|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
(b) Mama Aduni.
(c) Bada Dooey.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
(a) The boy hit a teacher.
(b) The boy got a girl pregnant.
(c) The boy stole Wole's school supplies.
(d) The boy caused unnecessary alarm by claiming there was a fire.
3. What is Wole's reaction when he sees his first white man?
(a) He believes the man is a black albino.
(b) He thinks his vision has been damaged.
(c) He thinks the white man is a god.
(d) He thinks the white man is a tribal spirit.
4. What advice does Broda Pupa give to Wole concerning bee stings?
(a) If attacked by a swarm of bees, drop to the ground and roll around.
(b) If attacked by a swarm of bees, run away as fast as you can.
(c) Bee stings can be treated with a warm salt bath.
(d) Bee stings can be treated with hyena dung.
5. At the end of Chapter 10, what is the status of Sorowanke?
(a) She becomes the owner of a successful coconut cake shop.
(b) She is driven from the town and forgotten.
(c) She is driven from the town, but the city elders record her tale for posterity.
(d) She settles down and raises a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
2. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
3. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
4. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
5. What best describes Kemberi's oratorical style?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)