|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moose like to play with his father?
2. Where do the inmates play ball?
3. What did Moose's father do with Natalie on their first morning in the new home?
4. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
5. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
2. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
3. Why does Natalie have to come home from school?
4. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
5. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
6. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
7. What happens when Moose joins Piper in spying on the inmates after their workday?
8. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
9. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
10. What is the box of buttons for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Choldenko have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)