|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets to San Francisco for her new school?
(a) Open her eyes.
(b) Get off the boat.
(c) Stop dancing.
(d) Speak to people.
2. What does Moose say when Piper pressures him to do something?
(a) He changes the subject.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He refuses.
3. Why does Moose worry so much about his sister?
(a) She is mentally challenged.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is easily scared.
(d) She is sick.
4. How is Jimmy related to Theresa?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her nephew.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her uncle.
5. Why does Moose's mother get angry when she sees him with Piper?
(a) He took Natalie with her.
(b) He didn't tell her where he was going.
(c) He is not wearing a jacket.
(d) He isn't supposed to talk to Piper.
6. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
(a) Therapist appointments.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) Baseball practice.
(d) Time with his father.
7. What is Moose grateful for in the person who showed him around the island?
(a) She is younger than him.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is good at sports.
(d) She is accepting of Natalie.
8. Who interrupts Moose's meeting with the warden?
9. What stops Moose from thinking about what people wanted Mother to do with Natalie?
(a) His father comes home.
(b) He gets a phone call.
(c) He hears Natalie laughing.
(d) He learns of his meeting with the warden.
10. Where will Moose be attending school?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) His house.
(c) The island.
(d) A church.
11. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
(a) Bugsy Segal.
(c) Baby Face Nelson.
(d) Al Capone.
12. What is Moose's father's new job?
(a) Doctor's assistant.
13. How does Moose feel when he wakes up in his clothes the first night in his new home?
14. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets agitated after meeting Piper?
15. Who asked Moose to ask a favor of Scout?
(c) Natalie's therapist.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Moose where to get a prison ball?
2. What is Mr. Purdy's occupation?
3. What does Piper give her oral report about?
4. How does Natalie walk on the way to her new school?
5. Where does Moose meet Piper?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)