|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the children threatened with when the laundry scheme is discovered?
(a) Extra chores.
(b) The loss of their father's job.
(c) No more laundry service.
(d) Stricter rules.
2. What does Moose worries causes Natalie's problems?
(a) The air quality.
(b) His mother's smoking.
(c) His birth.
(d) A bump on the head.
3. Who yells at the children about the laundry scheme?
(a) The warden.
(b) Theresa's father.
(c) Scout's mother.
(d) Moose's father.
4. What does Moose do with his father that makes him feel grown up?
(a) Fixes some wiring.
(b) Mails the bills.
(c) Drinks a beer.
(d) Plays catch.
5. Where does Moose finally find a convict ball?
(a) Under the bridge.
(b) Wedged in the gate.
(c) In Natalie's room.
(d) From 105.
6. Why does Moose rush Natalie back to the apartment after he finds a convict ball?
(a) To make curfew.
(b) To talk to his father.
(c) To get her away from 105.
(d) To call Scout.
7. What holiday is the day before Natalie's appointment?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) Veteran's Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Natalie's birthday.
8. What does Moose's father tease him about?
(a) All the girls in his life.
(b) His attention to Natalie.
(c) The way he eats.
(d) His bad grades.
9. What sends Mother into hysterics after the party?
(a) Moose's argument with Natalie.
(b) A comment from a neighbor.
(c) Stress about the interview.
(d) Father taking Moose's side.
10. Who intervenes in the argument after the party?
11. What makes Scout stop hanging out with Piper?
(a) Moose gives him the ball.
(b) Baseball championships start.
(c) Another English project is announced.
(d) Piper tries to kiss him.
12. Who helps Moose look for a ball for Scout?
13. Why can't Moose go to the baseball games after they are changed?
(a) His sister has appointments at that time.
(b) His mother has piano lessons.
(c) His father doesn't want him out late.
(d) His chores have to be done that day.
14. Why is Natalie not eligible for the Esther P. Marinoff school?
(a) She has no reading skills.
(b) She was not born in California.
(c) She is older than 12.
(d) She is autistic.
15. What is Natalie doing when Moose leaves her alone to go looking for a convict ball?
(a) Petting a cat.
(d) Counting buttons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother do when she sees Natalie's reaction to the buttons on the dock?
2. Why is Moose so obsessed with finding a convict ball?
3. What does Moose's father get angry with his wife about?
4. What does Moose do to rekindle his friendship with Scout?
5. What kind of sickness does Moose have a lot of while on Alcatraz?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)