|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piper threaten Moose when they first meet?
2. How old is Moose at the beginning of the book?
3. Where do the inmates play ball?
4. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
5. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Piper do when she first meets Moose?
2. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
3. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
4. How does Piper plan to make money off of the kids at her new school?
5. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
6. What does Moose at the last day of school, and what does it mean?
7. What is the box of buttons for?
8. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
9. What embarrasses Moose on his first day of school?
10. How does Mother respond to Natalie's refusal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What directions did Moose get from the warden, and what was so ironic in these instructions?
Essay Topic 3
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)