|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Florence and Alice meet on Fridays?
(a) to have lunch together
(b) to knit clothes for infants
(c) for a book club
(d) to help out at the animal shelter
2. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she looked up Alas, Babylon
(b) she thinks Florence needs support
(c) she is bored
(d) her husband is out of town
3. What does Randy remember about meeting Elizabeth McGovern?
(a) her full lips
(b) her long legs
(c) dropping her groceries
(d) hitting his car with hers
4. What has been declared on the radio?
(a) a holiday
(b) a message from the president is coming
(c) a red alert
(d) nothing, it's dead
5. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) the bombs are bigger
(b) a tactical method called time-on-target
(c) the bombs can't be tracked
(d) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Randy see lines of cars as he drives into town?
2. What does Mark propose to General Hawker at five in the morning?
3. Who is Sir Percy?
4. Why does Randy have to talk to Edgar?
5. What does Randy do when Malachai helps him load the car?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)