|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children threatened with when the laundry scheme is discovered?
2. What does Moose slip under to look for convict balls?
3. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
4. What does Natalie do when something happens to her buttons at the dock?
5. Who makes Natalie want to see 105?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Moose and Scout get over their fight about the game night?
2. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
3. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
4. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
5. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
6. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
7. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
8. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
9. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
10. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
How did Moose go about trying to fit in, and what affect did this have on his personality?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)