|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
2. What kind of things has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
3. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
4. What does Piper charge for her services?
5. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Moose's mom want to move so badly?
2. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
3. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
4. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
5. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
6. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
7. What does Piper do when she first meets Moose?
8. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
9. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
10. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 2
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)