|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two essential services were lost from the power failure?
(a) planes and telephones
(b) automobiles and trains
(c) television and radio
(d) loss of heat and running water
2. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
(a) no one
(b) Lieutenant Colonel Paul Hart
(c) Lieutenant Baker
3. What does Randy buy from Pete Hernandez for two hundred dollars?
(a) twenty pounds of salt
(b) four hams
(c) a hundred candles
(d) five jars of jam
4. What does Conelrad say people should do for water?
(a) boil drinking water
(b) use swimming pools
(c) use the river
(d) Red Cross trucks are bringing it in
5. What does Randy remember when he wakes in Chapter Four?
(a) that he's suppose to call his brother
(b) that Helen is coming that day
(c) more things he needs to buy
(d) that he hasn't seen Lib
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
2. From where did they get candy for the children in Chapter 10?
3. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
4. What does Randy think about the front of the McGoverns' house?
5. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)