|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence Wechek do for work?
(c) Western Union manager
(d) truck driver
2. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
(a) Lieutenant Colonel Paul Hart
(b) Lieutenant Baker
(d) no one
3. What does Randy tell Mark?
(a) he should leave for Omaha
(b) he will take good care of Mark's family
(c) he thinks Mark is a total idiot
(d) he should stay in Florida
4. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a saying from Treasure Island
(c) a code that means all is well
(d) a code that means war might be starting
5. Why does Alice agree to Florence's request?
(a) she thinks Florence needs support
(b) she is bored
(c) her husband is out of town
(d) she looked up Alas, Babylon
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Randy's parents?
2. What does Mark do when he arrives at McCoy?
3. Who shares the income from family holdings with Randy?
4. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
5. What is a significant difference between war a few years ago and now?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)