|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a saying from Treasure Island
(b) a code that means war might be starting
(c) a code that means all is well
2. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
(a) there is no way to stop the bomber planes
(b) the bombs can't be tracked
(c) a tactical method called time-on-target
(d) the bombs are bigger
3. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(a) truck driver
(c) Western Union manager
4. Where does the Secretary of State fly for conferences to try and avoid a war?
(c) New York
5. What does Randy tell Mark?
(a) he should leave for Omaha
(b) he thinks Mark is a total idiot
(c) he should stay in Florida
(d) he will take good care of Mark's family
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Randy wearing as he stands outside with his binoculars?
2. When does Florence normally wake up?
3. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
4. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
5. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)