|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Piper want to sign a ball for her?
2. Why does Moose start refusing to let Natalie out of the apartment?
3. How did Natalie find 105?
4. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
5. What language does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
2. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
3. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
4. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
5. What does Mrs. Capone do on the boat that is so surprising?
6. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
7. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
8. What are convict balls?
9. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
10. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were the roles of women different in the time of this book than they are now, and how did the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Moose and Scout both have similar relationships with their parents, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships, and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)