Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piper call Natalie when they first meet?
2. What does Moose talk about with students when he can't think of what to say?
3. Where does Moose go to play his favorite sport?
4. How old does Mother always say Natalie is?
5. How old is Theresa at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
2. What does Moose hope to find outside of where the convicts play ball?
3. What made Mrs. Capone so upset as she was going to Alcatraz?
4. What does Moose at the last day of school, and what does it mean?
5. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
6. Why does Natalie start spending more time with Moose after working with her therapist?
7. How does Piper plan to make money off of the kids at her new school?
8. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
9. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
10. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Piper and Moose change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)