Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
2. What happens to the naked woman at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. What racist view does Beere express in Chapter 15?
4. As expressed in Chapter 15, what school rule does Daodu believe is racist?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
Examine Wole's relationship with Wild Christian's women's group. How socially aware is Wole? How socially aware is the book itself? Is Wole trying to make a social statement, or is he remaining impassioned and objective?
From Wild Christian to Canon to Log-Splitter to Father, who is in fact, Wole's grandfather, there are several unusual names throughout Ake. What might these unusual naming conventions tell us about Wole's culture?
What is Wole's view toward A) modernization, and b) Westernization. How does he contrast modern living with the world of his childhood? Use examples from the text.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)