|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are convict balls so rare?
(a) Piper finds them all.
(b) The inmates are out if the ball leaves the walls.
(c) They are cleaned up daily.
(d) Theresa's father collects them.
2. How does Moose describe the meeting with 105?
3. What does Moose's father get angry with his wife about?
(a) Coming home late.
(b) Ignoring Moose.
(c) Decorating the apartment.
(d) Spending money.
4. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
5. Why is Moose so obsessed with finding a convict ball?
(a) They are worth a lot of money.
(b) Scout wants one.
(c) His dad wants one for Christmas.
(d) He is the only Alcatraz kid without one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is the day before Natalie's appointment?
2. What is Natalie doing when Moose leaves her alone to go looking for a convict ball?
3. Where does Mother read about Esther P. Marinoff?
4. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
5. Who changed the day of the baseball games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Natalie's buttons?
2. What makes Scout stop talking to Piper so much?
3. What are convict balls?
4. Why does Moose get embarrassed at Natalie's party?
5. How do Moose and Scout get over their fight about the game night?
6. Why does Moose's father get angry and take away his baseball?
7. How does Moose put his family in danger while searching for a convict ball?
8. What complaints do kids have when they get their laundry back from Piper?
9. What makes Moose thing that Natalie might not be safe on Alcatraz?
10. What made Mrs. Capone so upset as she was going to Alcatraz?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)