Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
Describe Wole's family structure. Is it tight-knit and nuclear, or more loose-knit and extended? How is Wole influenced by his father? His mother? Where is the line drawn between family and stranger?
What is Wole's view toward A) modernization, and b) Westernization. How does he contrast modern living with the world of his childhood? Use examples from the text.
Describe the tone Wole Soyinka uses throughout Ake. What is his attitude toward the events of his childhood? How might tone reveal his intent in relaying his biography to readers? Use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)