|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother always afraid Natalie will do in public?
2. Why can't Natalie wear her swimsuit outside?
3. How old is Natalie in reality?
4. What is Moose's father's new job?
5. What is the name of Natalie's therapist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrasses Moose on his first day of school?
2. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
3. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
4. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
5. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
6. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
7. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
8. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
9. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
10. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
How were the roles of women different in the time of this book than they are now, and how did the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)