|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappoints Moose the most on his first morning in his new home?
(a) His boxes haven't come yet.
(b) His father has to work.
(c) He has to go to school.
(d) He doesn't get his own room.
2. Why does Moose sleep in his clothes on his first night in his new home?
(a) His pajamas are all packed.
(b) He is too tired to change.
(c) He is afraid of an attack.
(d) He is cold.
3. What does Piper take home with her for her services?
4. How is Moose different from his other classmates?
(a) He is shorter.
(b) He is taller.
(c) He is fatter.
(d) He has glasses.
5. What is Moose never supposed to talk about with people off the island?
(a) The warden.
(b) The rules.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Their life.
6. Why does Mother teach lessons?
(a) To express herself.
(b) To feel supportive.
(c) To further Natalie's progress.
(d) To make money.
7. How does Natalie get distracted to get to her new school?
(a) A book index is read wrong.
(b) The trees are counted.
(c) The birds are mimiced.
(d) A song is sung.
8. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets to San Francisco for her new school?
(a) Get off the boat.
(b) Speak to people.
(c) Stop dancing.
(d) Open her eyes.
9. What does Mr. Purdy tell Moose?
(a) He needs to change schools.
(b) Their car lights are on.
(c) Natalie must be picked up immediately.
(d) His father has another job offer.
10. What does the warden want Moose's help with?
(a) The laundromat.
(b) The schedule.
(c) Piper's school projects.
(d) A new garden.
11. How does Natalie walk on the way to her new school?
12. What sport does Moose like to play?
13. What stops Moose from thinking about what people wanted Mother to do with Natalie?
(a) His father comes home.
(b) He gets a phone call.
(c) He hears Natalie laughing.
(d) He learns of his meeting with the warden.
14. What does Piper give her oral report about?
(b) Her father.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Moose's sister.
15. What is Moose's father's new job?
(b) Doctor's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natalie refuse to do when she gets agitated after meeting Piper?
2. How is Jimmy related to Theresa?
3. What does the warden talk about with Moose in their meeting?
4. How does Moose hear about his meeting with the warden?
5. What did Natalie do at UCLA?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)