|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 105?
(a) A button.
(b) A bird.
(c) A convict.
(d) A door.
2. Why does Moose start refusing to let Natalie out of the apartment?
(a) He doesn't want her to see 105 again.
(b) She gets sick.
(c) She embarrasses him.
(d) He has homework.
3. How does Moose calm Natalie when she stops playing with her buttons?
(a) He wraps her in a rug.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He brushes her hair.
(d) He reads out of the encyclopedia.
4. What makes Scout stop hanging out with Piper?
(a) Moose gives him the ball.
(b) Another English project is announced.
(c) Baseball championships start.
(d) Piper tries to kiss him.
5. What disappoints the kids who paid for Piper's laundry service?
(a) It took too long.
(b) The clothes are just clean.
(c) The clothes small funny.
(d) Their clothes were ruined.
6. What does Natalie say over and over when Moose comes back from looking for a convict ball?
(a) There they are.
(c) All alone.
7. Who yells at the children about the laundry scheme?
(a) Theresa's father.
(b) Moose's father.
(c) Scout's mother.
(d) The warden.
8. Who blocks Moose's way to his apartment after he finds the convict ball?
9. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
(a) She sends the kids away.
(b) She starts singing.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She turns around and walks away.
10. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
11. What does Moose's father get angry with him about?
(a) Losing Natalie's buttons.
(b) Getting a bad grade in school.
(c) Not coming forward with Piper's scheme.
(d) Watching the inmates.
12. How was the laundry scheme discovered?
(a) The pile of nickels was found.
(b) The larger laundry piles were noticed.
(c) One of the students complained.
(d) One of the mother's complained.
13. What celebrity does Piper say is coming to Alcatraz?
(a) Al Capone's mother.
(c) The President.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
14. Why are convict balls so rare?
(a) The inmates are out if the ball leaves the walls.
(b) Theresa's father collects them.
(c) Piper finds them all.
(d) They are cleaned up daily.
15. Why does Natalie fall asleep while outside with Moose one day?
(a) She is still sick.
(b) Her medication makes her sleepy.
(c) Her favorite napping spot is under trees.
(d) She is tired from her tantrum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
2. Who is invited to the family party by Mother?
3. Who calms Moose's worries about the origin of Natalie's problems?
4. What does Natalie do when something happens to her buttons at the dock?
5. Who intervenes in the argument after the party?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)