(c) to see if he has any guns
(d) to see if he has any information
5. How does Helen feel when she leaves Mark?
(a) like a bad woman
(c) like a deserter
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Missouri?
2. When was the First National Bank in Ft. Repose built?
3. What kind of music does Florence like to listen to?
4. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
5. What has happened to the McGoverns' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Randy drink in the morning and what does his friend, Dan, say about it?
2. What does the announcement from the Acting Chief Executive tell the people of Ft. Repose?
3. Who barges in on Randy after he returns home from his errands in town and what does she say?
4. What does Randy do when he first arrives at McCoy and what does he see?
5. Who is James Cobb and what is he doing for the Air Force?
6. What does James Cobb do when ordered to go after a bogy?
7. What does "the Day" designate and how important is it to the people of Ft. Repose?
8. Who is Florence Wechek and what is discovered about her at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Edgar Quisenberry do and how does he feel about it?
10. What happens at the bank when it gets low on money and what does Edgar do about it?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)