|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the children threatened with when the laundry scheme is discovered?
(a) No more laundry service.
(b) Extra chores.
(c) The loss of their father's job.
(d) Stricter rules.
2. Who interrupts Scout and Piper when they are talking about the games?
3. Why does Natalie fall asleep while outside with Moose one day?
(a) She is tired from her tantrum.
(b) Her favorite napping spot is under trees.
(c) Her medication makes her sleepy.
(d) She is still sick.
4. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
(a) Wedged in the gate.
(b) In Natalie's room.
(c) From 105.
(d) Under the bridge.
5. What does Moose do with his father that makes him feel grown up?
(a) Drinks a beer.
(b) Fixes some wiring.
(c) Plays catch.
(d) Mails the bills.
6. What does Natalie do when something happens to her buttons at the dock?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She freezes.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She screams and kicks.
7. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
(a) Teaching her at home.
(b) Finding new schools.
(c) Lying about her age.
(d) Tracking her improvement.
8. What language does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz speak?
9. How was the laundry scheme discovered?
(a) The larger laundry piles were noticed.
(b) The pile of nickels was found.
(c) One of the students complained.
(d) One of the mother's complained.
10. What happens to Natalie's buttons at the dock?
(a) They blow away.
(b) They are burried.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) They are knocked over.
11. What does Moose's father tease him about?
(a) His attention to Natalie.
(b) All the girls in his life.
(c) His bad grades.
(d) The way he eats.
12. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
13. What does Moose do for Natalie the day before her interview?
(a) Keep her calm.
(b) Teach her to read.
(c) Help her pack.
(d) Make her food.
14. What embarrasses Moose at the family party?
(a) The candles on the cake.
(b) His father's teasing.
(c) Natalie's behavior.
(d) Piper holds his hand.
15. What does Moose slip under to look for convict balls?
(a) The gate.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The door.
(d) The fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
2. What sends Mother into hysterics after the party?
3. What is 105?
4. What secret does Moose tell while walking someone home from the party?
5. Who helps Moose look for a ball for Scout?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)