|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moose worry so much about his sister?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is mentally challenged.
(d) She is easily scared.
2. What kind of house does the warden live in?
3. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
(a) Find another school.
(b) Take her to an asylum.
(c) Study privately with Natalie.
(d) Take Natalie to a therapist.
4. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) Therapist appointments.
(c) Time with his father.
(d) Baseball practice.
5. Why does Natalie get in her swimsuit?
(a) Because her clothes are all too small.
(b) Because it is hot.
(c) Because Moose is in his swim trunks.
(d) Because her clothes are all dirty.
6. What is Mr. Purdy's occupation?
(b) Tour guide.
7. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
8. Who interrupts Moose's meeting with the warden?
9. What did people tell Mother to do to Natalie when they realized something was wrong with her?
(a) Put her in an asylum.
(b) Keep her home.
(c) Hire a nanny.
(d) Have an operation.
10. Why does Mr. Purdy talk to Moose instead of his parents?
(a) All of these.
(b) His father is sleeping.
(c) He answers the phone.
(d) His mother is out.
11. Where do the inmates play ball?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) In the entry hall.
(c) On the shore.
(d) By the gates.
12. How old is Natalie in reality?
13. What does Natalie have to do to get Moose to take her outside when she is in her swimsuit?
(a) Ask her mother.
(b) Find a shirt.
(c) Put shoes on.
(d) Get dressed.
14. What does Moose talk about with students when he can't think of what to say?
(c) Al Capone.
15. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) His father has to work.
(c) His boxes haven't come yet.
(d) He doesn't get his own room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Natalie's therapist want her to spend more time with?
2. What did Natalie do at UCLA?
3. What kind of lessons does Moose's mother teach?
4. How old is Theresa at the beginning of the book?
5. How many people applied for Moose's father's new job?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)