|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Natalie wear her swimsuit outside?
(a) She gets too cold.
(b) There are rules that forbid it.
(c) It is too small for her.
(d) It shows her scars.
2. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
(a) He is shorter.
(b) He is fatter.
(c) He is taller.
(d) He has glasses.
3. Why does Moose get embarrassed on the first day of school?
(a) His shoes are made fun of.
(b) He is asked about Alcatraz.
(c) He has a bad hair cut.
(d) He is asked if he was held back.
4. How old does Mother always say Natalie is?
5. What kind of house does the warden live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother always afraid Natalie will do in public?
2. What kind of things has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
3. What does Moose like to play with his father?
4. What is Moose never supposed to talk about with people off the island?
5. Why did Moose's mother force her family to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moose want to talk about while playing catch with his father, and how does his father react?
2. How does Natalie's family get her to school?
3. What is the box of buttons for?
4. What warning does the warden give Moose in their meeting?
5. Why does Natalie have to come home from school?
6. What does Piper pressure Moose to do when she interrupts his first meeting with Jimmy?
7. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
8. What favor does Moose ask of Scout, and what is his response?
9. What is Alcatraz?
10. What has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)