|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen ask Randy about Offutt Field?
(a) if he thinks Mark was there
(b) if he thinks it wasn't hit
(c) if he thinks that's the new capitol
(d) if the acting president might be there
2. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
(a) across the Jordan border
(b) into Israel
(c) into Iraq
(d) into Egypt
3. Who were Randy's parents?
(a) Mildred and Daniel
(b) Gertrude and Judge Bragg
(c) Gertrude and Bill Houston
(d) he doesn't know who his parents are
4. Why does Dan stop by to see Lib?
(a) to tell her that her mother has died
(b) to talk about her mother
(c) to give her some meds for herself
(d) to ask her on a date
5. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) owns the grocery store
(b) president of the bank
(c) a general in the Air Force
(d) Randy's uncle
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
2. What does Randy think of Florence?
3. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
4. How old is Randy?
5. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Randy go after he left the bank and what did he do?
2. How does Florence know Randy and what does she think of him in the beginning of the book?
3. What does James Cobb do when ordered to go after a bogy?
4. What does Randy do when he first arrives at McCoy and what does he see?
5. What does Randy think of Florence at the beginning of the book?
6. What happens when Mark's flight arrives at McCoy?
7. Where does Randy find Dan and what happens?
8. Who is Florence Wechek and what is discovered about her at the beginning of the book?
9. Randy receives a call from Western Union. Who is the telegram from and what does it say and mean?
10. What do Helen and the children want to do when outside and what happens to them?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)