|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
2. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
3. Where does Natalie meet with her therapist?
4. What kind of lessons does Moose's mother teach?
5. How does Mr. Purdy contact Moose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
2. What does Piper do when she first meets Moose?
3. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
4. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
5. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
6. Why did Moose's mom want to move so badly?
7. Why does Natalie start spending more time with Moose after working with her therapist?
8. How does Natalie's family get her to school?
9. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
10. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Piper and Moose change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)