|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blocks Moose's way to his apartment after he finds the convict ball?
2. How was the laundry scheme discovered?
(a) One of the students complained.
(b) The larger laundry piles were noticed.
(c) The pile of nickels was found.
(d) One of the mother's complained.
3. Why can't Moose go to the baseball games after they are changed?
(a) His chores have to be done that day.
(b) His sister has appointments at that time.
(c) His father doesn't want him out late.
(d) His mother has piano lessons.
4. What day are the baseball games changed to?
5. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
(a) Finding new schools.
(b) Tracking her improvement.
(c) Lying about her age.
(d) Teaching her at home.
6. What does Moose do to rekindle his friendship with Scout?
(a) They work on an English project together.
(b) They sing a song together.
(c) They play catch at Alcatraz.
(d) They go shopping together.
7. What language does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz speak?
8. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
(a) They give back the nickels.
(b) They do chores.
(c) They play on the dock.
(d) They write apology letters.
9. Who yells at the children about the laundry scheme?
(a) Scout's mother.
(b) Moose's father.
(c) The warden.
(d) Theresa's father.
10. What does Mrs. Mattaman try to do for the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
11. Who calms Moose's worries about the origin of Natalie's problems?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
12. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
(a) She turns around and walks away.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She starts singing.
(d) She sends the kids away.
13. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Yell at the patrons.
(c) Sing a baby to sleep.
(d) Take off her strange shoes.
14. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
(a) From 105.
(b) Wedged in the gate.
(c) In Natalie's room.
(d) Under the bridge.
15. Who helps Moose look for a ball for Scout?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jimmy come to the family party?
2. Who interrupts Scout and Piper when they are talking about the games?
3. Why does Moose start refusing to let Natalie out of the apartment?
4. Who is invited to the family party by Mother?
5. What kind of sickness does Moose have a lot of while on Alcatraz?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)