|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother always afraid Natalie will do in public?
(a) Throw up.
(b) Run away.
(c) Count things.
(d) Have a tantrum.
2. Where does Moose meet Scout?
(d) The trolley.
3. Who interrupts Moose's meeting with the warden?
4. What does Moose say when Piper pressures him to do something?
(a) He changes the subject.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He says nothing.
5. Who asked Moose to ask a favor of Scout?
(a) His mother.
(b) Natalie's therapist.
6. Why did Moose's mother force her family to move?
(a) To be near her family.
(b) To be near the ocean.
(c) To take a new job.
(d) To get Natalie into a school.
7. Why does Moose worry so much about his sister?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is easily scared.
(d) She is mentally challenged.
8. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
(b) Al Capone.
(c) Baby Face Nelson.
(d) Bugsy Segal.
9. What does Moose talk about with students when he can't think of what to say?
(c) Al Capone.
10. What did Natalie do at UCLA?
(b) Counseled others.
(c) Got treatment.
11. How old is Natalie in reality?
12. What does the warden want Moose's help with?
(a) The schedule.
(b) A new garden.
(c) Piper's school projects.
(d) The laundromat.
13. What is special about Annie?
(a) She has a relative in Alcatraz.
(b) She can throw a ball.
(c) She has a broken arm.
(d) She is from England.
14. What stops Moose from thinking about what people wanted Mother to do with Natalie?
(a) His father comes home.
(b) He hears Natalie laughing.
(c) He gets a phone call.
(d) He learns of his meeting with the warden.
15. What is Moose's father's new job?
(d) Doctor's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
2. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets agitated after meeting Piper?
3. What does Moose not like about the person who shows him around the island?
4. What does Piper give her oral report about?
5. What does the warden talk about with Moose in their meeting?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)