|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moose slip under to look for convict balls?
(a) The fence.
(b) The door.
(c) The gate.
(d) The bridge.
2. Why does Natalie fall asleep while outside with Moose one day?
(a) She is still sick.
(b) Her medication makes her sleepy.
(c) She is tired from her tantrum.
(d) Her favorite napping spot is under trees.
3. What does Moose argue about after the party?
(a) His bed time.
(b) Natalie's age.
(c) His grades.
(d) Natalie's clothing.
4. What holiday is the day before Natalie's appointment?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Natalie's birthday.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
(d) Veteran's Day.
5. What does Theresa sneak with her when she goes to see the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
(a) Her backpack.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) Her camera.
6. Who does Moose walk home from the party?
7. Why is Moose so obsessed with finding a convict ball?
(a) His dad wants one for Christmas.
(b) They are worth a lot of money.
(c) He is the only Alcatraz kid without one.
(d) Scout wants one.
8. What does Moose worries causes Natalie's problems?
(a) His birth.
(b) His mother's smoking.
(c) The air quality.
(d) A bump on the head.
9. What is startling to Moose about 105?
(a) The kindness.
(b) The value of it.
(c) The smell of it.
(d) He thought it was lost.
10. What secret does Moose tell while walking someone home from the party?
(a) Natalie has an interview.
(b) Natalie is sick.
(c) Natalie is autistic.
(d) Natalie is 16.
11. Who does Natalie specifically ask for at the family party?
12. Who makes Natalie want to see 105?
13. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
(a) She is autistic.
(b) She is older than 12.
(c) She has no reading skills.
(d) She was not born in California.
14. What do the children do after getting yelled at about the laundry scheme?
(a) They write apology letters.
(b) They play on the dock.
(c) They do chores.
(d) They give back the nickels.
15. What celebrity does Piper say is coming to Alcatraz?
(a) Al Capone's mother.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blocks Moose's way to his apartment after he finds the convict ball?
2. Who does Scout spend a lot of his spare time with?
3. Where does Piper hope to meet the celebrity coming to Alcatraz?
4. What disappoints the kids who paid for Piper's laundry service?
5. How does Moose calm Natalie when she stops playing with her buttons?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)