|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Natalie get in her swimsuit?
2. What does Mr. Purdy tell Moose?
3. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
4. What unique skill does Natalie have?
5. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
2. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
3. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
4. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
5. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
6. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
7. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
8. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
9. What is the box of buttons for?
10. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What role did 105 play in this plot, and what message do you think the author was trying to send by including him in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)