|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father warn Wole about in Chapter 9 about grammar school?
2. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
3. What position does the Alake have?
4. What are Wole's future plans for Mrs. Odufuwa?
5. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the "moral" to the story of Sorowanke? Why does Wole choose to tell this story? What can the reader take away from Sorowanke and her treatment at the hands of the citizens?
Essay Topic 2
What is Wole's view on education? What can be learned in school that cannot be learned in everyday life, and vice versa? What or who influences Wole's views on education?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. B, "You-Mean-Mayself," and Uncle Dipo are three visitors to Wole's household. Using these three men as an example, what does Wole make of visitors? How does he regard them? Are they opportunities for strangeness and humor, or do they represent something more?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)