|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the inmates play ball?
2. Who does Natalie's therapist want her to spend more time with?
3. What does Moose talk about with students when he can't think of what to say?
4. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
5. What is the subject of the oral report on Moose's first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Natalie's family get her to school?
2. What happens when Moose joins Piper in spying on the inmates after their workday?
3. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
4. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
5. What is the box of buttons for?
6. What embarrasses Moose on his first day of school?
7. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
8. Why did Moose's mom want to move so badly?
9. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
10. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Moose move to Alcatraz, and what changed in his life due to this move?
Essay Topic 2
What directions did Moose get from the warden, and what was so ironic in these instructions?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)