|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racist view does Beere express in Chapter 15?
(a) Whites always break promises.
(b) Whites dropped the A-Bomb on Japan in World War II because they were Asian.
(c) White men sleep with black women to feel superior.
(d) Whites are lazy and given to theft.
2. What does Wole consider his "sanctuary" in Chapter 9 while staying in Isara?
(a) The market district.
(b) An abandoned bomb shelter.
(c) Father's mud-house.
(d) The central fountain.
3. What best describes Kemberi's oratorical style?
4. What advice does Broda Pupa give to Wole concerning bee stings?
(a) Bee stings can be treated with a warm salt bath.
(b) If attacked by a swarm of bees, run away as fast as you can.
(c) Bee stings can be treated with hyena dung.
(d) If attacked by a swarm of bees, drop to the ground and roll around.
5. How does Wild Christian respond to the mob violence in Chapter 14?
(a) Wild Christian tries to strangle the Alake.
(b) Wild Christian is among the most violent instigators in the mob.
(c) Wild Christian betrays the women's group to the local police.
(d) Wild Christian doesn't believe violence is the way, and she refuses to participate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Father's religion?
2. What do the women do to symbolically strip the local chiefs of their power?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
5. Who does the Alake summon to his residence in response to the women's protest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wild Christian react to the chaos and violence that erupts at the Alake's compound?
2. What words of caution does Father have for Wole in Chapter 9, in regards to secondary education?
3. Describe the nature of the "sit-in" staged by the women's group in Chapter 14.
4. What does Essay make Wole promise in Chapter 11? How does Wole respond to this request?
5. How does the Alake respond to the women's march?
6. What sage advice does Broda Pupa give Wole in Chapter 9? How is Wole later able to use that advice to his advantage?
7. What is Wole's first experience with Daodu? What is the outcome?
8. How does Wole deal with the prospect of Essay dying in Chapter 11? How does Essay himself deal with the prospect?
9. Overall, what is Wole's view about getting an education?
10. What is the nature of the controversy that arises from Beere's trip to England? How does the women's group respond?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)