|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints the kids who paid for Piper's laundry service?
2. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
3. What is 105?
4. What shows Moose that Natalie is maturing during the party?
5. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
2. What are convict balls?
3. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
4. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
5. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
6. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
7. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
8. What is Natalie's interview for?
9. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
10. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)