|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Missouri?
(a) Randy's maid and neighbor
(b) Florence's housemate
(c) a school teacher
(d) Randy's girlfriend
2. What kind of daily routine does Florence have?
(a) one that changes on Mondays and Thursdays
(b) a chaotic one
(c) one that does not vary
(d) she has no routine
3. What did the Russians launch at the beginning of the book?
(b) a Sputnik spy satellite
(c) a research robot bound for Mars
(d) a space shuttle
4. What kind of music does Florence like to listen to?
(b) easy listening
(d) country music
5. What does "Alas, Babylon" mean to Randy?
(a) a code that means all is well
(c) a saying from Treasure Island
(d) a code that means war might be starting
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Randy ask for at McCoy Air Base?
2. Where do Syrian tanks go near the beginning of the book?
3. What does Florence eat for breakfast?
4. Who calls Randy on the morning when the book begins?
5. What does Randy tell Mark?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)