|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
(a) Anything that is seemingly magical, such as the radio.
(b) A pair of overalls worn to protect against stinging insects.
(c) Wild Christian's infamous stick she uses to punish children.
(d) Someone who disturbs the brush to locate animals for hunters.
2. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
(a) Isara is full of rich snobs who look down upon his family.
(b) The town is provincial and unsanitary.
(c) He was promised an elephant statue from a trader, but he never got it.
(d) Wole does not receive any presents from Father.
3. What town is Essay from, originally?
(a) Cape Town.
4. What form does the ghommid take when it chases Uncle Sanya in Chapter 1?
(a) A storm cloud.
(b) The Devil.
(c) A giant fireball.
(d) An ogre.
5. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
(a) The area around the Government College became a contested zone during World War II.
(b) Wild Christian needs help at her shop.
(c) He does not get a scholarship.
(d) He must tend to a sick Essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Broda Pupa give to Wole concerning bee stings?
2. What is Daodu's other name?
3. What are Wole's future plans for Mrs. Odufuwa?
4. What is akara?
5. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)