|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who distracts Natalie to get her to her new school?
2. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
(a) He is taller.
(b) He has glasses.
(c) He is shorter.
(d) He is fatter.
3. What does Father refuse to talk to Moose about?
(a) His new job.
(b) The warden.
(d) His grades.
4. Why does Moose get embarrassed on the first day of school?
(a) He has a bad hair cut.
(b) His shoes are made fun of.
(c) He is asked if he was held back.
(d) He is asked about Alcatraz.
5. Why did Moose's mother force her family to move?
(a) To be near the ocean.
(b) To be near her family.
(c) To get Natalie into a school.
(d) To take a new job.
6. How old is Moose at the beginning of the book?
7. Who embarrassed Moose on his first day of school?
(b) The teacher.
(c) His mother.
8. What does Moose say when Piper pressures him to do something?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He changes the subject.
(d) He says nothing.
9. Why is Natalie not allowed to stay at the school?
(a) She is not ready.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is too sick.
10. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
(a) The birds are mimiced.
(b) A song is sung.
(c) A book index is read wrong.
(d) The trees are counted.
11. How does Natalie walk on the way to her new school?
12. What is the name of Natalie's therapist?
13. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
(a) He has to go to school.
(b) His father has to work.
(c) He doesn't get his own room.
(d) His boxes haven't come yet.
14. Why does Mr. Purdy talk to Moose instead of his parents?
(a) All of these.
(b) His mother is out.
(c) His father is sleeping.
(d) He answers the phone.
15. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
(a) She is accepting of Natalie.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is good at sports.
(d) She is younger than him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Esther P. Marinoff?
2. What kind of house does the warden live in?
3. Where will Moose be attending school?
4. What does Piper call Natalie when they first meet?
5. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)