|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Moose so obsessed with finding a convict ball?
(a) His dad wants one for Christmas.
(b) They are worth a lot of money.
(c) Scout wants one.
(d) He is the only Alcatraz kid without one.
2. Where does Mother read about Esther P. Marinoff?
(a) The encyclopedia.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) A magazine.
3. Who does Moose walk home from the party?
4. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
(a) He collects nickels.
(b) He puts some laundry in his order.
(c) He lies to the warden about it.
(d) He carries the clean laundry to school.
5. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
(a) They play on the dock.
(b) They give back the nickels.
(c) They write apology letters.
(d) They do chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
2. Who helps Moose look for a ball for Scout?
3. What celebrity does Piper say is coming to Alcatraz?
4. What secret does Moose tell while walking someone home from the party?
5. What day are the baseball games changed to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Moose unable to go to the baseball games when Scout changes the day?
2. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
3. What surprises Moose about the argument he has after the party?
4. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
5. What makes Moose so obsessed with getting a convict ball?
6. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
7. What is Natalie's interview for?
8. How does Moose get his convict ball?
9. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
10. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)