|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natalie have to take to get to her new school?
(a) A boat.
(b) A bus.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A trolley.
2. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
(a) She is good at sports.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is accepting of Natalie.
(d) She is younger than him.
3. What does Moose like to play with his father?
4. What is Mother having her hair done for?
(a) A ball.
(b) A picture.
(c) A party.
(d) A reunion.
5. Why does Moose worry so much about his sister?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is mentally challenged.
(d) She is easily scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Moose at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Moose never supposed to talk about with people off the island?
3. What caused Natalie to have to come home?
4. What does Moose talk about with students when he can't think of what to say?
5. Who does Piper want to help her with her services?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Moose's mom want to move so badly?
2. What does Moose like about Theresa when they first meet?
3. What does Natalie's therapist say about the box of buttons, and why?
4. What happens when Moose joins Piper in spying on the inmates after their workday?
5. How does Natalie's family get her to school?
6. What frustrates Moose on his first morning in his new home, and why?
7. What is wrong with Natalie?
8. What is surprising to Moose about Annie?
9. What favor does the warden ask of Moose in their meeting?
10. What did most people tell Mother to do when Natalie first started having problems?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)