|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Natalie to have to come home?
(a) She got sick.
(b) She couldn't pass her tests.
(c) She threw a fit.
(d) She fell down.
2. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
3. Why does Mother lie about Natalie's age?
(a) All of these.
(b) She doesn't want to upset Natalie.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She forgets.
4. What is Piper's father's job?
5. What is Moose never supposed to talk about with people off the island?
(a) The rules.
(b) Their life.
(c) The warden.
(d) Al Capone.
6. Who does Piper want to help her with her services?
7. What did Natalie do at UCLA?
(b) Got treatment.
(c) Counseled others.
8. What does Piper take home with her for her services?
9. What does Moose say when Piper pressures him to do something?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He changes the subject.
10. What favor does Moose ask Scout?
(a) To change the day of baseball practice.
(b) To give him a ride to school.
(c) To study with him.
(d) To teach him the rules of soccer.
11. How old is Theresa at the beginning of the book?
12. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
13. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
(b) Al Capone.
(c) Baby Face Nelson.
(d) Bugsy Segal.
14. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
(a) He hates his haircut.
(b) The warden warned him not to talk about Alcatraz.
(c) It is his first day.
(d) He doesn't want kids to find out about Natalie.
15. What does Natalie's therapist want taken away from Natalie?
(a) Her hair brush.
(b) Her old clothing.
(c) Her button box.
(d) Her baby books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the warden talk about with Moose in their meeting?
2. What unique skill does Natalie have?
3. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets to San Francisco for her new school?
4. What does Natalie have to take to get to her new school?
5. What is special about Annie?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)