|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Moose to ask a favor of Scout?
2. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
3. What is Moose's real name?
4. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
5. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
2. Why does Moose go to Alcatraz?
3. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
4. What does Moose hope to find outside of where the convicts play ball?
5. What happens when Moose joins Piper in spying on the inmates after their workday?
6. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
7. How does Natalie's family get her to school?
8. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
9. What is the box of buttons for?
10. How does Moose do in his first baseball game with his new schoolmates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Piper and Moose change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
What did Moose do to help Natalie with the struggles she faced in her life, and how did this affect their relationship as brother and sister?
Essay Topic 3
What role did 105 play in this plot, and what message do you think the author was trying to send by including him in this plot?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)