|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the mob violence at the Alake compound last?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A day.
2. What is Beere's relationship to Daodu?
(d) They are not related.
3. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
(a) Many Voices, One Voice.
(b) The Ake Women's Collective.
(c) Women's Advocacy Organization.
(d) The Egba Women's Union.
4. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
(a) It is a staple of his diet, and he has no strong opinion about it.
(b) He is disgusted by it, even though his family loves it.
(c) He is never able to try it.
(d) He enjoys the taste.
5. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wole consider his "sanctuary" in Chapter 9 while staying in Isara?
2. How does the women's protest end?
3. What best describes Kemberi's oratorical style?
4. How does the Alake respond initially to the women's group demands?
5. How does Wild Christian respond to the mob violence in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What words of caution does Father have for Wole in Chapter 9, in regards to secondary education?
2. Describe the tax controversy that arises in Chapter 13, and how the women's group addresses it.
3. What is the nature of the controversy that arises from Beere's trip to England? How does the women's group respond?
4. How does Wild Christian react to the chaos and violence that erupts at the Alake's compound?
5. What happens when Beere returns from England?
6. What sage advice does Broda Pupa give Wole in Chapter 9? How is Wole later able to use that advice to his advantage?
7. What expectation does Wole have in Chapter 9 for Isara? What is the reality of Isara?
8. Describe the "rite of manhood" Wole endures at the end of Chapter 9.
9. Describe the events that lead up to the violence at the Alake's compound.
10. What opinion does Wole express in Chapter 10 about Western influences and modern living?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)