Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
Essay Topic 1
What is the "moral" to the story of Sorowanke? Why does Wole choose to tell this story? What can the reader take away from Sorowanke and her treatment at the hands of the citizens?
Essay Topic 2
Racism is a somewhat common theme in the text, especially the friction between white colonialists and the native Africans. How much of the racist sentiments and beliefs expressed in the text are justified, and how much are characterized as excessive or ridiculous? What might Wole himself say about the presence of racism, and its effect on his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tone Wole Soyinka uses throughout Ake. What is his attitude toward the events of his childhood? How might tone reveal his intent in relaying his biography to readers? Use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)