|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moose like to play with his father?
2. What does Moose talk about with students when he can't think of what to say?
3. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
4. What unique skill does Natalie have?
5. How does Natalie walk on the way to her new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alcatraz?
2. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
3. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
4. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
5. Why does Natalie start spending more time with Moose after working with her therapist?
6. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
7. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
8. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
9. What is the box of buttons for?
10. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did Moose go about trying to fit in, and what affect did this have on his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)