|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Russians launch at the beginning of the book?
(a) a research robot bound for Mars
(b) a space shuttle
(c) a Sputnik spy satellite
2. How does McCoy Airbase seem to Randy?
(b) cold and scary
(c) busier than usual
(d) hot and dusty
3. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(b) a code that means all is well
(c) a saying from Treasure Island
(d) a code that means war might be starting
4. Why does Randy think the period between 1870 and 1914 was wonderful?
(a) there was no pollution
(b) there was no war
(c) things were more simple
(d) things were cheaper
5. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) the bombs can't be tracked
(b) the bombs are bigger
(c) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
(d) a tactical method called time-on-target
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben ask Randy?
2. What is the Saratoga?
3. What holiday do the children believe they are spending in Florida?
4. What has been declared on the radio?
5. What does Dan do when Randy tells him about Mark's premonition?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)