|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
2. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
(a) He doubts an organization that uses white people to teach black people.
(b) He doubts an organization that accepts only men.
(c) He has heard the discipline at the college is especially harsh.
(d) He doubts they teach anything useful beyond what grammar school teaches.
3. How do the women mock the Alake at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They write mock newspaper articles.
(b) They sing songs mocking him.
(c) They wear imitations of his robe.
(d) They speak with his nasally accent.
4. How long does the mob violence at the Alake compound last?
(a) A year.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
5. Odemo is the chief of which town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ogiri?
2. What does the derogatory term "agb'eyin-to" refer to?
3. As expressed in Chapter 15, what school rule does Daodu believe is racist?
4. What does the white district officer say to Beere to anger her and start mob violence?
5. What is the immediate inspiration for a march upon the Alake in Chapter 14?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)