|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret promise does Beere make with Wole at the end of the book?
(a) Beere will send Wole additional money.
(b) Beere will send Wole packages of his favorite food -- pounded yams.
(c) Beere will get Wole shoes.
(d) Beere will continue to give Wole news about the protest movement.
2. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) A young orphan died from starvation.
(b) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
(c) A woman was raped by a policeman.
(d) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
3. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
(b) Ake Femi.
(c) Daodu International.
4. What best describes the spiritual beliefs of young Wole?
(a) A mix of tribal beliefs and Christianity.
(b) Wole retains the tribal beliefs of his people only.
(c) Wole is an atheist, and his family has forsaken religion.
(d) Wole's family has rejected tribal beliefs, and he is a pure Christian.
5. What does the derogatory term "agb'eyin-to" refer to?
(a) White men.
(d) Westernized Africans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Wole's future plans for Mrs. Odufuwa?
2. As revealed in the Uncle Sanya story in Chapter 1, which of the following is considered a rare delicacy?
3. What is Wole's reaction when he sees his first white man?
4. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
5. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)