|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a saying from Treasure Island
(c) a code that means all is well
(d) a code that means war might be starting
2. What is Randy dreaming about as he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) a hotel in Miami
(b) the bombs dropped on the day
(c) his father
(d) his brother
3. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) things were cheaper
(b) things were more simple
(c) there was no war
(d) there was no pollution
4. What does Admiral Hazzard have for news?
(a) a short-wave radio
(b) a military telephone
(c) a navy field phone
(d) a police scanner
5. Who is Edgar Quisenberry?
(a) president of the bank
(b) owns the grocery store
(c) Randy's uncle
(d) a general in the Air Force
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
2. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
3. What kind of music does Florence like to listen to?
4. What kind of books does Kitty Offenhaus tell Alice to remove from the library?
5. What happened at Dan's office?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)