|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is startling to Moose about 105?
2. Who decides how the laundry money should be divided?
3. Who is invited to the family party by Mother?
4. Where does Mother read about Esther P. Marinoff?
5. What does Moose do with his father that makes him feel grown up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moose get his convict ball?
2. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
3. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
4. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
5. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
6. What are convict balls?
7. What is Moose asked to do the day before Natalie's interview, and why?
8. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
9. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
10. What is Natalie's interview for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What directions did Moose get from the warden, and what was so ironic in these instructions?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)