|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Natalie in reality?
2. What does Moose not like about the person who shows him around the island?
3. Where will Moose be attending school?
4. What is Piper's father's job?
5. Why does Moose get embarrassed on the first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrasses Moose on his first day of school?
2. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
3. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
4. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
5. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
6. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
7. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
8. How does Piper plan to make money off of the kids at her new school?
9. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
10. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)