|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who changed the day of the baseball games?
2. What language does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz speak?
3. What does Moose argue about after the party?
(a) His grades.
(b) Natalie's age.
(c) His bed time.
(d) Natalie's clothing.
4. What do Moose and Scout do at lunchtime?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Play baseball.
(c) Race each other.
5. What does Moose's father tease him about?
(a) The way he eats.
(b) His bad grades.
(c) All the girls in his life.
(d) His attention to Natalie.
6. Who yells at the children about the laundry scheme?
(a) Moose's father.
(b) Theresa's father.
(c) The warden.
(d) Scout's mother.
7. Where does Mother read about Esther P. Marinoff?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) The encyclopedia.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) A magazine.
8. What is startling to Moose about 105?
(a) He thought it was lost.
(b) The kindness.
(c) The smell of it.
(d) The value of it.
9. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
(a) She is older than 12.
(b) She is autistic.
(c) She has no reading skills.
(d) She was not born in California.
10. What does Moose do to rekindle his friendship with Scout?
(a) They go shopping together.
(b) They sing a song together.
(c) They play catch at Alcatraz.
(d) They work on an English project together.
11. What sends Mother into hysterics after the party?
(a) Father taking Moose's side.
(b) Moose's argument with Natalie.
(c) A comment from a neighbor.
(d) Stress about the interview.
12. What holiday is the day before Natalie's appointment?
(a) Veteran's Day.
(b) Natalie's birthday.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
13. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
(a) Wedged in the gate.
(b) In Natalie's room.
(c) From 105.
(d) Under the bridge.
14. Why does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz get angry?
(a) Someone bumos her.
(b) Her seat is given up.
(c) She is talked down to.
(d) She is strip searched.
15. Who calms Moose's worries about the origin of Natalie's problems?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Natalie specifically ask for at the family party?
2. How did Natalie find 105?
3. What does Moose do for Natalie the day before her interview?
4. What does Moose worries causes Natalie's problems?
5. What is Natalie doing when Moose leaves her alone to go looking for a convict ball?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)