|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
(a) Lying about her age.
(b) Tracking her improvement.
(c) Teaching her at home.
(d) Finding new schools.
2. What does Moose's father get angry with him about?
(a) Losing Natalie's buttons.
(b) Watching the inmates.
(c) Getting a bad grade in school.
(d) Not coming forward with Piper's scheme.
3. What makes Scout stop hanging out with Piper?
(a) Another English project is announced.
(b) Moose gives him the ball.
(c) Baseball championships start.
(d) Piper tries to kiss him.
4. What does Moose do to rekindle his friendship with Scout?
(a) They work on an English project together.
(b) They go shopping together.
(c) They sing a song together.
(d) They play catch at Alcatraz.
5. Where does Piper hope to meet the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
(a) The train.
(b) The recreation room.
(c) The boat.
(d) The warden's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Natalie have an interview?
2. Who does Natalie specifically ask for at the family party?
3. What makes Scout mad at Moose?
4. What does Mrs. Mattaman try to do for the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
5. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
2. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
3. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
4. How does the warden find out about the laundry scheme?
5. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
6. How does Moose get his convict ball?
7. What is Moose asked to do the day before Natalie's interview, and why?
8. What made Mrs. Capone so upset as she was going to Alcatraz?
9. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
10. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)