|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is the day before Natalie's appointment?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Natalie's birthday.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) Veteran's Day.
2. What embarrasses Moose at the family party?
(a) His father's teasing.
(b) The candles on the cake.
(c) Piper holds his hand.
(d) Natalie's behavior.
3. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
(a) They give back the nickels.
(b) They play on the dock.
(c) They write apology letters.
(d) They do chores.
4. Who does Piper want to sign a ball for her?
(a) Al Capone.
(d) Mrs. Capone.
5. Why are convict balls so rare?
(a) They are cleaned up daily.
(b) Theresa's father collects them.
(c) The inmates are out if the ball leaves the walls.
(d) Piper finds them all.
6. Why does Moose rush Natalie back to the apartment after he finds a convict ball?
(a) To call Scout.
(b) To make curfew.
(c) To talk to his father.
(d) To get her away from 105.
7. Who blocks Moose's way to his apartment after he finds the convict ball?
8. What does Moose argue about after the party?
(a) His grades.
(b) Natalie's clothing.
(c) Natalie's age.
(d) His bed time.
9. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
10. Who changed the day of the baseball games?
11. How does Moose describe the meeting with 105?
12. What sends Mother into hysterics after the party?
(a) Father taking Moose's side.
(b) A comment from a neighbor.
(c) Stress about the interview.
(d) Moose's argument with Natalie.
13. What does Natalie say over and over when Moose comes back from looking for a convict ball?
(c) All alone.
(d) There they are.
14. How is Moose punished by his father?
(a) His baseball gear is taken away.
(b) His allowance is taken away.
(c) He is grounded.
(d) He gets extra chores.
15. Who yells at the children about the laundry scheme?
(a) The warden.
(b) Theresa's father.
(c) Scout's mother.
(d) Moose's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Moose walk home from the party?
2. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
3. What is demanded of Moose before he can get into his apartment after finding the convict ball?
4. Why can't Moose go to the baseball games after they are changed?
5. What does Moose slip under to look for convict balls?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)