|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the warden want Moose's help with?
2. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
3. How many people applied for Moose's father's new job?
4. Who shows Moose around the island?
5. What is the subject of the oral report on Moose's first day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Moose joins Piper in spying on the inmates after their workday?
2. Why does Natalie have to come home from school?
3. What does Piper do when she first meets Moose?
4. What is the box of buttons for?
5. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
6. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
7. Why does Moose have to stop going to the baseball games?
8. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
9. What is Alcatraz?
10. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Moose go about trying to fit in, and what affect did this have on his personality?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Piper and Moose change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)