|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Moose's meeting with the warden?
2. What is Esther P. Marinoff?
3. What does Scout ask for in return for a favor?
4. Where will Moose be attending school?
5. What sport does Moose like to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
2. What is the box of buttons for?
3. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
4. Why does Natalie start spending more time with Moose after working with her therapist?
5. Why does Natalie have to come home from school?
6. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
7. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
8. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
9. Why did Moose's mom want to move so badly?
10. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)