|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Essay hire a photographer in Chapter 11?
(a) To document the poor state of the parsonage compound.
(b) To photograph Essay alone and with his family, for posterity.
(c) To document the wedding of a favorite former student.
(d) To photograph Essay's prize rose bush.
2. What positive omen takes place during the protest at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) It rains.
(b) A cow joins the crowd.
(c) A soothsayer reports the spirits are pleased.
(d) A baby girl is born.
3. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Wole begins speaking directly to an unnamed friend.
(b) Wole writes from the perspective of Wild Christian.
(c) Wole speaks in rhyme.
(d) Wole breaks from his childhood narrative to speak about the present-day.
4. In Chapter 14, how does Wild Christian come to the aid of a local chief?
(a) She helps him to read a letter from the British government.
(b) She gives him money after his belt pouch was stolen.
(c) She hides him so he is not beaten by the mob.
(d) She testifies in his defense at trial.
5. Odemo is the chief of which town?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the women's protest end?
2. What does the derogatory term "agb'eyin-to" refer to?
3. Why does Wole receive lashings in Chapter 12?
4. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
5. Where does Sorowanke live, according to Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Alake respond to the women's march?
2. What is the highlight of Wole's time on the farm with Broda Pupa in Chapter 9?
3. Per Chapter 10, describe what Wole and Edun would do every Sunday morning prior to choir practice.
4. What is the nature of the controversy that arises from Beere's trip to England? How does the women's group respond?
5. What sage advice does Broda Pupa give Wole in Chapter 9? How is Wole later able to use that advice to his advantage?
6. What problems exist in Wole's community? What are the social issues of the day?
7. What words of caution does Father have for Wole in Chapter 9, in regards to secondary education?
8. Describe the events leading up to the women's group decision to march on the Alake.
9. What does Essay make Wole promise in Chapter 11? How does Wole respond to this request?
10. What expectation does Wole have in Chapter 9 for Isara? What is the reality of Isara?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)