|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natalie say over and over when Moose comes back from looking for a convict ball?
2. How is Moose punished by his father?
3. Where does Natalie have an interview?
4. What makes Scout mad at Moose?
5. Why does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz get angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
2. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
3. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
4. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
5. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
6. What is Moose asked to do the day before Natalie's interview, and why?
7. What does Mrs. Capone do on the boat that is so surprising?
8. What are convict balls?
9. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
10. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 2
Moose and Scout both have similar relationships with their parents, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships, and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)