|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piper pressure Moose to do?
2. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
3. Where will Moose be attending school?
4. What does Piper charge for her services?
5. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
2. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
3. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
4. How does Natalie's family get her to school?
5. What is wrong with Natalie?
6. What does Moose hope to find outside of where the convicts play ball?
7. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
8. What is Alcatraz?
9. What is the box of buttons for?
10. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Moose move to Alcatraz, and what changed in his life due to this move?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)