|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moose argue about after the party?
(a) His bed time.
(b) Natalie's clothing.
(c) Natalie's age.
(d) His grades.
2. How does Moose calm Natalie when she stops playing with her buttons?
(a) He reads out of the encyclopedia.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He brushes her hair.
(d) He wraps her in a rug.
3. What does Mrs. Mattaman try to do for the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
4. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
(a) They play on the dock.
(b) They do chores.
(c) They write apology letters.
(d) They give back the nickels.
5. How is Moose punished by his father?
(a) His baseball gear is taken away.
(b) He is grounded.
(c) He gets extra chores.
(d) His allowance is taken away.
6. What does Theresa sneak with her when she goes to see the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
(a) Her camera.
(b) Her backpack.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her brother.
7. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
(a) She sends the kids away.
(b) She turns around and walks away.
(c) She starts singing.
(d) She calls the police.
8. Who yells at the children about the laundry scheme?
(a) Scout's mother.
(b) Theresa's father.
(c) The warden.
(d) Moose's father.
9. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
(a) She is older than 12.
(b) She is autistic.
(c) She has no reading skills.
(d) She was not born in California.
10. Why are convict balls so rare?
(a) Piper finds them all.
(b) Theresa's father collects them.
(c) They are cleaned up daily.
(d) The inmates are out if the ball leaves the walls.
11. What does Moose's father get angry with his wife about?
(a) Spending money.
(b) Ignoring Moose.
(c) Decorating the apartment.
(d) Coming home late.
12. What shows Moose that Natalie is maturing during the party?
(a) She shares her toys.
(b) She tells a joke.
(c) She invites someone.
(d) She sings with the guests.
13. What does Moose's father tease him about?
(a) All the girls in his life.
(b) The way he eats.
(c) His attention to Natalie.
(d) His bad grades.
14. Who decides how the laundry money should be divided?
15. What sends Mother into hysterics after the party?
(a) Father taking Moose's side.
(b) A comment from a neighbor.
(c) Moose's argument with Natalie.
(d) Stress about the interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Moose so obsessed with finding a convict ball?
2. What is 105?
3. Why does Jimmy come to the family party?
4. What kind of sickness does Moose have a lot of while on Alcatraz?
5. What does Moose do to rekindle his friendship with Scout?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)