|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moose start refusing to let Natalie out of the apartment?
2. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
3. Why does Natalie fall asleep while outside with Moose one day?
4. What does Mrs. Mattaman try to do for the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
5. Who interrupts Scout and Piper when they are talking about the games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
2. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
3. What are convict balls?
4. How does Moose get his convict ball?
5. What does Mrs. Capone do on the boat that is so surprising?
6. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
7. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
8. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
9. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
10. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Moose move to Alcatraz, and what changed in his life due to this move?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)