|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What embarrasses Moose at the family party?
2. Who decides how the laundry money should be divided?
3. Who intervenes in the argument after the party?
4. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
5. What does Theresa sneak with her when she goes to see the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Capone do on the boat that is so surprising?
2. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
3. How do Moose and Scout get over their fight about the game night?
4. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
5. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
6. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
7. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
8. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
9. What is Moose asked to do the day before Natalie's interview, and why?
10. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were the roles of women different in the time of this book than they are now, and how did the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Moose move to Alcatraz, and what changed in his life due to this move?
Essay Topic 3
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)