Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Wole's family structure. Is it tight-knit and nuclear, or more loose-knit and extended? How is Wole influenced by his father? His mother? Where is the line drawn between family and stranger?
Essay Topic 2
What is the nature of Wole's relationship to his community? How close are members of the community to one another? Can it be said the community is tribal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1, Wole speaks of his immediate family and home life. By the end of the book, Wole speaks of much wider issues at the community and national levels. Describe this progression. Is this a conscious choice on the part of the author, or just a natural byproduct of biography? How does this narrative "widening" reflect upon Wole's own maturation?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)