|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Natalie in reality?
2. How does Piper plan to make money from her school students?
3. Who distracts Natalie to get her to her new school?
4. Where does Natalie meet with her therapist?
5. What does Natalie's therapist want taken away from Natalie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the box of buttons for?
2. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
3. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
4. Why does Natalie have to come home from school?
5. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
6. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
7. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
8. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
9. How does Piper plan to make money off of the kids at her new school?
10. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)