|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ogiri?
(a) A swear word.
(b) Coconut cake.
(c) Street orphans.
(d) A type of cheese product.
2. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
3. What best describes Daodu?
(b) Extremely handsome.
4. What happens at the end of Wee-Wee's lashing of a boy in Chapter 12?
(a) The teachers stop Wee-Wee from doing any more harm to the boy.
(b) Wee-Wee is weak, and by the last lash he is exhausted.
(c) Wee-Wee has second thoughts, and only delivers half of the lashings.
(d) The students applause Wee-Wee for his rigorous lashing.
5. How does Wild Christian respond to the mob violence in Chapter 14?
(a) Wild Christian tries to strangle the Alake.
(b) Wild Christian betrays the women's group to the local police.
(c) Wild Christian is among the most violent instigators in the mob.
(d) Wild Christian doesn't believe violence is the way, and she refuses to participate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beere's relationship to Daodu?
2. Why does Paa Adatan feel he is the victim of racism?
3. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
4. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
5. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wole deal with the prospect of Essay dying in Chapter 11? How does Essay himself deal with the prospect?
2. Describe the nature of the "sit-in" staged by the women's group in Chapter 14.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what apparent blasphemy does Wole commit in Odemo's palace?
4. What sage advice does Broda Pupa give Wole in Chapter 9? How is Wole later able to use that advice to his advantage?
5. What is the general dynamic between Wole, Essay, and Wild Christian? What is the nature of their relationship?
6. How does Daodu run his school?
7. What is Wole's first experience with Daodu? What is the outcome?
8. Describe the lashing of the boy by Wee-Wee in Chapter 12.
9. Describe Wild Christian's women's group. Who are its members? What do they discuss?
10. Describe the events that lead up to the violence at the Alake's compound.
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)