|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
2. Who does Natalie's therapist want her to spend more time with?
3. Why does Moose's mother get angry when she sees him with Piper?
4. What does Moose say when Piper pressures him to do something?
5. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets to San Francisco for her new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
2. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
3. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
4. Why does Natalie start spending more time with Moose after working with her therapist?
5. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
6. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
7. What happens when Moose joins Piper in spying on the inmates after their workday?
8. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
9. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
10. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)