|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Take off her strange shoes.
(c) Sing a baby to sleep.
(d) Yell at the patrons.
2. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
3. What makes Scout mad at Moose?
(a) Moose can't play baseball.
(b) Moose lies to him.
(c) Moose refuses to get him a ball.
(d) Moose chooses Piper over Scout.
4. Why does Moose rush Natalie back to the apartment after he finds a convict ball?
(a) To make curfew.
(b) To talk to his father.
(c) To call Scout.
(d) To get her away from 105.
5. What does Moose do with his father that makes him feel grown up?
(a) Drinks a beer.
(b) Mails the bills.
(c) Fixes some wiring.
(d) Plays catch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mattaman try to do for the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
2. What disappoints the kids who paid for Piper's laundry service?
3. What does Moose's father tease him about?
4. What does Moose do to rekindle his friendship with Scout?
5. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What alarming question does Moose ask his father about Natalie, and what is the response to this?
2. What secret does Moose tell Piper after the party?
3. What does Piper want to do with Moose's convict ball?
4. What does the warden say to the children when he learns of the laundry scheme?
5. What does Moose over hear his parents arguing about?
6. What are convict balls?
7. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
8. What does Moose have an argument about after the party?
9. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
10. What is Natalie's interview for?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)