|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mattaman try to do for the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
2. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
3. What does Moose do for Natalie the day before her interview?
4. Why does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz get angry?
5. What does Moose do with his father that makes him feel grown up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
2. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
3. How does Moose get his convict ball?
4. What is Moose asked to do the day before Natalie's interview, and why?
5. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
6. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
7. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
8. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
9. What are convict balls?
10. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What directions did Moose get from the warden, and what was so ironic in these instructions?
Essay Topic 3
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)