|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of things has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
(a) A special diet.
(b) Personal tutors.
(c) All of these.
(d) Special schools.
2. What did Moose's father do with Natalie on their first morning in the new home?
(a) Watched cartoons.
(b) Read a story.
(c) Went for a walk.
(d) Cooked breakfast.
3. Where does Moose meet Scout?
(d) The trolley.
4. Why does Moose sleep in his clothes on his first night in his new home?
(a) His pajamas are all packed.
(b) He is cold.
(c) He is too tired to change.
(d) He is afraid of an attack.
5. What is the subject of the oral report on Moose's first day of school?
(a) Summer plans.
(b) Christmas vacation.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Their family.
6. What kind of house does the warden live in?
7. What did Natalie do at UCLA?
(b) Got treatment.
(c) Counseled others.
8. How old does Mother always say Natalie is?
9. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
(a) His grades.
(c) His new job.
(d) The warden.
10. How does Piper threaten Moose when they first meet?
(a) She threatens to tell his father they were by the morgue.
(b) She threatens to get his house switched.
(c) She threatens to leave an inmate's door unlocked.
(d) She threatens to tell her father about Natalie.
11. What is Moose's last name?
12. Why does Natalie get in her swimsuit?
(a) Because it is hot.
(b) Because her clothes are all dirty.
(c) Because Moose is in his swim trunks.
(d) Because her clothes are all too small.
13. How old is Moose at the beginning of the book?
14. How does Piper plan to make money from her school students?
(a) Offer protection to victims of bullying.
(b) Sell secrets of Alcatraz.
(c) Have their laundry done at Alcatraz.
(d) Tutor students who fall behind.
15. What does Natalie's therapist want taken away from Natalie?
(a) Her hair brush.
(b) Her old clothing.
(c) Her button box.
(d) Her baby books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
2. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
3. What does Moose like to play with his father?
4. What stops Moose from thinking about what people wanted Mother to do with Natalie?
5. What is Mother always afraid Natalie will do in public?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)