|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Moose ask Scout?
2. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
3. What does Piper take home with her for her services?
4. What does Piper give her oral report about?
5. How does Natalie walk on the way to her new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
2. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
3. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
4. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
5. What is Alcatraz?
6. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
7. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
8. What does Moose hope to find outside of where the convicts play ball?
9. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
10. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Natalie's mother try to help her, and what resulted from each of these efforts to help her?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Choldenko have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)