|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moose's father get angry with his wife about?
(a) Spending money.
(b) Ignoring Moose.
(c) Decorating the apartment.
(d) Coming home late.
2. Why can't Moose go to the baseball games after they are changed?
(a) His sister has appointments at that time.
(b) His mother has piano lessons.
(c) His father doesn't want him out late.
(d) His chores have to be done that day.
3. What gives Mother false hope about Natalie's future?
(a) Finding new schools.
(b) Lying about her age.
(c) Tracking her improvement.
(d) Teaching her at home.
4. What do Moose and Scout do at lunchtime?
(a) Play baseball.
(c) Race each other.
(d) Sing songs.
5. Who changed the day of the baseball games?
6. What makes Scout mad at Moose?
(a) Moose chooses Piper over Scout.
(b) Moose can't play baseball.
(c) Moose refuses to get him a ball.
(d) Moose lies to him.
7. Why does Moose start refusing to let Natalie out of the apartment?
(a) He has homework.
(b) She embarrasses him.
(c) She gets sick.
(d) He doesn't want her to see 105 again.
8. How does Moose describe the meeting with 105?
9. What are the children threatened with when the laundry scheme is discovered?
(a) Extra chores.
(b) No more laundry service.
(c) The loss of their father's job.
(d) Stricter rules.
10. Where does Piper hope to meet the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
(a) The train.
(b) The boat.
(c) The warden's office.
(d) The recreation room.
11. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
12. What is demanded of Moose before he can get into his apartment after finding the convict ball?
(a) The promise of a date.
(b) Where he got the ball.
(c) An invitation to a party.
(d) Help with homework.
13. Where does Mother read about Esther P. Marinoff?
(a) A magazine.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) The encyclopedia.
14. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
(a) She was not born in California.
(b) She is older than 12.
(c) She is autistic.
(d) She has no reading skills.
15. What secret does Moose tell while walking someone home from the party?
(a) Natalie is autistic.
(b) Natalie is sick.
(c) Natalie has an interview.
(d) Natalie is 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moose worries causes Natalie's problems?
2. What is the first way Moose helps with the laundry scheme?
3. Who does Piper want to sign a ball for her?
4. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
5. How was the laundry scheme discovered?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)