|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets to San Francisco for her new school?
2. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
3. Who does Natalie's therapist want her to spend more time with?
4. Why does Moose get embarrassed on the first day of school?
5. How does Mr. Purdy contact Moose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
2. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
3. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
4. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
5. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
6. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
7. What does Piper do when she first meets Moose?
8. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
9. What does Moose hope to find outside of where the convicts play ball?
10. What does Mrs. Capone do on the boat that is so surprising?
Essay Topic 1
How did people respond to Natalie's disability, and why do you think there was such a difference in these responses?
Essay Topic 2
What role did 105 play in this plot, and what message do you think the author was trying to send by including him in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)