|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
(a) He doesn't want kids to find out about Natalie.
(b) He hates his haircut.
(c) It is his first day.
(d) The warden warned him not to talk about Alcatraz.
2. What does Piper charge for her services?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A dime.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A dollar.
3. Why is Natalie not allowed to stay at the school?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too sick.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is not ready.
4. What is Moose never supposed to talk about with people off the island?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) The rules.
(c) The warden.
(d) Their life.
5. What does Piper call Natalie when they first meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about Annie?
2. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
3. Who asked Moose to ask a favor of Scout?
4. What stops Moose from thinking about what people wanted Mother to do with Natalie?
5. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice is given Mother when Natalie is sent home from school?
2. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
3. What does Piper do when she first meets Moose?
4. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
5. What does Moose do on his first night in his new home, and why?
6. Why did Moose's mom want to move so badly?
7. How does Natalie's family get her to school?
8. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
9. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
10. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)