|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sickness does Moose have a lot of while on Alcatraz?
2. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
3. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
4. What do Moose and Scout do at lunchtime?
5. What does Moose slip under to look for convict balls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
2. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
3. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
4. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
5. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
6. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
7. How do Moose and Scout get over their fight about the game night?
8. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
9. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
10. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Choldenko have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)