|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Edgar dislike Randy's father?
(a) he humiliated him in a poker game
(b) he dated Edgar's wife before they were married
(c) he put his money in the other bank in town
(d) he lost a lot of money
2. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
(a) at the library
(b) at the gas station
(c) at the police station
(d) at the post office
3. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) for a book club
(b) to have lunch together
(c) to help out at the animal shelter
(d) to knit clothes for infants
4. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a code that means all is well
(b) a code that means war might be starting
(c) a saying from Treasure Island
5. How do Russia and NATO feel about the Mediterranean?
(a) it has no real value
(b) it needs to be divided up
(c) it's too rich
(d) it's strategically critical
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Randy stop on his way home from town?
2. Why does Peyton scream when they see another light?
3. Who is Sir Percy?
4. Who kills himself the day the bombs are dropped?
5. What does Randy see when he goes outside after being shaken awake?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)