|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are convict balls so rare?
2. Who does Natalie specifically ask for at the family party?
3. What is startling to Moose about 105?
4. What does Theresa sneak with her when she goes to see the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
5. Why does Jimmy come to the family party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
2. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
3. What made Mrs. Capone so upset as she was going to Alcatraz?
4. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
5. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
6. What are convict balls?
7. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
8. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
9. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
10. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 2
How did people respond to Natalie's disability, and why do you think there was such a difference in these responses?
Essay Topic 3
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)