|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moose slip under to look for convict balls?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The gate.
(c) The door.
(d) The fence.
2. Who tells Moose that the laundry money is being divided?
3. Where does Piper hope to meet the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
(a) The boat.
(b) The warden's office.
(c) The recreation room.
(d) The train.
4. Who does Piper want to sign a ball for her?
(a) Mrs. Capone.
(d) Al Capone.
5. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
(a) He puts some laundry in his order.
(b) He carries the clean laundry to school.
(c) He lies to the warden about it.
(d) He collects nickels.
6. What does Moose do to rekindle his friendship with Scout?
(a) They play catch at Alcatraz.
(b) They go shopping together.
(c) They work on an English project together.
(d) They sing a song together.
7. What is demanded of Moose before he can get into his apartment after finding the convict ball?
(a) The promise of a date.
(b) Help with homework.
(c) Where he got the ball.
(d) An invitation to a party.
8. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
(a) She has no reading skills.
(b) She is autistic.
(c) She was not born in California.
(d) She is older than 12.
9. Who decides how the laundry money should be divided?
10. Where does Natalie have an interview?
(a) A school.
(b) An asylum.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A restaurant.
11. Which of these is NOT present to see the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
12. Who calms Moose's worries about the origin of Natalie's problems?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
13. What holiday is the day before Natalie's appointment?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Natalie's birthday.
(d) Veteran's Day.
14. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
(a) Lying about her age.
(b) Teaching her at home.
(c) Finding new schools.
(d) Tracking her improvement.
15. How is Moose punished by his father?
(a) His baseball gear is taken away.
(b) He is grounded.
(c) His allowance is taken away.
(d) He gets extra chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz speak?
2. What happens to Natalie's buttons at the dock?
3. Who does Moose walk home from the party?
4. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
5. How does Mother feel about Natalie's interview?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)