|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
2. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
3. What does the warden talk about with Moose in their meeting?
4. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
5. Why is Natalie not allowed to stay at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
2. How does Piper plan to make money off of the kids at her new school?
3. Why did Moose's mom want to move so badly?
4. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
5. What is Alcatraz?
6. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
7. What is wrong with Natalie?
8. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
9. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
10. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moose and Scout both have similar relationships with their parents, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships, and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)