|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Natalie wear her swimsuit outside?
(a) It shows her scars.
(b) There are rules that forbid it.
(c) It is too small for her.
(d) She gets too cold.
2. What does Natalie have to take to get to her new school?
(a) A boat.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A trolley.
(d) A bus.
3. What is the name of Natalie's therapist?
4. What does Piper pressure Moose to do?
(a) Do her homework.
(b) Join her team.
(c) Help with her laundry scheme.
(d) Clean her house.
5. Who does Piper want to help her with her services?
6. What is Piper's father's job?
7. How old is Theresa at the beginning of the book?
8. Why does Mother lie about Natalie's age?
(a) All of these.
(b) She forgets.
(c) She doesn't want to upset Natalie.
(d) She is embarrassed.
9. What is special about Annie?
(a) She is from England.
(b) She has a broken arm.
(c) She has a relative in Alcatraz.
(d) She can throw a ball.
10. Who asked Moose to ask a favor of Scout?
(b) His mother.
(c) Natalie's therapist.
11. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
(a) He gets a note.
(b) He gets a phonecall.
(c) He reads the schedule.
(d) His father tells him.
12. What does Scout ask for in return for a favor?
(a) A convict ball.
(b) A study partner.
(c) A play date.
(d) A shirt washed by Capone.
13. What does Moose like to play with his father?
14. Where will Moose be attending school?
(a) The island.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) A church.
(d) His house.
15. What is Moose's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Moose from thinking about what people wanted Mother to do with Natalie?
2. What does Natalie have to do to get Moose to take her outside when she is in her swimsuit?
3. What class do Moose and Scout have together?
4. What is Esther P. Marinoff?
5. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)