Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
Essay Topic 1
From Wild Christian to Canon to Log-Splitter to Father, who is in fact, Wole's grandfather, there are several unusual names throughout Ake. What might these unusual naming conventions tell us about Wole's culture?
Essay Topic 2
Particular attention is paid to certain "coming of age" moments, such as when Wole's Jonah rock loses its power, or when his baby sister dies. Reflect on those two events. What is learned by Wole? What is lost to him after these moments? What has he gained?
Essay Topic 3
What is the nature of Wole's relationship to his community? How close are members of the community to one another? Can it be said the community is tribal? Why or why not?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)