|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Moose be attending school?
2. How does Piper plan to make money from her school students?
3. What does Piper charge for her services?
4. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
5. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
2. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
3. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
4. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
5. Why does Natalie have to come home from school?
6. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
7. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
8. What is the box of buttons for?
9. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
10. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What scheme was Piper trying to run, and why did this have such a big effect on Moose and his life at Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Piper and Moose change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)