|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's reaction when he sees his first white man?
(a) He believes the man is a black albino.
(b) He thinks the white man is a god.
(c) He thinks the white man is a tribal spirit.
(d) He thinks his vision has been damaged.
2. What best describes the spiritual beliefs of young Wole?
(a) A mix of tribal beliefs and Christianity.
(b) Wole is an atheist, and his family has forsaken religion.
(c) Wole's family has rejected tribal beliefs, and he is a pure Christian.
(d) Wole retains the tribal beliefs of his people only.
3. Who interrupts the festival given to Beere when she returns from England?
(a) A naked woman.
(b) Paa Adatan.
(d) An orphan boy.
4. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
(a) Bada Dooey.
(b) Mama Aduni.
5. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women do to symbolically strip the local chiefs of their power?
2. Who does the Alake summon to his residence in response to the women's protest?
3. What issue is NOT discussed at Wild Christian's women's group?
4. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
5. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the highlight of Wole's time on the farm with Broda Pupa in Chapter 9?
2. Describe the tax controversy that arises in Chapter 13, and how the women's group addresses it.
3. What sage advice does Broda Pupa give Wole in Chapter 9? How is Wole later able to use that advice to his advantage?
4. How does Daodu run his school?
5. Describe the nature of the "sit-in" staged by the women's group in Chapter 14.
6. Describe the events that lead up to the violence at the Alake's compound.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what apparent blasphemy does Wole commit in Odemo's palace?
8. What words of caution does Father have for Wole in Chapter 9, in regards to secondary education?
9. What is Wole's first experience with Daodu? What is the outcome?
10. How does Wole deal with the prospect of Essay dying in Chapter 11? How does Essay himself deal with the prospect?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)