|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moose start refusing to let Natalie out of the apartment?
(a) He has homework.
(b) She embarrasses him.
(c) He doesn't want her to see 105 again.
(d) She gets sick.
2. How did Natalie find 105?
(a) She searched for numbers.
(b) She went under the bridge.
(c) He came to her house.
(d) Moose left her alone.
3. What does Natalie do when something happens to her buttons at the dock?
(a) She freezes.
(b) She vomits.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She screams and kicks.
4. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
(a) She starts singing.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She turns around and walks away.
(d) She sends the kids away.
5. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
(a) He collects nickels.
(b) He carries the clean laundry to school.
(c) He puts some laundry in his order.
(d) He lies to the warden about it.
6. What does Moose argue about after the party?
(a) His grades.
(b) Natalie's clothing.
(c) His bed time.
(d) Natalie's age.
7. How does Moose describe the meeting with 105?
8. Who changed the day of the baseball games?
9. Why does Natalie fall asleep while outside with Moose one day?
(a) She is still sick.
(b) She is tired from her tantrum.
(c) Her medication makes her sleepy.
(d) Her favorite napping spot is under trees.
10. What do Moose and Scout do at lunchtime?
(b) Race each other.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Play baseball.
11. What does Moose's father get angry with him about?
(a) Watching the inmates.
(b) Losing Natalie's buttons.
(c) Not coming forward with Piper's scheme.
(d) Getting a bad grade in school.
12. What happens to Natalie's buttons at the dock?
(a) They are knocked over.
(b) They are burried.
(c) They blow away.
(d) They are stolen.
13. Why is Moose so obsessed with finding a convict ball?
(a) He is the only Alcatraz kid without one.
(b) Scout wants one.
(c) His dad wants one for Christmas.
(d) They are worth a lot of money.
14. What surprising thing does the celebrity coming to Alcatraz do?
(a) Sing a baby to sleep.
(b) Take off her strange shoes.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Yell at the patrons.
15. Why does Jimmy come to the family party?
(a) Mother asks for him.
(b) Natalie asks for him.
(c) His sister comes.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother feel about Natalie's interview?
2. What sends Mother into hysterics after the party?
3. What does Moose do for Natalie the day before her interview?
4. How is Moose punished by his father?
5. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)