|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
2. Why does Moose get embarrassed on the first day of school?
3. How is Jimmy related to Theresa?
4. How old does Mother always say Natalie is?
5. How many people applied for Moose's father's new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
2. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
3. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
4. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
5. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
6. What happens when Moose joins Piper in spying on the inmates after their workday?
7. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
8. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
9. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
10. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Moose and Scout both have similar relationships with their parents, but there are some notable differences. Please compare and contrast these relationships, and explain how they affected the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How were the roles of women different in the time of this book than they are now, and how did the theme of gender roles present itself in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Moose move to Alcatraz, and what changed in his life due to this move?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)