|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moose describe the meeting with 105?
2. Why does Jimmy come to the family party?
3. What does Moose do for Natalie the day before her interview?
4. Where does Mother read about Esther P. Marinoff?
5. Who does Moose walk home from the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
2. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
3. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
4. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
5. How does Moose get his convict ball?
6. What are convict balls?
7. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
8. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
9. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
10. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Moose move to Alcatraz, and what changed in his life due to this move?
Essay Topic 3
How did people respond to Natalie's disability, and why do you think there was such a difference in these responses?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)