|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Moose tell while walking someone home from the party?
2. How does Mother feel about Natalie's interview?
3. What makes Scout stop hanging out with Piper?
4. How does Moose describe the meeting with 105?
5. Why does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz get angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
2. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
3. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
4. What does Mrs. Capone do on the boat that is so surprising?
5. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
6. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
7. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
8. What are convict balls?
9. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
10. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Choldenko have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
How did people respond to Natalie's disability, and why do you think there was such a difference in these responses?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)