|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Moose meet Piper?
2. What does Piper give her oral report about?
3. What is Esther P. Marinoff?
4. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
5. What is Moose's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
2. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
3. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
4. What does Moose hope to find outside of where the convicts play ball?
5. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
6. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
7. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
8. Why does Natalie have to come home from school?
9. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
10. What is Alcatraz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Moose go about trying to fit in, and what affect did this have on his personality?
Essay Topic 2
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 3
What role did 105 play in this plot, and what message do you think the author was trying to send by including him in this plot?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)