|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Piper give her oral report about?
2. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
3. What does Scout ask for in return for a favor?
4. Why does Mr. Purdy talk to Moose instead of his parents?
5. Where does Moose go to play his favorite sport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
2. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
3. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
4. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
5. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
6. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
7. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
8. What is wrong with Natalie?
9. Why does Natalie start spending more time with Moose after working with her therapist?
10. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did 105 play in this plot, and what message do you think the author was trying to send by including him in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
What directions did Moose get from the warden, and what was so ironic in these instructions?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)