|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
2. How is Moose punished by his father?
3. How does Moose describe the meeting with 105?
4. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
5. What is demanded of Moose before he can get into his apartment after finding the convict ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
2. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
3. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
4. What is Moose asked to do the day before Natalie's interview, and why?
5. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
6. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
7. How does Moose get his convict ball?
8. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
9. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
10. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
How did people respond to Natalie's disability, and why do you think there was such a difference in these responses?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)