|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
2. What did people tell Mother to do to Natalie when they realized something was wrong with her?
(a) Put her in an asylum.
(b) Have an operation.
(c) Hire a nanny.
(d) Keep her home.
3. Why can't Natalie wear her swimsuit outside?
(a) It is too small for her.
(b) It shows her scars.
(c) She gets too cold.
(d) There are rules that forbid it.
4. Who does Natalie's therapist want her to spend more time with?
5. What is Esther P. Marinoff?
(a) A ship.
(b) A school.
(c) A museum.
(d) A prison.
6. How does Piper plan to make money from her school students?
(a) Have their laundry done at Alcatraz.
(b) Offer protection to victims of bullying.
(c) Tutor students who fall behind.
(d) Sell secrets of Alcatraz.
7. Where does Moose meet Piper?
(a) At the gates.
(b) By the morgue.
(c) In school.
(d) In the cafeteria.
8. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
(a) She is younger than him.
(b) She is accepting of Natalie.
(c) She is good at sports.
(d) She is pretty.
9. What is Piper's father's job?
10. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
(a) His grades.
(b) His new job.
(d) The warden.
11. Why does Mother teach lessons?
(a) To feel supportive.
(b) To express herself.
(c) To further Natalie's progress.
(d) To make money.
12. What does Piper pressure Moose to do?
(a) Help with her laundry scheme.
(b) Do her homework.
(c) Join her team.
(d) Clean her house.
13. How does Piper get her plan to go through at home?
(a) She asks her father.
(b) She works an extra shift in the laundry.
(c) She gets her mom to help her.
(d) She puts laundry on other bags.
14. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
(a) Study privately with Natalie.
(b) Take Natalie to a therapist.
(c) Find another school.
(d) Take her to an asylum.
15. What does Piper charge for her services?
(a) A dime.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Moose ask Scout?
2. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets to San Francisco for her new school?
3. What is Moose's last name?
4. Why does Mr. Purdy talk to Moose instead of his parents?
5. When does Moose like to play his favorite sport?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)