|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Moose look for a ball for Scout?
2. What is demanded of Moose before he can get into his apartment after finding the convict ball?
(a) Help with homework.
(b) An invitation to a party.
(c) Where he got the ball.
(d) The promise of a date.
3. Where does Mother read about Esther P. Marinoff?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A magazine.
(d) The encyclopedia.
4. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She starts singing.
(c) She sends the kids away.
(d) She turns around and walks away.
5. What does Moose slip under to look for convict balls?
(a) The fence.
(b) The gate.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The door.
6. What kind of sickness does Moose have a lot of while on Alcatraz?
(a) Night terrors.
7. Why is Moose so obsessed with finding a convict ball?
(a) His dad wants one for Christmas.
(b) They are worth a lot of money.
(c) He is the only Alcatraz kid without one.
(d) Scout wants one.
8. Why can't Moose go to the baseball games after they are changed?
(a) His chores have to be done that day.
(b) His father doesn't want him out late.
(c) His sister has appointments at that time.
(d) His mother has piano lessons.
9. Who makes Natalie want to see 105?
10. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
(a) In Natalie's room.
(b) Wedged in the gate.
(c) From 105.
(d) Under the bridge.
11. Who does Natalie specifically ask for at the family party?
12. How does Mother feel about Natalie's interview?
(a) It was scary.
(b) It was terrible.
(c) It was hard to concentrate.
(d) It went well.
13. Why does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz get angry?
(a) She is talked down to.
(b) She is strip searched.
(c) Someone bumos her.
(d) Her seat is given up.
14. What do Moose and Scout do at lunchtime?
(a) Race each other.
(c) Play baseball.
(d) Sing songs.
15. What does Moose worries causes Natalie's problems?
(a) His mother's smoking.
(b) The air quality.
(c) A bump on the head.
(d) His birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moose's father get angry with him about?
2. What does Moose argue about after the party?
3. How was the laundry scheme discovered?
4. Who changed the day of the baseball games?
5. Who decides how the laundry money should be divided?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)