Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
Essay Topic 1
What is Wole's view on education? What can be learned in school that cannot be learned in everyday life, and vice versa? What or who influences Wole's views on education?
Essay Topic 2
How might the Wole of today reflect on the spiritual beliefs of the older generation, which might be considered quaint or primitive? How might the waning of traditional spiritual beliefs have affected his culture? What was valuable about traditional spiritual beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
From Wild Christian to Canon to Log-Splitter to Father, who is in fact, Wole's grandfather, there are several unusual names throughout Ake. What might these unusual naming conventions tell us about Wole's culture?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)