|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
(a) He doubts they teach anything useful beyond what grammar school teaches.
(b) He doubts an organization that accepts only men.
(c) He has heard the discipline at the college is especially harsh.
(d) He doubts an organization that uses white people to teach black people.
2. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
(a) She is given a hero's welcome.
(b) She is reviled, and fruit is thrown at her.
(c) The return happens without incident.
(d) She is given an award from the local governor.
3. How do the women mock the Alake at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They speak with his nasally accent.
(b) They sing songs mocking him.
(c) They write mock newspaper articles.
(d) They wear imitations of his robe.
4. What is kasada?
(a) Crayfish stew.
(b) Wole's dismissive term for all Western influences.
(c) A large, fleshy melon.
(d) Coconut cake.
5. What issue is NOT discussed at Wild Christian's women's group?
(a) The drought.
(b) Civil service.
(d) Infant mortality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the protest at the Alake compound eventually take?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What is an ogboni?
4. What does Wole consider his "sanctuary" in Chapter 9 while staying in Isara?
5. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)