|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moose say when Piper pressures him to do something?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He changes the subject.
2. How old is Natalie in reality?
3. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
(a) He is taller.
(b) He is fatter.
(c) He is shorter.
(d) He has glasses.
4. How does Mr. Purdy contact Moose?
(a) He sends a telegram.
(b) He comes to visit.
(c) He sends a letter.
(d) He calls him.
5. Why does Mother teach lessons?
(a) To express herself.
(b) To feel supportive.
(c) To make money.
(d) To further Natalie's progress.
6. How old is Theresa at the beginning of the book?
7. How old is Moose at the beginning of the book?
8. Who embarrassed Moose on his first day of school?
(b) The teacher.
(d) His mother.
9. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
(a) He hates his haircut.
(b) He doesn't want kids to find out about Natalie.
(c) It is his first day.
(d) The warden warned him not to talk about Alcatraz.
10. What sport does Moose like to play?
11. How does Natalie walk on the way to her new school?
12. What does Natalie have to do to get Moose to take her outside when she is in her swimsuit?
(a) Get dressed.
(b) Ask her mother.
(c) Put shoes on.
(d) Find a shirt.
13. What is Moose never supposed to talk about with people off the island?
(a) Their life.
(b) The rules.
(c) The warden.
(d) Al Capone.
14. What caused Natalie to have to come home?
(a) She threw a fit.
(b) She couldn't pass her tests.
(c) She got sick.
(d) She fell down.
15. Who does Piper want to help her with her services?
Short Answer Questions
1. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
2. What is special about Annie?
3. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
4. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
5. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)