|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Natalie not allowed to stay at the school?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is not ready.
(c) She is too sick.
(d) She is too young.
2. What does Mr. Purdy tell Moose?
(a) His father has another job offer.
(b) He needs to change schools.
(c) Natalie must be picked up immediately.
(d) Their car lights are on.
3. Why did Moose's mother force her family to move?
(a) To get Natalie into a school.
(b) To take a new job.
(c) To be near her family.
(d) To be near the ocean.
4. How does Piper plan to make money from her school students?
(a) Offer protection to victims of bullying.
(b) Have their laundry done at Alcatraz.
(c) Sell secrets of Alcatraz.
(d) Tutor students who fall behind.
5. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
(a) He gets a note.
(b) His father tells him.
(c) He gets a phonecall.
(d) He reads the schedule.
6. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
(a) He doesn't get his own room.
(b) He has to go to school.
(c) His boxes haven't come yet.
(d) His father has to work.
7. Who interrupts Moose's meeting with the warden?
8. What does Moose have to give up because of his mother's lessons?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) Therapist appointments.
(c) Baseball practice.
(d) Time with his father.
9. What is Esther P. Marinoff?
(a) A museum.
(b) A school.
(c) A ship.
(d) A prison.
10. Which inmate is the most famous on the island?
(a) Bugsy Segal.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Baby Face Nelson.
11. What does Moose like to play with his father?
12. How is Jimmy related to Theresa?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her nephew.
13. How old is Moose at the beginning of the book?
14. What does Piper charge for her services?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dollar.
(c) A dime.
(d) A nickel.
15. Who does Natalie's therapist want her to spend more time with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moose's mother get angry when she sees him with Piper?
2. How does Piper threaten Moose when they first meet?
3. What is Mr. Purdy's occupation?
4. Why does Mother teach lessons?
5. What is Moose's father's new job?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)