|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 105?
2. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
3. Why does Natalie fall asleep while outside with Moose one day?
4. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
5. What does Moose's father get angry with his wife about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
2. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
3. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
4. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
5. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
6. What are convict balls?
7. How do Moose and Scout get over their fight about the game night?
8. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
9. What does Mrs. Capone do on the boat that is so surprising?
10. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Choldenko have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)