|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
2. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
3. How old does Mother always say Natalie is?
4. What does Natalie have to do to get Moose to take her outside when she is in her swimsuit?
5. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
2. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
3. What made Mrs. Capone so upset as she was going to Alcatraz?
4. What does Piper do when she first meets Moose?
5. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
6. How does Mother respond to Natalie's refusal?
7. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
8. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
9. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
10. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the term of a 'convict ball' and what significance it played in this story-line. Where did it appear, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Piper and Moose change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)