|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
(a) He lies to the warden about it.
(b) He carries the clean laundry to school.
(c) He collects nickels.
(d) He puts some laundry in his order.
2. What does Theresa sneak with her when she goes to see the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her camera.
(c) Her backpack.
(d) Her notebook.
3. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
(a) She is autistic.
(b) She has no reading skills.
(c) She is older than 12.
(d) She was not born in California.
4. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
(a) Take off her strange shoes.
(b) Sing a baby to sleep.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Yell at the patrons.
5. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
(a) Under the bridge.
(b) In Natalie's room.
(c) Wedged in the gate.
(d) From 105.
6. What day are the baseball games changed to?
7. Who yells at the children about the laundry scheme?
(a) Theresa's father.
(b) Scout's mother.
(c) The warden.
(d) Moose's father.
8. Why does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz get angry?
(a) She is talked down to.
(b) She is strip searched.
(c) Her seat is given up.
(d) Someone bumos her.
9. What does Moose do with his father that makes him feel grown up?
(a) Drinks a beer.
(b) Plays catch.
(c) Mails the bills.
(d) Fixes some wiring.
10. What do Moose and Scout do at lunchtime?
(a) Race each other.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Play baseball.
11. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
12. Why can't Moose go to the baseball games after they are changed?
(a) His mother has piano lessons.
(b) His father doesn't want him out late.
(c) His chores have to be done that day.
(d) His sister has appointments at that time.
13. What holiday is the day before Natalie's appointment?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Veteran's Day.
(c) Natalie's birthday.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
14. What does Natalie do when something happens to her buttons at the dock?
(a) She freezes.
(b) She screams and kicks.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She vomits.
15. How does Moose calm Natalie when she stops playing with her buttons?
(a) He brushes her hair.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He reads out of the encyclopedia.
(d) He wraps her in a rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Moose look for a ball for Scout?
2. Who intervenes in the argument after the party?
3. Who calms Moose's worries about the origin of Natalie's problems?
4. How does Mother feel about Natalie's interview?
5. How did Natalie find 105?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)