|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moose calm Natalie when she stops playing with her buttons?
2. How was the laundry scheme discovered?
3. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
4. Who intervenes in the argument after the party?
5. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
2. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
3. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
4. What made Mrs. Capone so upset as she was going to Alcatraz?
5. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
6. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
7. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
8. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
9. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
10. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 2
What directions did Moose get from the warden, and what was so ironic in these instructions?
Essay Topic 3
How were the roles of women different in the time of this book than they are now, and how did the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)