|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Natalie's therapist?
2. What did Moose's father do with Natalie on their first morning in the new home?
(a) Went for a walk.
(b) Read a story.
(c) Cooked breakfast.
(d) Watched cartoons.
3. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
(a) Study privately with Natalie.
(b) Take her to an asylum.
(c) Find another school.
(d) Take Natalie to a therapist.
4. Why is Natalie not allowed to stay at the school?
(a) She is not ready.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She is too sick.
(d) She is too young.
5. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
(a) He is shorter.
(b) He has glasses.
(c) He is taller.
(d) He is fatter.
6. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
(a) She is good at sports.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is younger than him.
(d) She is accepting of Natalie.
7. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
(a) He gets a phonecall.
(b) He reads the schedule.
(c) He gets a note.
(d) His father tells him.
8. What is Moose never supposed to talk about with people off the island?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) The warden.
(c) The rules.
(d) Their life.
9. Who tells Moose where to get a prison ball?
(a) The Warden.
10. What does the warden talk about with Moose in their meeting?
(a) The prisoners.
(b) His father.
(c) The rules.
(d) His life.
11. Who does Natalie's therapist want her to spend more time with?
12. Why can't Natalie wear her swimsuit outside?
(a) It is too small for her.
(b) She gets too cold.
(c) It shows her scars.
(d) There are rules that forbid it.
13. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
(a) Baseball practice.
(b) Time with his father.
(c) Therapist appointments.
(d) His bedroom.
14. Why does Moose get embarrassed on the first day of school?
(a) He has a bad hair cut.
(b) He is asked about Alcatraz.
(c) He is asked if he was held back.
(d) His shoes are made fun of.
15. Where does Moose meet Piper?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) By the morgue.
(c) At the gates.
(d) In school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who distracts Natalie to get her to her new school?
2. How old does Mother always say Natalie is?
3. When does Moose like to play his favorite sport?
4. What does Mr. Purdy tell Moose?
5. What does Piper take home with her for her services?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)