|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Piper threaten Moose when they first meet?
(a) She threatens to tell her father about Natalie.
(b) She threatens to get his house switched.
(c) She threatens to leave an inmate's door unlocked.
(d) She threatens to tell his father they were by the morgue.
2. What does Piper call Natalie when they first meet?
3. What kind of house does the warden live in?
4. How is Jimmy related to Theresa?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her nephew.
(d) He is her cousin.
5. Who interrupts Moose's meeting with the warden?
6. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
7. What is Mother having her hair done for?
(a) A reunion.
(b) A ball.
(c) A picture.
(d) A party.
8. What is Esther P. Marinoff?
(a) A museum.
(b) A ship.
(c) A school.
(d) A prison.
9. When does Moose like to play his favorite sport?
(a) Before school.
(b) After school.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) At lunch.
10. How does Piper plan to make money from her school students?
(a) Offer protection to victims of bullying.
(b) Sell secrets of Alcatraz.
(c) Have their laundry done at Alcatraz.
(d) Tutor students who fall behind.
11. Where do the inmates play ball?
(a) On the shore.
(b) In the entry hall.
(c) By the gates.
(d) In the cafeteria.
12. Where does Moose meet Piper?
(a) In school.
(b) By the morgue.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) At the gates.
13. Who distracts Natalie to get her to her new school?
14. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
(a) Bugsy Segal.
(c) Baby Face Nelson.
(d) Al Capone.
15. What is Mother always afraid Natalie will do in public?
(a) Throw up.
(b) Have a tantrum.
(c) Count things.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Piper get her plan to go through at home?
2. What is the subject of the oral report on Moose's first day of school?
3. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
4. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
5. What did Moose's father do with Natalie on their first morning in the new home?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)