|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Natalie wear her swimsuit outside?
(a) It shows her scars.
(b) There are rules that forbid it.
(c) It is too small for her.
(d) She gets too cold.
2. What does the warden talk about with Moose in their meeting?
(a) His father.
(b) The prisoners.
(c) His life.
(d) The rules.
3. What does Moose not like about the person who shows him around the island?
(a) She is boring.
(b) She is loud.
(c) She is nosy.
(d) She is bossy,
4. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets to San Francisco for her new school?
(a) Speak to people.
(b) Open her eyes.
(c) Get off the boat.
(d) Stop dancing.
5. Why does Natalie get in her swimsuit?
(a) Because it is hot.
(b) Because Moose is in his swim trunks.
(c) Because her clothes are all too small.
(d) Because her clothes are all dirty.
6. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
(a) The birds are mimiced.
(b) A song is sung.
(c) The trees are counted.
(d) A book index is read wrong.
7. Why is Moose so nervous to give his oral report?
(a) He doesn't want kids to find out about Natalie.
(b) The warden warned him not to talk about Alcatraz.
(c) It is his first day.
(d) He hates his haircut.
8. What is Moose's last name?
9. What kind of things has Mother done to try and help Natalie?
(a) Special schools.
(b) All of these.
(c) Personal tutors.
(d) A special diet.
10. Why does Moose worry so much about his sister?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is easily scared.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is mentally challenged.
11. What did people tell Mother to do to Natalie when they realized something was wrong with her?
(a) Hire a nanny.
(b) Put her in an asylum.
(c) Have an operation.
(d) Keep her home.
12. Why does Moose get embarrassed on the first day of school?
(a) He is asked about Alcatraz.
(b) His shoes are made fun of.
(c) He is asked if he was held back.
(d) He has a bad hair cut.
13. What did Natalie do at UCLA?
(a) Counseled others.
(b) Got treatment.
14. What does the warden want Moose's help with?
(a) Piper's school projects.
(b) The laundromat.
(c) A new garden.
(d) The schedule.
15. What does Moose say when Piper pressures him to do something?
(a) He changes the subject.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He says nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moose's mother get angry when she sees him with Piper?
2. What is Mother told to do when Natalie comes home from school?
3. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
4. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
5. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)