|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Natalie meet with her therapist?
(a) The recreation room.
(b) The school.
(c) The park.
(d) The apartment.
2. Who does Piper want to help her with her services?
3. How does Piper get her plan to go through at home?
(a) She puts laundry on other bags.
(b) She gets her mom to help her.
(c) She asks her father.
(d) She works an extra shift in the laundry.
4. Where do the inmates play ball?
(a) In the entry hall.
(b) On the shore.
(c) By the gates.
(d) In the cafeteria.
5. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
(a) The birds are mimiced.
(b) The trees are counted.
(c) A book index is read wrong.
(d) A song is sung.
6. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
(a) He doesn't want kids to find out about Natalie.
(b) It is his first day.
(c) The warden warned him not to talk about Alcatraz.
(d) He hates his haircut.
7. How does Mr. Purdy contact Moose?
(a) He comes to visit.
(b) He sends a telegram.
(c) He calls him.
(d) He sends a letter.
8. What kind of lessons does Moose's mother teach?
9. Who asked Moose to ask a favor of Scout?
(b) Natalie's therapist.
(c) His mother.
10. What is Moose's last name?
11. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) He doesn't get his own room.
(c) His father has to work.
(d) His boxes haven't come yet.
12. Where does Moose meet Scout?
(d) The trolley.
13. What does Moose like to play with his father?
14. Why can't Natalie wear her swimsuit outside?
(a) It is too small for her.
(b) She gets too cold.
(c) There are rules that forbid it.
(d) It shows her scars.
15. Why does Moose sleep in his clothes on his first night in his new home?
(a) He is afraid of an attack.
(b) His pajamas are all packed.
(c) He is cold.
(d) He is too tired to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
2. How old is Theresa at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
4. Why does Moose worry so much about his sister?
5. Why does Moose's mother get angry when she sees him with Piper?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)