Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
Particular attention is paid to certain "coming of age" moments, such as when Wole's Jonah rock loses its power, or when his baby sister dies. Reflect on those two events. What is learned by Wole? What is lost to him after these moments? What has he gained?
Mr. B, "You-Mean-Mayself," and Uncle Dipo are three visitors to Wole's household. Using these three men as an example, what does Wole make of visitors? How does he regard them? Are they opportunities for strangeness and humor, or do they represent something more?
Describe the religious beliefs Wole grew up around. How much was borrowed from tribal beliefs, and how much from Christianity? Cite three examples of religious beliefs in the text, and explain them in the context of the overall mix of beliefs in Egbaland.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)