|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moose calm Natalie when she stops playing with her buttons?
2. What disappoints the kids who paid for Piper's laundry service?
3. Who changed the day of the baseball games?
4. Who decides how the laundry money should be divided?
5. Where does Natalie have an interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
2. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
3. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
4. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
5. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
6. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
7. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
8. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
9. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
10. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Choldenko have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)