|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother lie about Natalie's age?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She forgets.
(c) She doesn't want to upset Natalie.
(d) All of these.
2. Why does Natalie get in her swimsuit?
(a) Because her clothes are all dirty.
(b) Because Moose is in his swim trunks.
(c) Because it is hot.
(d) Because her clothes are all too small.
3. How does Mr. Purdy contact Moose?
(a) He calls him.
(b) He comes to visit.
(c) He sends a letter.
(d) He sends a telegram.
4. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
5. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
(a) Take her to an asylum.
(b) Take Natalie to a therapist.
(c) Find another school.
(d) Study privately with Natalie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Natalie not allowed to stay at the school?
2. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
3. What does Piper take home with her for her services?
4. How does Piper plan to make money from her school students?
5. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alcatraz?
2. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
3. Why does Natalie start spending more time with Moose after working with her therapist?
4. What does Moose hope to find outside of where the convicts play ball?
5. What is the box of buttons for?
6. What lie does Mother tell about Natalie, and why?
7. What embarrasses Moose on his first day of school?
8. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
9. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
10. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)