|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Purdy tell Moose?
(a) His father has another job offer.
(b) He needs to change schools.
(c) Their car lights are on.
(d) Natalie must be picked up immediately.
2. What does Natalie have to take to get to her new school?
(a) A bus.
(b) A trolley.
(c) A boat.
(d) A taxi.
3. Why does Natalie get in her swimsuit?
(a) Because Moose is in his swim trunks.
(b) Because her clothes are all dirty.
(c) Because her clothes are all too small.
(d) Because it is hot.
4. What is Moose's real name?
5. How many people applied for Moose's father's new job?
(a) Hundreds of people.
(b) 5 people.
(c) Thousands of people.
(d) 50 people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Moose around the island?
2. Why does Mother lie about Natalie's age?
3. What did people tell Mother to do to Natalie when they realized something was wrong with her?
4. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
5. Where do the inmates play ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
2. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
3. What does Moose think about Natalie's new school and why?
4. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
5. What is Alcatraz?
6. How does Piper plan to make money off of the kids at her new school?
7. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
8. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
9. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
10. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)