|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides how the laundry money should be divided?
2. What does Moose's father get angry with his wife about?
3. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
4. What happens to Natalie's buttons at the dock?
5. What is startling to Moose about 105?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Mrs. Capone so upset as she was going to Alcatraz?
2. How do Moose and Scout get over their fight about the game night?
3. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
4. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
5. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
6. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
7. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
8. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
9. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
10. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
How were the roles of women different in the time of this book than they are now, and how did the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
Essay Topic 3
What directions did Moose get from the warden, and what was so ironic in these instructions?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)